Notre Dame

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.7

Communications Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Notre Dame.

Applied online. Was contacted within 3 weeks by HR to do a phone interview. Then 3 weeks after that did a phone interview with my boss then three weeks after that was flown to South Bend to interview with 4 people across the division.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't that difficult it was more the marathon of interviews for a whole day.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Waddicks Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Notre Dame.

Applied via email to manager. I was emailed back within a few days with schedule options, pay, and some of the responsibilities. I had to sign some papers before I started working but overall the process was very simple and I was able to start working soon.

No negotiation.

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Notre Dame.

I applied online, and received an e-mail inviting me for an initial phone interview 3 days later. The phone interview was delayed, due to the interviewer forgetting to call me (I e-mailed them, after waiting for 45 minutes). After that, I did another phone interview with the same person as the initial interview, plus two others. Once I passed that interview, I was given a writing assignment which had to be completed in 24 hours. Once I passed that phase, I did a Skype interview with two of the people from the second interview (and no additional people).

Most of the questions asked during each interview were the same, and often more than once per interview. The people conducting the interviews were not from HR, but rather the people I would be working for. While they were very nice, the whole process seemed very redundant.

The total time from application to decision was approximately 2.5 weeks.

Associate Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Notre Dame in July 2014.

I had two phone interviews (an initial screening with HR then a call with the hiring manager), then an all-day in person interview. The in-person interview had different pairs or trios of people meeting with me for most of the day. It was draining, but everyone was friendly and the questions weren't difficult. Most of the people were fairly casual with the exception of the HR person who asked lots of standard interview type questions (what are your weaknesses, what would your current manager say about you, etc). Make sure to dress formal! This is not your average, casual university.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too out of the blue, they did ask some situation questions though (i.e. what would you do in this challenging situation, tell us about a difficult co-worker you've dealt with, etc.)   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate an 8% increase over the initial offer, was still slightly lower than I wanted though

Language Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Notre Dame.

You must be referred by a professor of the language you hope to tutor in. After that, the professor had me go through a student paper with her as if she were a student being tutored. She made me point out the mistakes, correct pronunciation and grammar. I'm sure she assessed interviewees on friendliness, and ability to provide positive criticism.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Notre Dame.

Interview process was a bit stressful, knowing the history of the department you work in is helpful.

Interview Questions
    • What is your least favorite aspect of the department you are applying for?   View Answer
    Negotiation was fairly simple. I was hiring for an entry level position.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

send the application in December, and then receives the offer in Feb. No interview, unless you contact a faculty member.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Notre Dame.

Saw ~10 professors in the same day. A bit of stressful, but some professors were really friendly.

Very smooth.

Research Assistant Interview

1. E-mail professors in your department, try to schedule a meeting to discuss research opportunities, sending your resume.
    2. Meet with professors and learn about the opportunities they have available. Once they have agreed to meet with you it is pretty much a done deal, just don't go full retard.
    3. Choose the one you like the best and start researching!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected question, just be a normal person that you would be able to stand working with.   Answer Question
    It was minimum wage, no negotiation.

Assistant Librarian Interview

email application, skype interview, no onsite