Not Your Average Joes Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Not Your Average Joes

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Not Your Average Joes.

Interview

They don't take too many walk ins/ paper applications for jobs - they ask you to go online. The online application has a test that has personality, situation and math questions. Took about an hour to do, not too hard.
    Then depending on their need they email or call you into an interview within the week. You'll meet with an assistant GM - they will ask you back if you pass their standard interview questions. The 2nd meeting is typically with the GM who goes over company policies and if you accept you will likely start training the next day. They are like any other food service job if they need you this all happens very fast. If they are fully staffed it will happen, just on a slower time frame. They hire some real jokers so if you have half a head you can absolutely pass this interview process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Waiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Not Your Average Joes.

Interview

Long process with IQ test. Really just looking to see if you will put the time in. After you complete the test you go in for a 1 on 1 interview with one of the managers.

Food Server Interview

Interview

two interviews, answer from a questionnaire, talk about past restaurants I've worked at, past job experiences, my college degree, my vehicle, my base pay, etc., the geometry/IQ test you have to do online before you get the interview

Interview Questions

• tell us about a difficult situation in life you had to overcome and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Interview

questionnaire

Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Not Your Average Joes.

Interview

No formal interview process---very random

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE - take it or leave it

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Not Your Average Joes (Woodbridge, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very brief and easy. Went and introduced myself to a manager and he asked questions about me and was hired pretty much on the spot. It was more like a casual conversation instead of a proper interview, we met outside of the restaurant while they were putting the finishing touches on to opening it.

Interview Questions

• Asked about your history working in a restaurant and about your skills.   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Not Your Average Joes (Acton, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interviewed twice, management just trying to get to know you. Extensive training about how they do things a certain way, you have to learn the menu and fill out an exam on it. It is a well run place so everyone has to share in the extra duties, cleaning, restocking, this fills up your shift a lot. The hiring process is very easy and other employees are great at helping you out and management encourages them to. You are never left to handle more than you can. Management is hands on and always available to help you out. Almost forgot: I filled out an online questionnaire. It was a kind of personality, values test. It was a little long. I must have past it, because they called me for an interview.

Interview Questions

• I had never waitressed before and they were very open to giving me a chance. Joe's way: What ever the customer asks, the answer is YES. Joe's always tried to make things easy for you, not difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, minimum wage, plus tips. Tips were not that great.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acton, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Not Your Average Joes (Acton, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

I got set up for an interview without actually speaking to anyone in the company. The chef who interviewed me was a friend of a friend and didn't even know my name before he had me come in. He kept it short and sweet asking me if I had a car, had open availability, and can I start tomorrow. That along with telling me what time to show up the next day was the entirety of my interview experience.
    P.S. he forgot to tell me until the next day he had hired me for a location a half hour north of where I interviewed...