Northwestern Mutual

2.0

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in June 2014.

Initial meeting followed by a lengthy online personality profile. This profile is heavily based on whether or not you have ever invested in financial services yourself, and how many people in the financial services industry you know. the second interview is to discuss your results and if you qualify you will meet with a higher up. you must be willing to gather 200-300 of your closest friends and family and be willing to sell the financial services.

Interview Questions
  • They kept it very casual, asking simple questions about your goals and ability to go into sales and work on commission.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2013.

The lady who interviewed me was very professional and seamed genuinely interested in my success. There are 3 rounds of interviews. They provide a lot of needed information during the first meeting. Everyone in the building i came in contact with was polite and happy.

Interview Questions

I wanted to find a job that was closer to my intended major.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and then was later contacted by email. There was a bit of an issue since I was turned down through the system I applied through, but was contacted by a recruiter. Nevertheless the issue was resolved and I was brought in for interviews, which I was told was the first of four or so rounds.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expect that they'd ask about what I knew about commissions based sales, but the question was more or less obviously   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2013.

Was contacted by a recruiter and the process took one week. After a short phone interview I was invited to have an in person interview the following week. The recruiter asked many behavioral questions and a lot of the every day interview questions. After the interview I was required to take an online assessment to see how I would do in sales.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were dissapointed in yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westport, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2013.

2 interviews, very basic questions. Was not hard to move on at all.

Poor place to work.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2013.

Pretty straight forward interview process. They really just try to get a good feel for how you're motivated and where your motivation comes from. They like to hire people that are well connected and have good connections in the community. The process starts with a phone interview process, then a in office interview and finally you have to put a presentation together on why you would be a good fit for the company.

It's all commission job

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2013.

I went to the career fair and talked to them and gave them my resume. They called me back and scheduled an interview. Now I am going to meet with them in their office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2011.

I spoke with a Northwestern Mutual representative at a career fair on campus. Emailed them a resume afterward and received an email scheduling an interview. The first interview was very easy, mostly informative. I was giving "homework" to fill out for the second interview (to take place the following week). Homework consisted of compiling referrals ie friends and family you can hawk life insurance to. Sales Reps only make commission, I didn't feel comfortable with the referral thing, and the position is a glorified knife salesman; I declined to go to the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe yourself competitively? (ie crazy driven etc)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2010.

30-45 min interview. I wasn't asked many interview questions that were too difficult or made me have to think. One that stood out would be: What would be your dream typical day at work? It almost seemed to easy to me. Don't get me wrong, NWM is a legitimate Fortune 500 company, but it seemed like they were almost desperate for Salespeople. They wanted me to form a market around my family and that was something I wasn't comfortable doing.

Interview Questions
    • What do you envision your typical workday to look like?   Answer Question

I did not want to start of my career selling insurance. Commission based salary to start off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2009.

Got called in for interview and prior to meeting 1:1 was asked to complete a couple of test including a personality test. Towards the end of the interview the interviewee told me I would probably not be hired because I did not have enough personal potential customers. This was after I told them that I had only been living in the area where the job was located for a year. It makes me wonder if they hire people based on how many of their own connections they can bring in

Interview Questions

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!