Novantas

Updated Oct 28, 2014

3.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novantas in October 2011.

I applied through on campus recruiting and received an on campus interview. The on campus interview consisted on two 30min interviews each of which was purely case and logic problems. The first interviewer gave me about 3 quick math/logic problems and the second interviewer gave me 1-2 short questions and one slightly longer case. In the next day or two I heard back that I had received a final round interview for the following Friday. This interview was at their office in NY City and consisted of a behavioral interview, small case/behavioral interview, and short analytic test. We also had lunch with the current associates and one of the principals gave an presentation on the company. Even though I had been told that the on-site interview was the final round, I was contacted about two weeks later for a phone interview at which point I was told that I should hear back about a decision in about a week. However, I didn't hear from them until about 3 weeks had passed and it was just to tell me that they give offers on a rolling bases and would have more information for me by December 1st ( which was 2 months after my on-site interview). I already had another offer that I liked better so I just told them I had accepted an offer elsewhere. Overall, I think it was very rude that they kept brushing me off and extending when they would make a decision by.

Interview Questions
  • All of the questions were basic probability or other math/logic questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Novantas

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Novantas in October 2010.

math test and question on pricing ipods

Interview Questions
    • pick something random from your resume and talk about it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Novantas in October 2010.

On-campus interview followed by final rounds in the office for a half day. On-campus interview comprised of two 30-minute interviews, both with brainteasers and a case. More of the same in the final round, except I didn't get any brainteasers, just cases and fit-type questions. There were two interviews in the final round, both with partners of the firm, and a 50-minute quantitative test with SAT-type math and some more difficult probability problems.

Interview Questions
    • The rope question. Two ropes burn in an hour, at random, variable rates. Try to measure out 45 minutes with only those two ropes and a match.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novantas in October 2010.

On-campus interview involving brainteasers and resume review. Passed, went on for final rounds in the corporate office. Had a one-hour quantitative test (not too difficult) and two one-hour case interviews - one with a Principal and another with one of the founding partners. The founding partner called back in a week and said they wanted me to work with them.

Interview Questions
    • a brainteaser involving two strings and fire - can't remember the specifics but i know i got it wrong in the first round   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Novantas in October 2009.

Two rounds of interviews: first on campus, second at office. The first round consists of two 30-minute interviews - each with an employee that has been with the firm <2 years. Typically these individuals will have graduated from your same university. The entire hour is spent answering brain-teaser style questions. Certain questions were pulled directly from consulting interview books, however most were questions that I had never seen or heard before. There is little to no behavioral questioning.
    The second round at the Novantas office was again two interviews - this time each 45 minutes and will a partner. Again, the focal point of the interview is brain-teaser questions. Each partner asked one or maybe two questions related to my past experiences and how I would fit in at Novantas, but nevertheless the brain-teasers are what will make or break your interview.

Interview Questions
    • You have 15 horses that run various speeds. You own a race track on which you can race the horses, and this track holds a maximum of 5 horses per race. If you have no stopwatch or other means of telling exactly how fast the horses are, how many races would you need to run between the horses to be ABSOLUTELY SURE which horses are first, second, and third fastest?   View Answers (23)

The Novantas offer was very attractive, but ultimately I received an offer from my #1 choice firm and thus chose that alternate offer. Novantas was a close second of the five offers I received.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novantas.

First round consisted of two back-to-back 30 minute interviews on campus. Second round consisted of 3 back-to-back 45 minute interviews at their office, followed by a lunch with the current Associates.

Interview Questions
    • Many case questions, including: estimate the profits of a 400 square foot coffee shop in Union Station. Hardest riddle: there are 1000 lockers (with closed doors), and 1000 people in a line. The first person changes the position of every locker door (if open, closes; if closed, opens). The second person changes the position of every second locker door, the third person changes the position of every third locker door, and so on. Once all 1000 people have gone, how many doors are open?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Novantas.

First Round: 2 Market sizing case interviews with behavioral components on campus )~45 mins each
    Second Round: 3 interviews (all market sizing cases) ~1 hour each in office

Questions:
    - How many dentists are there in the U.S.?
    - How many light bulbs are sold in Italy per year?

Interview Questions
    • If you were given an unlimited amount of money right now to pursue your dream what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novantas.

Applied through campus recruitment. Two part interview, one with case asking what price you would charge to make a 60% profit margin.

Interview Questions
    • Brain Teaser: a munk starts climbing a mountian at sunrise and gets to the top at sunset, and the next day is starts climbing back down following the same path at sunrise and gets to the bottom at sunset. Is there are point where the munk was there at same time on both days. Assume he walks at variable rates.   View Answer

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Novantas.

Applied through the resume drop at my University. First round interview consisted of back to back 30 minute interviews. 30 minutes of introduction and brainteasers and then 30 minutes of a case-study.

Interview Questions
    • Case Study was to explain some of the considerations of a generic vs a brand-name ATM in a Starbucks. It was a very guided case study, three to four follow up questions. In the end I was asked to estimate the revenue generated by the two types of ATMs based on a revenue model for the generic and an estimation for the brand-name.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Applied and interviewed on campus. First round involved two 30-minute interviews focusing on market sizing case questions and quantitative brainteasers. Final round was at their office in New York. Three 45-minute interviews that focused on strategic case questions and behavioral/fit questions. Prepare lots of questions to ask the interviewers as there is a lot of time for that.

Interview Questions
    • Consider a 10x10x10 Rubik's cube. Strip away the outer layer. How many cubes are left?   Answer Question