Notre Dame

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Manager Interview

Associate Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Notre Dame in July 2014.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews (an initial screening with HR then a call with the hiring manager), then an all-day in person interview. The in-person interview had different pairs or trios of people meeting with me for most of the day. It was draining, but everyone was friendly and the questions weren't difficult. Most of the people were fairly casual with the exception of the HR person who asked lots of standard interview type questions (what are your weaknesses, what would your current manager say about you, etc). Make sure to dress formal! This is not your average, casual university.

Interview Question – Nothing was too out of the blue, they did ask some situation questions though (i.e. what would you do in this challenging situation, tell us about a difficult co-worker you've dealt with, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate an 8% increase over the initial offer, was still slightly lower than I wanted though

Summer Hall Manager Interview

Summer Hall Manager
Notre Dame, IN

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Notre Dame in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interviews are done in a group setting. Basically the managers are looking for any red flags among the applicants. Management will facilitate a series of activities where you must work with your team in order to come up with responses. If you participate well and get along with the other applicants then you'll be fine.

Interview Question – Questions were addressed to your team, so there wasn't really a situation where everyone was simultaneously stumped.   Answer Question

Language Tutor Interview

Language Tutor
Notre Dame, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Notre Dame.

Interview Details – You must be referred by a professor of the language you hope to tutor in. After that, the professor had me go through a student paper with her as if she were a student being tutored. She made me point out the mistakes, correct pronunciation and grammar. I'm sure she assessed interviewees on friendliness, and ability to provide positive criticism.

Interview Question – Some tricky grammar.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Notre Dame.

Interview Details – Interview process was a bit stressful, knowing the history of the department you work in is helpful.

Interview Question – What is your least favorite aspect of the department you are applying for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was fairly simple. I was hiring for an entry level position.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

Interviewed at Notre Dame

Interview Details – send the application in December, and then receives the offer in Feb. No interview, unless you contact a faculty member.

Interview Question – not really   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
South Bend, IN

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Notre Dame.

Interview Details – Saw ~10 professors in the same day. A bit of stressful, but some professors were really friendly.

Interview Question – What is a "contour problem"?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very smooth.

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student
South Bend, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Notre Dame in March 2009.

Interview Details – I have sent the application packet and my prof contacted me on phone

Interview Question – no surprises   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at Notre Dame

Interview Details – 1. E-mail professors in your department, try to schedule a meeting to discuss research opportunities, sending your resume.
2. Meet with professors and learn about the opportunities they have available. Once they have agreed to meet with you it is pretty much a done deal, just don't go full retard.
3. Choose the one you like the best and start researching!

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected question, just be a normal person that you would be able to stand working with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was minimum wage, no negotiation.

Assistant Librarian Interview

Assistant Librarian

Interview Details – email application, skype interview, no onsite

Interview Question – why here   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Notre Dame in January 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screening interview followed by a multi-person phone interview. Next was an in person interview with a group of 8 people where I was asked a lot of technical questions. The questions were a combination of do I know what I'm talking about and am I claiming I know things that I don't. After that it was a lunch meeting with the whole staff and a few other meeting with VIP's for the department. These last meeting were basically to make sure I wasa good cultural fit.

Interview Question – What are you passionate about?   Answer Question

Worked for Notre Dame? Contribute to the Community!