Northwestern Mutual

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview Details – They came to my school campus to recruit. I requested information and was contacted by phone and then through email to set up an appointment for an interview at their downtown location. I was interviewed by a recruiter and it was very easy and everyone there was friendly. I also took a personality test before I came and at the interview we spent most the time going over that and how it applied to the job?

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2012.

Interview Details – Invite for was warm and friendly. The work environment looked quite boring. The interviewer was nice but she asked lots of redundant questions that really fail to capture the true potential in an applicant.

Interview Question – Who do you respect the most in your life?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Milwaukee, WI

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2012.

Interview Details – Don't take their offers, unless you want to cold call 100 of your closest friends and family members.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – They call their telemarketing service a sales position to interns,

Melville, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2012.

Interview Details – The recruiter had called on the phone to offer me a Skype interview after explaining what her company was all about. The recruiter seems very nice and easy going. I did the Skype interview a week later and spoke with the recruiter about what I wanted out of life and what I was willing to do to achieve it. She begins to explain the internship after seeing that I was qualified for the job. The internship is about selling their insurance to your family, friends, and acquaintances. You make your money in commission. It is really easy to get the internship, from what I get they basically will hire anyone. The offices are very nice, but the job is somewhat a scam.

Interview Question – What do I want to do to have a sense of inner peace?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lombard, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2012.

Interview Details – They pretty much give a group presentation about their products and the company. It's not a one on one interview at all. They then give you a packet that you must have filled out and turn back in at a later date if you wish to get the internship.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I don't want to sell insurance

Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2011.

Interview Details – Drove an hour only to have a 10 minuted interview even though I was told I was to interview with serveral people.

Interview Question – What was something you failed at?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview Details – really generic questions for the first round such as self introduction, resume walkthrough and other pretty easy stuff. After the interview you will receive a full package of northwestern company background and other useful information

Interview Question – What do you think makes a good manager   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northwestern Mutual

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees and interview candidates.