Not Your Average Joes Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Not Your Average Joes

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Not Your Average Joes.

They don't take too many walk ins/ paper applications for jobs - they ask you to go online. The online application has a test that has personality, situation and math questions. Took about an hour to do, not too hard.
    Then depending on their need they email or call you into an interview within the week. You'll meet with an assistant GM - they will ask you back if you pass their standard interview questions. The 2nd meeting is typically with the GM who goes over company policies and if you accept you will likely start training the next day. They are like any other food service job if they need you this all happens very fast. If they are fully staffed it will happen, just on a slower time frame. They hire some real jokers so if you have half a head you can absolutely pass this interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Waiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Not Your Average Joes.

Long process with IQ test. Really just looking to see if you will put the time in. After you complete the test you go in for a 1 on 1 interview with one of the managers.

Food Server Interview

two interviews, answer from a questionnaire, talk about past restaurants I've worked at, past job experiences, my college degree, my vehicle, my base pay, etc., the geometry/IQ test you have to do online before you get the interview

Interview Questions
    • tell us about a difficult situation in life you had to overcome and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

questionnaire

Service Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Not Your Average Joes.

No formal interview process---very random

Interview Questions
    NONE - take it or leave it

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acton, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Not Your Average Joes in September 2012.

Interviewed twice, management just trying to get to know you. Extensive training about how they do things a certain way, you have to learn the menu and fill out an exam on it. It is a well run place so everyone has to share in the extra duties, cleaning, restocking, this fills up your shift a lot. The hiring process is very easy and other employees are great at helping you out and management encourages them to. You are never left to handle more than you can. Management is hands on and always available to help you out. Almost forgot: I filled out an online questionnaire. It was a kind of personality, values test. It was a little long. I must have past it, because they called me for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I had never waitressed before and they were very open to giving me a chance. Joe's way: What ever the customer asks, the answer is YES. Joe's always tried to make things easy for you, not difficult.   Answer Question
    No, minimum wage, plus tips. Tips were not that great.