Northwestern Mutual Sales Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very relaxed 1:1 interview we walked through my resume and she asked why I was interested. She explained the training process to me and we hit it off.

Interview Questions

The position just wasn't for me

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Sales Interview

Interview

You will have to develop a list to cold call.

Wasnt what i wanted

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2012.

Interview

Took 3 weeks just to get the second interview. I then was notified that my income would consist of the sales I made to my immediate personal network. The third interview was scheduled for 2 weeks later, so I dropped out of the interview process as I'm not going to take three months to complete all five interviews for a job where the salary is dependent upon my own personal network.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about your family (ages, year in school, hobbies, etc).   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in August 2011.

Interview

Met with company at Job Fair, provided my resume and talked about possible positions related to finance. I was called in for an interview about a week later, but for a sales position, not a finance position. Interview consisted of fairly standard questions regarding strengths, weaknesses, desires, etc. I was also asked about my personal network and how many people I knew had life insurance.

Interview Questions

• How many people do you know personally with life insurance?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2012.

Interview

Having a connection to the company, I was able to meet directly with the managing director of the branch I would have been at. It's very much a personality thing. If you can talk and get on well with people you'll be fine. Answer basic questions that an interview would involve, but primarily why NWM and why you'd be good at it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

First interview was over the phone, second interview in person with HR, after second interview they email you some links to a series of tests/ questionnaires. They will ask you to disclose all of your personal assets/liabilities. The person from HR was nice, personable, and well informed about the different "levels" within the company. The second interview was scripted. Pay is 100% commission

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Greensboro, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

Long Process but new the wanted to know exactly what they were getting in a new hire

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

I received a cold call from a recruiter and was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was very invasive of my personal and family life although both interviewers were very nice. The culture in the building seemed to be varied. There were people in suits and ties, and people in jeans and t-shirts in the same office. I was asked to fill out some forms before the interview and ultimately declined to continue the process.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Everyone was very nice, the recruiter i talked to at my career fair was the same woman that did my one on one interview. She asked basic behavioral questions and expected you to go in depth with them. ex: name one of your weaknesses.

Interview Questions

I had to get all my clients myself and I wasn't comfortable doing it

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2010.

Interview

The company came to speak at my college, and we were asked to fill out a personality test and contact information if we were interested in the company. A few days later I was contacted and asked to come in for an interview. I went in a few days later, and the interview was great. Everyone was so friendly and the interview was not in a stressful environment. After speaking for awhile we both realized that the job wasn't a good fit for me, but they kept my resume and have kept me updated with other openings with the company ever since.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness.   1 Answer