Northwestern Mutual

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

West Chester, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through my school's website - Recruit 'A Cat (University of Cincinnati) and spoke with the recruiter on the phone. We set up an interview for the following week and I met with her in person. The interview was very simple and conversational. After the interview, there was a personality test to be completed. They don't tell you what you need in order to "pass" the test because they want you to answer honestly. If you don't receive a 75% or higher on the test, you fail. I received a 69% and she emailed my results and told me that they could not proceed with the process.

Interview Question – Share two positive qualities you currently don't have that you would like to have   View Answer

Interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview Details – The process was quick as I was referred by a staff.

Interview Question – how to come across enthusiastic to others.   Answer Question

Bakersfield, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2013.

Interview Details – i came in to first interview for a full time financial rep position, but came back and interviewed twice for the recruiting position then told it moved to another office, got a call back months later and got the job offer.

Interview Question – telling them about myself besides my resume. they wanted to know about me personally   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they sent me a offical offer letter and i accepted it.

Recruiting Coordinator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very thought out my the company

Interview Question – How would you handle rejection if a friend turned you down on a life insurance policy.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northwestern Mutual

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual Recruiting Coordinator interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees and interview candidates.