Norton Healthcare

Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.7

PCA and RN-BSN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Norton Healthcare.

While Norton is a really popular job choice for the region, it also makes it quite difficult to secure an interview (even with a great resume). There are just so many applicants that it can be difficult to get noticed. If you happen to know someone who can put in a good word with a manger to draw attention to your application, that is a huge plus. It's a big company so there are a lot of steps and hoops to get hired. I think the two keys are to A. know someone (maybe volunteer just to get your foot in the door) and to B. be vigilant about contacting HR once an application has been submitted. Obviously don't harass them, but if you don't hear something when you think you should (use good judgement) contact someone. They need to know you really want a job with Norton. That's just been my experience and the experience of others I have spoken to.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging interview question I got was regarding time management. This particular manager wanted a specific example of when I had needed more time, what I did to get/not get my responsibilities completed, and how it turned out. She asked the question and I had to recall something on the spot. It was really challenging because when does a PCA/nurse NOT have a time crunch and require some rearranging to get every thing done? That's like, a requirement of the job. So the request to recall one specific incident really threw me off.   Answer Question
    As a new PCA and new nurse, I didn't really try to negotiate terms such as pay. Norton seems to have a pretty standard starting rate for non-experienced employees. The good thing is their rates and benefits are very competitive within the region, so most new-grads are pretty excited about the starting rates and benefits. The only thing I negotiated a bit with was scheduling. Because it is such a large company, there are so many positions that it didn't seem too difficult to ask if I could have days or nights or other scheduling requests. The hardest thing to negotiate (so I've heard) is if you have specific requests related to not working weekends, although that does fluctuate depending on when school is/is not in session. Norton hires lots of students who like to work weekends during the school year. So you may consdier making such a request accordingly.

Receptionist/PCA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Norton Healthcare in July 2014.

After 2 years of putting in applications, I finally got a phone call to set up an interview. I set up my interview for the following week. Once there, it took 20 minutes for the recruiter to call me back. She opened the door rudely, and began to try to walk me back to her office in shoes that she clearly does not know how to walk in. Once there, she asked me the same generic questions they all ask. Then kept asking me if I had any questions for her, and seemed annoyed that I did not have that many. This was the worst interview I have ever had, and I do great at interviews. She made me feel very uncomfortable, and she was quite rude to me. I don't know if she was being so short because she had a lot of people to talk to and she was running behind, but she said she would pass my resume along and someone will email me to set up the second interview. That was almost a week ago and I am still waiting for that email.

Pca Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Norton Healthcare in July 2014.

First I got a email, then I called to set up the interview. A week later I went in for the interview. I met with the recruiter first then met with a panel group interview. They told me they would be calling me in a week or so. 2 weeks later I got a call offering me the position and I accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you pick Norton's?
      Tell me a time when you.....

Answer Question
    I didn't need to negotiate.

HVAC Mechanic Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Norton Healthcare.

Phone call from the recruiter = Interview with the recruiter = Interview with the Supervisor and the Director = Phone call offering me the job. I accepted the job, and was told when to report for orientation

Interview Questions
    • Have I ever been shocked by high voltage (277v or 480v)   View Answer
    Made an offer over the phone and I accepted .

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Norton Healthcare.

Initial communication directly from hiring manager for clinical research coordinators. Asked very thorough questions about clinical research and my previous duties.

Anm Interview

Great process once you make it through Human Resources.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Norton Healthcare.

I applied online for several jobs. After checking my email I came across an email that says" You have been selected for an interview with Norton healthcare". All the scheduling was done online via email. After you contact them by email you feel out your pre employment screening before the interview date. First interview was with a recruiter then interviewed at a later date with nurse manager and DON. Very positive experience and received the best treatment during all interviews. I saw staff all smiling and welcoming. Over 90 percent made eye contact and made some sort of conversation.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing was being selected for the first interview. The whole process is very organized and they help you every step.   Answer Question
    They don't really negotiate. It is based on experience and as a new nurse you don't really push the negotiations too far.

Pca Interview

I was lied to about the floor I would be working on & patient conditions. Was told I'd have 12-13 pts, ended up with 28!

Non negotiable

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Norton Healthcare in January 2014.

Generic questions about "Name a time when you..." Interview was fast paced however the interviewer seems too young for the position. Just went through the script with no detail into my background. The company does have a great benefit package for full-time help which is the main reason to apply if you like the Louisville area. Pay comes second.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions to get a detailed response. The same 5 HR has used for 10 years.   View Answer
    Straight pay with no credit for experience. I can only hope there are promotions available within the department.

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Norton Healthcare in August 2013.

online application, face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult client you had and how you addressed the issue.   Answer Question

I had another full time job offer vs PRN