Norwegian Cruise Line

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.7

Assistant Waiter Interview

Fairly simple and straight forward. After a presentation of what it's like to work for Norwegian, and what's expected of you, you sit down with a recruiter and they ask, "Why do you want to work for Norwegian Cruise Line and work on a ship?"

Interview Questions
    It is a fairly long process from the moment you accept to actually boarding the ship but they explain all of this to and the anticipated timeline to you.

Marketing Manager Interview

The interview process was great. I had applied for the position and a couple of weeks later received an email asking if I was still interested in an interview. The interview had some behavioral questions, and pointed SORE questions where you are to pose a situation, obstacle, action, and result.

Guest Relations Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line.

I applied online and received a phone call the next day. I was invited in for a two part (that turned into a four part) interview beginning with the HR representative I spoke with on the phone. That interview lasted about 30 minutes and was pretty much a standard interview. He began with information about the company and position, then proceeded to ask me questions about myself, employment history and education. Nothing out of the ordinary.

The second part of the interview was with two of the department supervisors. We went over some of the same information as the first interview, going a little more in depth about certain parts of the job and specific situations I've dealt with in my previous employment. This interview lasted about another 30-40 minutes.

I was then a little surprised to learn that I would also be interviewing with three experienced members of the department. I think this was to get these employees some experience interviewing candidates, maybe some leadership training, but it turned out to be the most challenging part of the interview. They asked some very specific questions on how I'd deal with difficult situations on the job and also asked me to name times in past experience where I've retained business from a dissatisfied customer. This part of the interview lasted around 20-30 minutes.

After that I was asked to read a sample complaint email from a customer and respond. This exercise was more to check my grammar and spelling, not the actions I actually put in the response to resolve the issue. This exercise wasn't timed.

In total the interview was around two hours. I was told I'd hear from the HR rep again whether or not I would be offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is your worst trait or something you need to work on?
      Tell me about a time you retained the business of a dissatisfied customer.

View Answer
    No negotiation.

Bartender Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line.

I looked online and they were having a open house so I went to it and interviewed. It was your basic interview. Everyone was so pleasant and kind to talk with. Ncl shows you a video depicting what you will be doing, living like etc. the interviews are same normal questions like why do you want t o work for us type things.

Hotel Utility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line in May 2014.

my aunt who is currently working for royal carribean told me about this ninterview and i am very interested to make this interview and i am ready for when ever you all will have a space for me on anyone of your ships i am currently working for ncl but i will go and work with you all at any time

Interview Questions
    my aunt told me to go and apply online because she is currentlly working with you all

Personal Cruise Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line.

Two Interview: One on the phone the other with a Manager

None

Personal Cruise Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line.

One interview with "HR" rep, (someone with no formal training for the position. One interview with two coaches to be chosen for the team of one of the two appartently.

Interview Questions
    • Alluding to the fact that someone who is not 21 could not handle the schedule.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation

Assistant Manager, Market Research Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line in January 2014.

I had two phone interviews with Norwegian Cruise Line -- both an hour in length. The interviews were very detailed and covered technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to relocate to Miami? The question was reiterated in different forms in the first and second interview.   Answer Question

Personal Cruise Consultant Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, in person interview with a sales coach. You get a chance to sit in and listen to a cruise consultant to better understand the position and the job

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just basic questions about sales and customer service   Answer Question

Personal Cruise Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line.

Phone interview then HR face to face along with a side jack with a consultant the second interview with a sales team leader.