Norwich University

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Norwich University

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, VT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Norwich University in August 2011.

Followed up on a posting on the Norwich University employment website. Note that part of the process involves having official transcripts sent by your alma maters to Norwich, in order to verify that you meet the minimum educational qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions. Other than asking about my work experience, I was questioned about my teaching experience, which was mostly as a teaching assistant in graduate school. I described it enthusiastically, which may have helped sell me.   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, VT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Norwich University in July 2011.

I got the call right away after submitting my resume to HR. I didn't have any admissions experience but was a Norwich Alumni (they hire a lot of alumni in the Admissions office, but they DO hire other applicants)

I had a pre-interview on the phone with HR. This was very easy. Then I was emailed a short list of questions about my willingness and comfort with traveling, making presentations, and a few other things (I can't remember). I wrote good paragraph-length answers and was very professional (I know someone who didn't take this very seriously and wasn't given an interview at all).

I drove up a few days later for an in person interview. There were three stages. First I met with the Director of Admissions. She basically explained the job and what it entailed. She asked me a few very easy questions.

Then I met with the VP, which was a little scary to be doing for the first time. She was very nice. She explained the company's philosophy and explained the business side of the school since I was a student previously and not an employee. She asked me a few simple questions about my experiences as an undergrad student, very easy and relaxed.

The last part of the interview was the most stressful. You have to give a short presentation on any topic of your choosing. It was very hot in the admissions office and I only had two days to prepare, so I did terribly. But they still hired me. I think they knew I was just nervous.

That was it, I think I heard back a day or two later. Not a hard interview or hiring process at all. I love the HR department here- you can call and talk to them, they are very approachable. As I am applying for other jobs now, I am fiding HR departments that are very inaccessible and I hate it. At Norwich they will give you the name of the hiring and department managers so that you can address your cover letters correctly, and they are happy to answer questions. This was my experience anyways. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable traveling? Making phone calls to students? Giving presentations?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in admissions? Why do you think you are a good fit? Why Norwich?   Answer Question
    No, you can't really negotiate salary. Unless you have a lot of experience in sales, then they may offer you a little more money, but everyone basically starts at the bottom of the latter (in admissions- not sure about other departments).

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Site (Ghana)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Site (Ghana)

I applied online – interviewed at Norwich University.

The interview is on campus, with a panel of 3. The questions are closely related to methods of teaching in class and methods on helping those who are slow or left behind.

Interview Questions
    • Average. All questions are direct and straightforward towards teaching and students management   Answer Question