Northwestern Mutual

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in May 2012.

I was contacted by recruiter to interview (I did not make the initial contact), and I went in to speak with a recruiter one-on-one. The office was very nice, and the interview went very well. I was given a packet of information and walked through the entire hiring process (which is extremely complex...) before being taken to another office to watch a video about the company. Afterwards, they emailed me a personality test to take at home. I took it within 24 hours, and within another 12 hours I received an email stating that "based on the results from my test" they would not be moving forward with my application. After all that, it felt like they had wasted a lot of my time. They contacted me, brought me in for a long, drawn-out interview, lectured me on the hiring process, made me watch a video... all so they could deny me after taking a test that I wish they had asked me to take in the first place.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2011.

Met a recruiter at a business marketing event. I was invited for an interview with the company where I had a one-on-one review with an HR person. They asked questions about myself and my work experience, what qualities I have that sets me apart from other candidates, etc. etc. Everything was going fine till they briefly spoke about the compensation process. It sounded eerily familiar to a MLM structure so I asked them if that's what it was, and not to my surprise I received a lot of ums, and other mouth fumblings, till I was told when I come back for the second part of the interview it would be explained in more detail. This was a red flag for me, if you can't explain how you compensate your employees in 5 mins you probably don't have the employees interest at heart.

Interview Questions
    • What type of experience in sales do you have?   Answer Question
    • Give us a list of 10 of your closest friends and family members.   View Answer