Norwegian Cruise Line

Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Cruise Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line.

Two Interview: One on the phone the other with a Manager

None

Other Interview Reviews for Norwegian Cruise Line

Personal Cruise Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line.

One interview with "HR" rep, (someone with no formal training for the position. One interview with two coaches to be chosen for the team of one of the two appartently.

Interview Questions
    • Alluding to the fact that someone who is not 21 could not handle the schedule.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation

Personal Cruise Consultant Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, in person interview with a sales coach. You get a chance to sit in and listen to a cruise consultant to better understand the position and the job

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just basic questions about sales and customer service   Answer Question

Personal Cruise Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line.

Phone interview then HR face to face along with a side jack with a consultant the second interview with a sales team leader.

Personal Cruise Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line in January 2013.

Initial phone interview by the recruiter, followed by an in person interview by the recruiter, sidejacking with a personal cruise consultant, and an interview by one of the sales coaches. The interview itself is very easy. They are mostly just gaging your personality and how you handle conversation, so it's more of a tell me about yourself and why you want to work for Norwegian. Just be honest.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line in September 2012.

There was a phone interview by a recruiting agent. After phone interview, recruiting agent scheduled in-office interview at Corporate Office to meet with her directly and with one of the Sales Managers. Where your best suit (a nice suit...women must wear closed toe heels and nothing too revealing). Extremely professional atmosphere. They are very big on dress code. Also come prepared with resume.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important part of sales?   View Answer
    Salary is set...they will ask you how much you would like to make annually. The salary is set at $20k a year plus commission. They will tell you can make $150K a year with commission but thats not true.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line in October 2011.

Went to a local job fair and was grouped with about 15 other people in the first of several waves of applicants. I was the only man in the group and also the oldest person there. We watched a slide show presentation given by a presenter and then met one on one with managers who took us out of the room and sat us at small tables. The interview was about 15 minutes and the usual generic questions about How did you hear about us... why do you think you can do this job... etc. The pace was quick and my interviewer was distracted a few times by nearby events but overall the session was fine. Then it ended and I was shown to the door. Less than a week later I got a letter with the usual ... thank you for your time but we have selected other... etc. I had a chance to walk by the call center which was huge and spacious, clean and organized, better than many other employers I have seen here so kudos to them for a good operation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line in January 2009.

The hiring process for NCL is very simple. You have an initial interview by phone with the recruiter. Then you do a formal face to face interview with the same recruiter you spoke to on the phone. If the recruiter thinks you have potential then he or she will sit you next to a consultant and see exactly what the job is about. After that you do another interview with a manager and a coach. Its a very simple interview they ask you to describe you must memorable vacation. Be very colorful when describing it. They also ask you what the most important aspect of selling. The answer is QUALIFYING.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate anything

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line in December 2008.

on phone interiview with HR rep and then face to face interview with the coaches there. asked me the five step sale process, if i like sales, and what i like about cruising

Personal Cruise Consultant Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line in November 2009.

I knew someone who worked their they gave my resume to the hr lady. she called me a couple days later set me up a time for an interview took a test got a call back a couple days later and was accepted
    they let you sidejack next to someone who already works there to see what it's like and if it'll be a good fit. then a floor manager comes and asks you a few questions. it's a fairly simple process nothing hard about it you just have to have a good image.

Interview Questions
    there is no negotiation they tell you a set salary and the commission structure