Novant Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Patient Services Coordinator III Interview

Patient Services Coordinator III
Huntersville, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novant Health in June 2014.

Interview Details – I've actually interviewed with this company 5 times, and the interviews are not too bad. Usually you meet with the Manager first, and then peer interview to follow with 2-4 peers. Just frustrated and sad that I can't get an offer after 5 interviews and 132 applications submitted. I've been told I interview well and I'm qualified for the positions I apply for down to a tee. Feels like a waste of time, sometimes.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a co-worker that is not easy to get along with?   View Answer

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Patient Access Specialist
Haymarket, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novant Health in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a phone call from the hiring manager within one week. Had 2 telephone interviews and asked me to come in for face to face interview. I could not do the face to face interview on the managers chosen day, she promised to call back with alternate dates. She left one message and never returned any of my calls.

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficult people.   Answer Question

Phlebotomist/Processor Interview

Phlebotomist/Processor
Huntersville, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Novant Health in March 2013.

Interview Details – Manager is fair and equitable. He always brings peers in to get their input and also expects demonstration of skills.

Interview Question – Where do you expect do be in three years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted with dickering but I am sure the manager would have open to more discussion.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Secretary/NA I Interview

Secretary/NA I
Salisbury, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novant Health in March 2014.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a Secretary/NA I position in Critical Care, but during my interview was asked if I would rather interview for a position in Behavioral Health. They scheduled an interview the next day where I met with the Clinical Nurse Lead for the unit.

The interview consisted of questions that were mainly testing my crisis management skills, ability to work through issues that may arise in the work place, and why I wanted to work with the company.

Interview Question – What skills have you gained from you experience?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Novant Health.

Interview Details – Two months after I applied for a position, I was called by a recruiter to do an initial phone interview. The recruiter forgot our appointment, I had to call her after waiting 15 minutes after our scheduled time. During the phone interview it was obvious the recruiter was doing something else besides engaging in a conversation. An good example, I stated I supervised 21 people, she interrupted and asked me if I had supervisory experience. Obviously someone was not listening at all!

Two weeks later I got an email about scheduling a second interview in person. I responded to the recruiter’s email about my availability. It has been two weeks since I have heard back from the recruiter and a week past when the interviews were supposed to be held. If the company chose not invite me to a second interview, that is fine, but have some courtesy and let a candidate know instead of leaving them dangling.

Interview Question – The most difficult issue I had with the interview was the person conducting the interview. I was less than impressed with her ability to communicate effectively, not to mention her lack of professionalism.   Answer Question

Nurse Navigator Interview

Nurse Navigator

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Novant Health.

Interview Details – Once your application had been screened by recruiters in Human Resources it is forwarded to the hiring manager who then contracts you for an interview. Your offer for employment comes from the HR Department and they also conduct salary negotiations.

Interview Question – I began my tenure with the organization in an entry-level, non-clinical role. During my interview fir the Nursing position I currently hold, I was asked, " What did you learn on that first job that you can apply to this role?" I thought that was an excellent question.   Answer Question

Patient Registration Supervisor Interview

Patient Registration Supervisor
Manassas, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novant Health in August 2009.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews. In person interview with 5 interviewers (2 of which would have worked for me). Panel interview lasted closed to 90 minutes

After the panel interview I was instructed to go to a different building to take a couple of tests. (behavioral, trustworthiness etc.) That was another 2 hours of time.

I received a call the next day and was asked if I could return. When I asked about a time frame, the interviewer asked why I would care how long it took. I explained that the 5 hour interview the day before left me wondering what else could possibly be required. Needless to say, we parted ways at that point.

Interview Question – I was asked about my desired salary while in the interview with 2 subordinates. I recall saying, "I am happy to discuss a salary commensurate with my experience should an offer be intended," The panel insisted on a salary and I was really thrown off-guard by that when considering 2 of my staff would know my salary   Answer Question

Pct Interview

Pct
Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Novant Health in September 2013.

Interview Details – Long process took over 5 months to be contacted for interview after application was recieved

Very Easy Interview

CNAI Interview

CNAI

I applied online - interviewed at Novant Health in October 2013.

Interview Details – After applying a million times I finally got a call to do an interview. I went in and the only questions I was asked were why did I want to work at novant and what did I do at my last job. We never even went into much detail with either, the nurse basically started a conversation with me about how they were revamping the hospital and how she was trying to get her staff on board and how she had to fire some folks to make way for ones with better attitudes. Then we went on a tour. She let me know her expectations for her staff and i thought she was the kind of person i would like. Im glad she didnt ask me too many questions anyway, i can always do without the stress. After that I had to go to hr and do a background check. Once it was completed I got the offer. Im assuming that by as many applications I have sent there in my whole life, which I would estimate upwards 1000, the fact that I only got one call means they probably already knew they wanted to hire me. I didnt know anyone in novant so ive never been able to get a hookup in getting on even though I have been a cna for 11 years and a steady employment history and pretty good resume. I think someone had mercy on me and actually looked at my application for what it was without being told to by someone internally. Thank goodness, finally. I have heard this practice happens in most hospitals. You have to know someone to get on!

Interview Question – why do you want to work at novant   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did try to negotiate but they were firm. I think the offer was actually pretty fair anything more would had to be because the person in hr knew me.

Operational Improvement Advisor Interview

Operational Improvement Advisor
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Novant Health.

Interview Details – Interview process was good. HR processes were poor, they did not understand that people from outside healthcare had different benefits. PTO was poorly explained (I had no idea that holidays were not paid, but covered under PTO, relocation package was laughable, and I was not treated as a professional in the offer process.

Negotiation Details – Nonexistant. Take it or leave it. Many things were not explained well.

Worked for Novant Health? Contribute to the Community!