Northwestern Mutual

Northwestern Mutual Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.0

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

They came to my school campus to recruit. I requested information and was contacted by phone and then through email to set up an appointment for an interview at their downtown location. I was interviewed by a recruiter and it was very easy and everyone there was friendly. I also took a personality test before I came and at the interview we spent most the time going over that and how it applied to the job?

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2012.

Invite for was warm and friendly. The work environment looked quite boring. The interviewer was nice but she asked lots of redundant questions that really fail to capture the true potential in an applicant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2012.

The recruiter had called on the phone to offer me a Skype interview after explaining what her company was all about. The recruiter seems very nice and easy going. I did the Skype interview a week later and spoke with the recruiter about what I wanted out of life and what I was willing to do to achieve it. She begins to explain the internship after seeing that I was qualified for the job. The internship is about selling their insurance to your family, friends, and acquaintances. You make your money in commission. It is really easy to get the internship, from what I get they basically will hire anyone. The offices are very nice, but the job is somewhat a scam.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2012.

Don't take their offers, unless you want to cold call 100 of your closest friends and family members.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer
    • How do you plan on preparing for this position?   View Answer

They call their telemarketing service a sales position to interns,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2012.

They pretty much give a group presentation about their products and the company. It's not a one on one interview at all. They then give you a packet that you must have filled out and turn back in at a later date if you wish to get the internship.

Interview Questions

I don't want to sell insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2011.

Drove an hour only to have a 10 minuted interview even though I was told I was to interview with serveral people.

Sales Associate Interview

really generic questions for the first round such as self introduction, resume walkthrough and other pretty easy stuff. After the interview you will receive a full package of northwestern company background and other useful information