Novantas

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novantas.

Interview Details – I found them through my university's on campus recruiting and applied online. I was then contacted to set up a first round interview. It was two 30-minute interviews with two different people. One person asked logic questions and behavioral questions. The other interviewer gave an open ended case.

Interview Question – The case was very open ended and didn't provide much information on how to solve it. They just wanted to see how I thought.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novantas in February 2014.

Interview Details – First round on campus, 2 30 min interviews. First had brainteasers. Had the rubix cube one followed by the scale one first with 1 bag then 2. Second interview was fit and a "case" which was not really a case at all. Question about elevator efficiency which I'm pretty sure everybody struggled with.

Interview Question – The case about elevators. Wanted you to optimize elevator traffic within a 25 story building. More of a brainstorming session than anything, but caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Novantas

Interview Details – Had two back to back interviews that lasted an hour in total. Both were nice and friendly. The first interviewer had me walk through my resume and then answer a couple of brain teasers. The second interviewer had me walk through my resume and then asked me a brain teaser and a case.

Interview Question – If you have a 2 ropes that each take an hour to burn and they burn at different rates. How can you measure 45 mins?   Answer Question

Consultant Analyst Interview

Consultant Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Novantas.

Interview Details – Recruiting conducted through top-tier level Ivy and liberal arts colleges for the entry level jobs at least. Interview was quite typical of any consulting job. They did no ask any financing or banking related questions on the first round interview.

Interview Question – The logic questions may be difficult. Definitely study up on consulting logic interview questions. Be capable of doing simple arithmetic quickly.   Answer Question

Summer Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Novantas in January 2011.

Interview Details – After resume drop, 1st round was on-campus interview pairs. 2 interviews, each 30 minutes. Started with questions about myself, then various brain teasers (there are lots of them online, I received the two ropes 45 mintues one, the 95% drop company value one, and others), a case study, and ended with my questions.

2nd round was on-site in NYC (they bought my train ticket down). Started with a basic math test, then two 45 minute interviews with some higher-ups at the company. Each one was the same format as before (resume, brain teasers, case, my questions). Final part of my day was lunch with members of the company, but that part is important too, since they're evaluating how much of a fit you are.

Received an offer 2 weeks later, accepted without negotiation.

Interview Question – How much money would you stock in an ATM in Midtown Manhattan?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase, straight contract take it or leave it

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Novantas

Interview Details – applied thru college recruiting, got an on-campus interview.

Interview Question – open-ended case study of how to approach a problem   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novantas in February 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds.

First round on-campus, with two 30-minute interviews. One was only brainteasers, and my interviewers nudged me through the tougher ones. The other was an open-ended case. Got back to me same day.

Second round in office, with three 45-minute interviews. There was time to network with a bunch of friendly associates beforehand. Interviewers were more senior staff. Lots of brainteasers again, although whether there were also cases depended on the interviewer. Everyone was nice, and my experience was really more like having interesting conversations with interesting people than a formal evaluation.

Interview Question – 25 horses, in same set-up as mentioned in a different review.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Novantas in January 2013.

Interview Details – process started with a phone screening, which lasted roughly 45 minutes over a conference bridge with 4-5 people asking questions. first face-to-face interview sat me down with basically the same players as on the conference bridge. second face-to-face sat me down with managers and those who weren't part of the phone screening/1st face-to-face interview. both face-to-face interviews lasted at least 2 hours.

Interview Question – unexpected: asked if I ever dealt with "non-technical" people. not a horrible question and easy enough to answer, but was never asked that question on an interview before.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Novantas

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting. First round on campus, consisted mostly of brainteasers and then a pricing case. Second round at New York office. Began with lunch in the office with the associates -- had a very good conversation with one of them. Three interviews followed; contained many more brainteasers than interviews for other consulting firms, and the cases were rather short. Two of the interviewers seemed rather unprepared though, coming up with questions on the spot.

Interview Question – A guy travels up a mountain starting at sunrise, arriving by sunset. The next day he travels back down the mountain in the same fashion. Is there any such point on the path where he would have reached it at the same time of the day?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novantas in October 2010.

Interview Details – On-campus interview involving brainteasers and resume review. Passed, went on for final rounds in the corporate office. Had a one-hour quantitative test (not too difficult) and two one-hour case interviews - one with a Principal and another with one of the founding partners. The founding partner called back in a week and said they wanted me to work with them.

Interview Question – a brainteaser involving two strings and fire - can't remember the specifics but i know i got it wrong in the first round   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Novantas

Worked for Novantas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Novantas interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Novantas employees and interview candidates.