Northwestern Mutual Sales Interview Questions

2.4

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process for Northwestern mutual begins with one 1:1 interview and then you are told to take an online assesment, from there there is a second round interview. The interview mainly consists of a behavioral interview where they ask you questions like where do you see yourself in the next 5 years...and "tell me about yourself."

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

I met with a recruiter on campus and did a phone interview and assesment test within a week after meeting with them. The phone interview went well and my assesment results were "great" (per recruiter). The questions were pretty general interview questions. I declined the second interview.

Interview Questions

The job sounded good, but it was an internship and I was looking more for full time.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2010.

Interview

Got interviewed by the HR manager. Very nice person, but the interview was very informal. I was not very interested in the job but wanted to see what the company was about and get some practice. The position seems like you can either do it or not. No in between. Which, for me, it isn't something I could do, sales. If you can, I would recommend Northwestern, nice people, seem to actually care.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable having to sell to family and friends?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2009.

Interview

It began with a 1:1 interview with a recruiter. Basically questions were asked about why I wanted the job and what I knew about the company. Then I received another interview a week later with the hiring manager similar behavioral questions were asked. From the first interview they gave me some homework and literature to go over. It consisted of a web that I could fill out with prospective life insurance prospects.

Interview Questions

• Do you have friends that would be potential life insurance prospects?   Answer Question
    • What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

I found a better opportunity.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2007.

Interview

They found my resume online and contacted me about an entry level sales position. I didn't think it would be a very good fit for me, but decided to check it out. There is a personality test you have to take online. After my 1 on 1 interview, I left with a good overall impression of the company. If I was interested in insurance sales, I think it would probably be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years...they are definitely looking for career/lifelong employees   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

To long, I would have liked to know more about the place and job early on.

Interview Questions

• Why was I applying at Northwestern?   1 Answer

Didn’t like the pushy interviewer.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Greensboro, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

Long Process but new the wanted to know exactly what they were getting in a new hire

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

First interview was over the phone, second interview in person with HR, after second interview they email you some links to a series of tests/ questionnaires. They will ask you to disclose all of your personal assets/liabilities.

The person from HR was nice, personable, and well informed about the different "levels" within the company. The second interview was scripted.

Pay is 100% commission

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2012.

Interview

Having a connection to the company, I was able to meet directly with the managing director of the branch I would have been at. It's very much a personality thing. If you can talk and get on well with people you'll be fine. Answer basic questions that an interview would involve, but primarily why NWM and why you'd be good at it.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Everyone was very nice, the recruiter i talked to at my career fair was the same woman that did my one on one interview. She asked basic behavioral questions and expected you to go in depth with them. ex: name one of your weaknesses.

Interview Questions

I had to get all my clients myself and I wasn't comfortable doing it