Northwestern Mutual Sales Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very relaxed 1:1 interview we walked through my resume and she asked why I was interested. She explained the training process to me and we hit it off.

Interview Questions

The position just wasn't for me

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

First interview was over the phone, second interview in person with HR, after second interview they email you some links to a series of tests/ questionnaires. They will ask you to disclose all of your personal assets/liabilities. The person from HR was nice, personable, and well informed about the different "levels" within the company. The second interview was scripted. Pay is 100% commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

I received a cold call from a recruiter and was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was very invasive of my personal and family life although both interviewers were very nice. The culture in the building seemed to be varied. There were people in suits and ties, and people in jeans and t-shirts in the same office. I was asked to fill out some forms before the interview and ultimately declined to continue the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Everyone was very nice, the recruiter i talked to at my career fair was the same woman that did my one on one interview. She asked basic behavioral questions and expected you to go in depth with them. ex: name one of your weaknesses.

Interview Questions

I had to get all my clients myself and I wasn't comfortable doing it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

To long, I would have liked to know more about the place and job early on.

Interview Questions

• Why was I applying at Northwestern?   1 Answer

Didn’t like the pushy interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Greensboro, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

Long Process but new the wanted to know exactly what they were getting in a new hire

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

I met with a recruiter on campus and did a phone interview and assesment test within a week after meeting with them. The phone interview went well and my assesment results were "great" (per recruiter). The questions were pretty general interview questions. I declined the second interview.

Interview Questions

The job sounded good, but it was an internship and I was looking more for full time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2009.

Interview

It began with a 1:1 interview with a recruiter. Basically questions were asked about why I wanted the job and what I knew about the company. Then I received another interview a week later with the hiring manager similar behavioral questions were asked. From the first interview they gave me some homework and literature to go over. It consisted of a web that I could fill out with prospective life insurance prospects.

Interview Questions

• Do you have friends that would be potential life insurance prospects?   Answer Question
    • What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

I found a better opportunity.

Sales Interview

Interview

You will have to develop a list to cold call.

Wasnt what i wanted

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2012.

Interview

Having a connection to the company, I was able to meet directly with the managing director of the branch I would have been at. It's very much a personality thing. If you can talk and get on well with people you'll be fine. Answer basic questions that an interview would involve, but primarily why NWM and why you'd be good at it.