Nova Medical Centers (Texas)

www.n-o-v-a.com
  www.n-o-v-a.com

Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2014
Updated Aug 6, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) in March 2014.

Had a phone interview followed by a Skype Interview. Was told the interview went well and then turned down even though I had lined up a current client to use Nova. With more than 8 years B2B Sales experience that included healthcare sales and sales to self insured companies(the latter is their market) you would think they would want my connections and experience. After looking at the ages of the recruiters and the National VP of Sales, you could tell they wanted younger people. The purpose of the Skype in my opinion based on many years of business experience, was to weed out the older candidates. Been around the block a few times and I know when age is the issue

Interview Questions
    • None. I asked the tough questions and the young recruiters did not have the knowledge to answer them.   Answer Question

Nova Medical Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) in February 2014.

Recruiter reached out to me. I had two skype interviews, both were 30 mins late. The First one was with the recruiter to see if my skype connection is good-The second interview was with a guy with a T-shirt on and the interview was 10 mins long. He told me that they expect a lot of movement in a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

If the company is like the interview process- then I don't want to work for the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) in December 2013.

This was the most unprofessional interview I have ever experience. The recruiter contacted me and scheduled an interview with the hiring manager for the next day at 1:00 pm.(via Skype) I waited for the call until 1:30, I called the recruiter, he was not available, then I called back to speak with the hiring manager and was told he was in a meeting until 3: 00 pm.

Interview Questions
    • Do to the lack of respect of the interview, I asked what was the turn over rate within the company   View Answers (2)

Sales - Industrial Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) in October 2013.

Interview's are ALL done via Skype in 2, sometimes 3 parts usually all on the same day(Skype requires a web-cam and microphone for people that don't know much about computers. It's a free download and you can pick a mic up at any dollar store or Wally-World for under 5.00 if you don't like the one in your computer/laptop/tablet or smartphone ) .
     First you have a brief "prep" interview with a recruiter and they set up your 1st "real" interview with the recruiting or HR manager, I can't remember which, and it doesn't matter since this is simply a "formality" in the hiring process of course visually see what you look like and if you dressed nice for the boss interview later on, and also to weed out the computer illiterate folks and/or the mentally incompetent that can't for some reason speak, smile, and answer questions halfway decent. If you don't like daily extensive data input, reports of what you did each day, logging any and all conversations, calls, stop in's, etc etc into they system each day before you leave...this is not for you - I know the salary looks nice...BUT RUN....really if you aren't good on a computer you don't have a prayer of being successful at Nova (if even then)....Anyway....
    If things go well there you will be scheduled for another Skype interview with one of two people who are in charge of the entire sales department company wide and are ultimately the two people that hire and fire ALL salespeople. They key things here that either of them will be eagerly waiting to see and hear is if you are upbeat, positive, and can speak intelligently and with the proper inflection when asked direct questions...remember SMILE and speak clearly....and ladies please fix your hair and makeup as if you going out to the club...guys, SHAVE (you can see a 5:00 shadow on webcam...wear a tie too, no hats obviously!! LASTLY BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY - YOU WILL NOT.....NOT....get an offer if you do not specifically do this step......... Its a sales job so you will be ASKING for the business of clients many times a day, therefore THE SALES MANAGER WILL BE WAITING TO HEAR YOU ASK HIM/HER FOR THE JOB......do it after they ask all the questions they have (all easy) and it doesn't have to be anything dramatic...just a simple "Okay so when do I start", or "What time do I need to be there Monday morning" anything similar to that is what they are wanting to hear.
    After the interview is complete you will get a response from the original recruiter that "prepped" you....they will either extend you and offer or they wont (hint: when they give the first offer it will probably be between 45-55k but you want AT LEAST A 50k base plus gas/milage, bonus, and commission...therefore you need to COUNTER 10k more than the offer...at least (I did 18k more and got 5 if that gives you an idea...you probably already know all of this)
    That's it, you physically meet no one until you actually start work....Cheers!

Interview Questions
    • What was the big number on your last year's W-2 or 1099 - not a normal interview question but is asked to they can offer you a salary that "matches" what you are accustomed to...this is a double edged sword so be careful what you say. What I mean is my earning the year before this job were literally about a third of what I am used to.....they don't need to know that, so do what you gotta do and keep in mind they will NOT ask for documentation.....at least I never heard of them doing so?!?   Answer Question
    explained above in detail

Industrial Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) in September 2013.

Total joke. I never even interviewed with my direct report. Skype interviews with people at corporate that are burned out from non-stop interviewing due to high turnover. They even missed a scheduled interview, which caused me to be placed in a different location than what I initially applied for.

Interview Questions
    • Not one. Interview was a joke. Typical questions from google interview search.   View Answer
    I asked for more and got it the same afternoon.

Sales - Industrial Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas).

The process was quick. Not a lot to it. Three skype interviews with the big wigs of the company. They're looking for directness, so make sure you are direct with the answers and questions during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • It's a sales job so you're basically selling yourself. When they ask if you have any questions, they want you to 'close the deal' so ask for the job.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) in March 2013.

This company does people very dirty! I've been in sales 10 years, with presidents club, sales awards and a reference with every company I have worked for. They want you to think its a hard to get a job there, its not. They invest nothing to hire you, a Skype interview is it, no drug test, no background check, they don't even let you go there and meet with current employees. They lure you in with a big salary....Because anyone in there right mind would not put up with the way they treat people. Their hesitation in hiring me was because I graduated from a Christian college. That is because they are the most unethical company you can imagine. I was hired, day two someone in the clinic warned me that treat people badly and that will use your leads and fire you. I didn't believe him, I told my recruiter Jason Willis who will do whatever it takes to get you to take this job...even lie. The Vp of sales Bruce told me this conduct would never happen. A week later after 15 appointments and two closed sales that Friday of week three on the job the manager comes in my offices and tells me I am terminated. I ask why? He says he does not hire or fire to call HR. HR says that they said I didn't meet expectations but refuse to tell me why. I am currently filing a discrimination case against this company.

Asked for 65k they gave me 60K

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) in February 2013.

Interview process and information received from the Recruiter and the VP Sales was accurate and to the point.

Interview Questions
    • Don't forget to ask for the job. You need to show that this is the job for you.   Answer Question
    Good process. Was able to get what I was looking for.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) in March 2012.

Thorough interview done over Skype. Questions drilled down to determine if you are a fit. Looking for high energy go getters. Experience is good but not necessarily an advantage. If you aren't serious about the job you will not get far. You have to show that you can do it and that you want the opportunity. Its a select few that get a job offer.

Sales - Industrial Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) in February 2012.

I was told very accurately what to expect. I was able to attend a working interview which solidified my view of what will be expected of me.

Interview Questions
    • Do you realize that this is a new field for you and that you initially will have to work hard to learn this new sector of sales?   Answer Question
    The base pay is solely dependent on your experience as a sales person.
    Everyone will be paid the same bonuses.