Northwestern Mutual

Northwestern Mutual Sales Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process for Northwestern mutual begins with one 1:1 interview and then you are told to take an online assesment, from there there is a second round interview. The interview mainly consists of a behavioral interview where they ask you questions like where do you see yourself in the next 5 years...and "tell me about yourself."

Fort Worth, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2010.

Interview Details – I met with a recruiter on campus and did a phone interview and assesment test within a week after meeting with them. The phone interview went well and my assesment results were "great" (per recruiter). The questions were pretty general interview questions. I declined the second interview.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The job sounded good, but it was an internship and I was looking more for full time.

Sales

The process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2010.

Interview Details – Got interviewed by the HR manager. Very nice person, but the interview was very informal. I was not very interested in the job but wanted to see what the company was about and get some practice. The position seems like you can either do it or not. No in between. Which, for me, it isn't something I could do, sales. If you can, I would recommend Northwestern, nice people, seem to actually care.

Interview Question – Would you be comfortable having to sell to family and friends?   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in September 2009.

Interview Details – It began with a 1:1 interview with a recruiter. Basically questions were asked about why I wanted the job and what I knew about the company. Then I received another interview a week later with the hiring manager similar behavioral questions were asked. From the first interview they gave me some homework and literature to go over. It consisted of a web that I could fill out with prospective life insurance prospects.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I found a better opportunity.

Sales

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2007.

Interview Details – They found my resume online and contacted me about an entry level sales position. I didn't think it would be a very good fit for me, but decided to check it out. There is a personality test you have to take online. After my 1 on 1 interview, I left with a good overall impression of the company. If I was interested in insurance sales, I think it would probably be a great place to work.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing in 5 years...they are definitely looking for career/lifelong employees   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in July 2010.

Interview Details – To long, I would have liked to know more about the place and job early on.

Interview Question – Why was I applying at Northwestern?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Didn’t like the pushy interviewer.

Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in June 2010.

Interview Details – Long Process but new the wanted to know exactly what they were getting in a new hire

Interview Question – What is your greatest assest?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2011.

Interview Details – First interview was over the phone, second interview in person with HR, after second interview they email you some links to a series of tests/ questionnaires. They will ask you to disclose all of your personal assets/liabilities.

The person from HR was nice, personable, and well informed about the different "levels" within the company. The second interview was scripted.

Pay is 100% commission

Interview Question – What sales experience do you have?   Answer Question

Sales

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2012.

Interview Details – Having a connection to the company, I was able to meet directly with the managing director of the branch I would have been at. It's very much a personality thing. If you can talk and get on well with people you'll be fine. Answer basic questions that an interview would involve, but primarily why NWM and why you'd be good at it.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2011.

Interview Details – Everyone was very nice, the recruiter i talked to at my career fair was the same woman that did my one on one interview. She asked basic behavioral questions and expected you to go in depth with them. ex: name one of your weaknesses.

Interview Question – name one of your weaknesses   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had to get all my clients myself and I wasn't comfortable doing it

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!