Northwestern Mutual

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview Details – Very relaxed 1:1 interview we walked through my resume and she asked why I was interested. She explained the training process to me and we hit it off.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The position just wasn't for me

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2011.

Interview Details – First interview was over the phone, second interview in person with HR, after second interview they email you some links to a series of tests/ questionnaires. They will ask you to disclose all of your personal assets/liabilities.

The person from HR was nice, personable, and well informed about the different "levels" within the company. The second interview was scripted.

Pay is 100% commission

Interview Question – What sales experience do you have?   Answer Question

Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in June 2010.

Interview Details – Long Process but new the wanted to know exactly what they were getting in a new hire

Interview Question – What is your greatest assest?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in September 2011.

Interview Details – I received a cold call from a recruiter and was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was very invasive of my personal and family life although both interviewers were very nice. The culture in the building seemed to be varied. There were people in suits and ties, and people in jeans and t-shirts in the same office. I was asked to fill out some forms before the interview and ultimately declined to continue the process.

Interview Question – What are your parents' personalities like?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2011.

Interview Details – Everyone was very nice, the recruiter i talked to at my career fair was the same woman that did my one on one interview. She asked basic behavioral questions and expected you to go in depth with them. ex: name one of your weaknesses.

Interview Question – name one of your weaknesses   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had to get all my clients myself and I wasn't comfortable doing it

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in July 2010.

Interview Details – To long, I would have liked to know more about the place and job early on.

Interview Question – Why was I applying at Northwestern?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Didn’t like the pushy interviewer.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in September 2009.

Interview Details – It began with a 1:1 interview with a recruiter. Basically questions were asked about why I wanted the job and what I knew about the company. Then I received another interview a week later with the hiring manager similar behavioral questions were asked. From the first interview they gave me some homework and literature to go over. It consisted of a web that I could fill out with prospective life insurance prospects.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I found a better opportunity.

Fort Worth, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2010.

Interview Details – I met with a recruiter on campus and did a phone interview and assesment test within a week after meeting with them. The phone interview went well and my assesment results were "great" (per recruiter). The questions were pretty general interview questions. I declined the second interview.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The job sounded good, but it was an internship and I was looking more for full time.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process for Northwestern mutual begins with one 1:1 interview and then you are told to take an online assesment, from there there is a second round interview. The interview mainly consists of a behavioral interview where they ask you questions like where do you see yourself in the next 5 years...and "tell me about yourself."

Very Easy Interview

Sales

The process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in August 2008.

Interview Details – Posed to be a great internship experience. However it turned out to be nothing more than selling life insurance to your family and friends. More of a sales position than the financial based job they had discussed. Decided to not follow through with a second interview because the position did not interest me.

Interview Question – Do you like being rewarded for hard work?   Answer Question

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!