Northwestern University Research Technician II Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern University (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Very easy and casual interview with tour of the lab. I interviewed with the lab manager, then met the other members of the group. It was very laid back and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern University

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern University (Evanston, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of 2 Skype interviews within the period of a week. I interview with my direct supervisors and had no contact with HR during the interview phase. As such the questions were based on my experience in the field and my skillet. There were none of the typical HR styled hypothetical questions. It was a very straightforward interview process. It was about 2 weeks from the last interview to me receiving the offer. Work atmosphere is a good blend of private and public sector attitudes making it work with a good pace but with out the feeling of needless paper-pushing.

Interview Questions

• I noticed on your academic transcript that you struggled in __________ classes. Would you explain how you got these grades and how you would improve?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my wage as the initial offer was better than I expected.

Research Technician II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern University in April 2008.

Interview

Had an initial interview with PI who was screening multiple candidates, was then called back for a final interview where I was offered the job. I was asked questions about previous job skills that I had acquired that related to the job I was interviewing for. Nothing challenging or off the wall.