Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.5

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas).

Interview

Initially, I did a phone interview with HR. They were quite helpful and at the end of the interview we had scheduled to do an interview with the market director for the area. The second interview reiterated what was discussed in the first interview, but also went into more details as to my personal goals and personality traits. At the end of the second interview I was told that they wanted an in person interview. HR then contacted me and we set up the appointment and details for the did face-to-face interview. The process was quite fast, and honestly, it was only because I was also applying to other places that the process took longer (otherwise they'd probably have gone through the whole interview process much faster.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiating for a higher pay was unsuccessful, but they did pre-approve dates I wanted off as part of the contract.

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview conducted onsite. I walked into the clinic and was greeted by the hiring manager who conducted the interview and then showed me around the clinic. The entire process was smooth and I felt that the hiring manager was clear and concise in explaining how the center runs and what would be expected of me in the job on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• If I had prior knowledge about what Nova Medical Centers does.   Answer Question

Sales - Industrial Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas).

Interview

Call from recruiter, interview with recruiter, interview with Director of Recruiting, Fly out to another established market for ride-a-long, interview with VP Sales or COO, Hired, Fly out to Texas for training

Patient Transportation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) (Austin, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

First apply, then receive an email to fill out another application. Then get a phone call interview. Once chosen you are asked to come to clinic for one on one interview which is laid back, conversational. Once chosen from there you must take drug test/physical. If chosen to start must get CPR certified purchase your own scrubs at your own expense.

Staff Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

2-3 phone interviews. 1 in person interview at one of their clinics with Market director and supervising therapist. While at this interview you are given a tour, asked about your experience and your thoughts on their treatment style and accommodations. Following you are taken through a series of clinical skills tests. By far one of the more thorough interviews I've had for a PT placement.

Interview Questions

• Clinical reasoning on 4 cases with exercises, manual techniques and progressions with demonstration.   1 Answer

Industrial Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) (Augusta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, the flakiest recruiters ever! Most done on Skype, brought me to Atlanta to go into the field and I had to watch this girl make 60+ phone calls... Literally stared at her for about 3 hours while she got hung up on, repeatedly. They told me I am on "offer hold".

Interview Questions

• a lot of behavioral questions, they try to scare you and trick you-- also, "Where do you see yourself in five years"   Answer Question

Nova Medical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) (Marietta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview followed by a Skype Interview. Was told the interview went well and then turned down even though I had lined up a current client to use Nova. With more than 8 years B2B Sales experience that included healthcare sales and sales to self insured companies(the latter is their market) you would think they would want my connections and experience. After looking at the ages of the recruiters and the National VP of Sales, you could tell they wanted younger people. The purpose of the Skype in my opinion based on many years of business experience, was to weed out the older candidates. Been around the block a few times and I know when age is the issue

Interview Questions

• None. I asked the tough questions and the young recruiters did not have the knowledge to answer them.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) in February 2014.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me. I had two skype interviews, both were 30 mins late. The First one was with the recruiter to see if my skype connection is good-The second interview was with a guy with a T-shirt on and the interview was 10 mins long. He told me that they expect a lot of movement in a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

If the company is like the interview process- then I don't want to work for the company

Nova Medical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional interview I have ever experience. The recruiter contacted me and scheduled an interview with the hiring manager for the next day at 1:00 pm.(via Skype) I waited for the call until 1:30, I called the recruiter, he was not available, then I called back to speak with the hiring manager and was told he was in a meeting until 3: 00 pm.

Interview Questions

• Do to the lack of respect of the interview, I asked what was the turn over rate within the company   2 Answers

Sales - Industrial Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview's are ALL done via Skype in 2, sometimes 3 parts usually all on the same day(Skype requires a web-cam and microphone for people that don't know much about computers. It's a free download and you can pick a mic up at any dollar store or Wally-World for under 5.00 if you don't like the one in your computer/laptop/tablet or smartphone ) . First you have a brief "prep" interview with a recruiter and they set up your 1st "real" interview with the recruiting or HR manager, I can't remember which, and it doesn't matter since this is simply a "formality" in the hiring process of course visually see what you look like and if you dressed nice for the boss interview later on, and also to weed out the computer illiterate folks and/or the mentally incompetent that can't for some reason speak, smile, and answer questions halfway decent. If you don't like daily extensive data input, reports of what you did each day, logging any and all conversations, calls, stop in's, etc etc into they system each day before you leave...this is not for you - I know the salary looks nice...BUT RUN....really if you aren't good on a computer you don't have a prayer of being successful at Nova (if even then)....Anyway.... If things go well there you will be scheduled for another Skype interview with one of two people who are in charge of the entire sales department company wide and are ultimately the two people that hire and fire ALL salespeople. They key things here that either of them will be eagerly waiting to see and hear is if you are upbeat, positive, and can speak intelligently and with the proper inflection when asked direct questions...remember SMILE and speak clearly....and ladies please fix your hair and makeup as if you going out to the club...guys, SHAVE (you can see a 5:00 shadow on webcam...wear a tie too, no hats obviously!! LASTLY BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY - YOU WILL NOT.....NOT....get an offer if you do not specifically do this step......... Its a sales job so you will be ASKING for the business of clients many times a day, therefore THE SALES MANAGER WILL BE WAITING TO HEAR YOU ASK HIM/HER FOR THE JOB......do it after they ask all the questions they have (all easy) and it doesn't have to be anything dramatic...just a simple "Okay so when do I start", or "What time do I need to be there Monday morning" anything similar to that is what they are wanting to hear. After the interview is complete you will get a response from the original recruiter that "prepped" you....they will either extend you and offer or they wont (hint: when they give the first offer it will probably be between 45-55k but you want AT LEAST A 50k base plus gas/milage, bonus, and commission...therefore you need to COUNTER 10k more than the offer...at least (I did 18k more and got 5 if that gives you an idea...you probably already know all of this) That's it, you physically meet no one until you actually start work....Cheers!

Interview Questions

• What was the big number on your last year's W-2 or 1099 - not a normal interview question but is asked to they can offer you a salary that "matches" what you are accustomed to...this is a double edged sword so be careful what you say. What I mean is my earning the year before this job were literally about a third of what I am used to.....they don't need to know that, so do what you gotta do and keep in mind they will NOT ask for documentation.....at least I never heard of them doing so?!?   Answer Question

Negotiation

explained above in detail