Nova Measuring

Updated Oct 23, 2014

4.0

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nova Measuring in March 2011.

Contacted their recruiter with my resume and a description of my experiences and followed up with a phone call. He provided much helpful information in this first call, then set up the interview for me. Then the time came, I arrived at their small office in the back of a high-tech office complex near the Great America theme park; the interview involved meeting three of the key staff, answering questions from them about my background in logistics, and myself asking questions about what was expected, what they look for in a candidate, some details about how they operate, etc. I got excellent feedback from everyone before and after the interview; I was there 2 1/2 hours! The final round was a video interview with their HQ in Rehovot; their questions were tough as nails, but all spot-on. The recruiter called me to let me know I'd be receiving an offer the same day as the video conference.

It's worth noting that the benefits package is absolutely outstanding. They certainly seem to expect a lot of their employees, but they compensate them for their sacrifices, too. That's why I chose this offer as my favorite out of the three that I received.

Interview Questions
    • If I asked you to fly to Israel next week, what would you say?   View Answer

OEM Test and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Nova Measuring in June 2010.

There were 4 interviews spanning over 4 and a half hours. They ranged from personality interviews where we spoke of what I wanted to be when I grew up and so on, to highly technical theory based questions revolving their business. The interviews ran from 10:00 to after 14:00 so I was extremely hungry by the end of the interview process. I interviewed (in order) with the H.R. Manager, the Account Director, the company president, and finally the account manager.

Interview Questions
    • While this question does not fall into the category it was I believe, the defining question of my interview with the president. "Why do you want to work for me"?   View Answer
    • Are you very knowledgeable about networking?   View Answer
    Due to their confidence in me I was able to negotiate my starting salary up to nearly the very top of the pay range for the position. Simply put, they offered me more than I had asked for due to my interview.

Algorithms Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nova Measuring.

A friend passed my CV along and I was contacted by the HR person to schedule the interview. There were three technical 1:1 interviews and an HR interview. The technical interviews were more about mathematical and technical knowledge (linear algebra, machine learning). The HR interview was mostly about personal qualities. Overall, the process was very fast, although it is a big company and the people I met were all nice.

Interview Questions
    • What is the fastest way to implement moving median smoothing filter   Answer Question

Applications Specialist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Nova Measuring.

The employer would like you to introduce your academic background to prove that you are suitable for this position. They will also ask you some professional questions to verify your familiarity with the semiconductor process. Definitely, your character and interpersonal skills will be inspected and evaluated during the conversation because this position requires a lot of communication with the customers in the future.