Nova Biomedical Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.8

Senior Manager, International Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nova Biomedical in July 2015.

Interview

Never made it past the phone screen. They want the candidate to relocate to the greater Boston area. Relo package is substandard, a few $$ for moving expenses, maybe minimal housing assistance. And the comp for the role was below industry standards. Now think, a role where the person will be traveling globally 50-65% of the time, they want to move to Boston?? Company lacks progressive business practices, stuck in "old school - you need to be here to make an impact" thinking. Given technology - cell phone, email, text, Skype, video conferencing, cloud data sharing, etc... this role works if the person is only on-site 10-20 days a year. It's INTERNATIONAL SALES for crying out loud......

Interview Questions

• Will you relocate to the greater Boston area - and pay your own way?   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I interviewed at Nova Biomedical in November 2014.

Interview

Met with three different people. 30 min with one, 1 hour with one, and 30 min with last. Other than the person I spoke with for an hour it was just friendly chatting without many questions about my past or prior work experience. Interviewer #2 was more serious and asked all the standard questions. Greatest Strength, greatest weakness, what's difficult for you, why are interested in this position, etc She really studied my resume and looked for specific points on it to ask me about.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? - I tend not to brag about anything so I felt weird trying to sell my self.   Answer Question

Glucose Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nova Biomedical.

Interview

Odd and awkward interview. 1:1 in hotel lobby that I traveled far to and paid $12 parking for less than 15 min. I arrived 15 min early. Interviewer was standing in lobby looking at watch as interviewer noticed me. Continued being rude and pompous from that point on. Talked about himself and recited memorized company info and stats, then proceeded to explain in detail what my paychecks will look like in terms of hourly pay, how I will be trained for position, what computer programs I will be using to get paid, for travel reimbursement and for scheduling, how long my background check will take, etc. Whole process was about 13 min. I would have appreciated having my interview cancelled before this point as it was very clear I was not going to be considered for position from the moment we met. Interviewer had no interest in anything I said and appeared to prefer me to stay quiet.

Interview Questions

• Being judged by an interviewer that didn't attempt to learn more about me. No questions were asked.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant US Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nova Biomedical (Waltham, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Met with the direct supervisor for 1 hour the first day. I was made an offer later that day. I accepted and came to a second meeting to determine salary, hours, etc. That was pretty straight forward however, they were not willing to start me at the salary I had been getting previously at a smaller company.

Interview Questions

• Extensive details about my past experience, especially working by self-direction and with little supervision.   1 Answer

Finance Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nova Biomedical.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by two rounds of interviews. They guage fit as well as skill/intelects.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals and where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question