Novantas Interview Questions

3.5

Analyst Interview

Interview

An on campus interview: I only attended the first round. There were two interviews, one with brain teasers, the second with a case study. The brain teasers were fairly standard, and included the "painted cube" question, a search problem based on racing horses, and basic probability. The case study was fairly standard as well, and involved estimating the revenue of a local food truck.

Interview Questions

• A random walker starts at one corner of a square: at each time step, he can move in either direction with a probability of 1/2. What is the expected number of steps before he returns to his first square?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novantas (New York, NY).

Interview

I found them through my university's on campus recruiting and applied online. I was then contacted to set up a first round interview. It was two 30-minute interviews with two different people. One person asked logic questions and behavioral questions. The other interviewer gave an open ended case.

Interview Questions

• The case was very open ended and didn't provide much information on how to solve it. They just wanted to see how I thought.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Had two back to back interviews that lasted an hour in total. Both were nice and friendly. The first interviewer had me walk through my resume and then answer a couple of brain teasers. The second interviewer had me walk through my resume and then asked me a brain teaser and a case.

Interview Questions

• If you have a 2 ropes that each take an hour to burn and they burn at different rates. How can you measure 45 mins?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

First round on campus, 2 30 min interviews. First had brainteasers. Had the rubix cube one followed by the scale one first with 1 bag then 2. Second interview was fit and a "case" which was not really a case at all. Question about elevator efficiency which I'm pretty sure everybody struggled with.

Interview Questions

• The case about elevators. Wanted you to optimize elevator traffic within a 25 story building. More of a brainstorming session than anything, but caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Consultant Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Novantas.

Interview

Recruiting conducted through top-tier level Ivy and liberal arts colleges for the entry level jobs at least. Interview was quite typical of any consulting job. They did no ask any financing or banking related questions on the first round interview.

Interview Questions

• The logic questions may be difficult. Definitely study up on consulting logic interview questions. Be capable of doing simple arithmetic quickly.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

applied thru college recruiting, got an on-campus interview.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. First round on campus, consisted mostly of brainteasers and then a pricing case. Second round at New York office. Began with lunch in the office with the associates -- had a very good conversation with one of them. Three interviews followed; contained many more brainteasers than interviews for other consulting firms, and the cases were rather short. Two of the interviewers seemed rather unprepared though, coming up with questions on the spot.

Interview Questions

• A guy travels up a mountain starting at sunrise, arriving by sunset. The next day he travels back down the mountain in the same fashion. Is there any such point on the path where he would have reached it at the same time of the day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Two rounds.

First round on-campus, with two 30-minute interviews. One was only brainteasers, and my interviewers nudged me through the tougher ones. The other was an open-ended case. Got back to me same day.

Second round in office, with three 45-minute interviews. There was time to network with a bunch of friendly associates beforehand. Interviewers were more senior staff. Lots of brainteasers again, although whether there were also cases depended on the interviewer. Everyone was nice, and my experience was really more like having interesting conversations with interesting people than a formal evaluation.

Interview Questions

• 25 horses, in same set-up as mentioned in a different review.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

process started with a phone screening, which lasted roughly 45 minutes over a conference bridge with 4-5 people asking questions. first face-to-face interview sat me down with basically the same players as on the conference bridge. second face-to-face sat me down with managers and those who weren't part of the phone screening/1st face-to-face interview. both face-to-face interviews lasted at least 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• unexpected: asked if I ever dealt with "non-technical" people. not a horrible question and easy enough to answer, but was never asked that question on an interview before.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting and received an on campus interview. The on campus interview consisted on two 30min interviews each of which was purely case and logic problems. The first interviewer gave me about 3 quick math/logic problems and the second interviewer gave me 1-2 short questions and one slightly longer case. In the next day or two I heard back that I had received a final round interview for the following Friday. This interview was at their office in NY City and consisted of a behavioral interview, small case/behavioral interview, and short analytic test. We also had lunch with the current associates and one of the principals gave an presentation on the company. Even though I had been told that the on-site interview was the final round, I was contacted about two weeks later for a phone interview at which point I was told that I should hear back about a decision in about a week. However, I didn't hear from them until about 3 weeks had passed and it was just to tell me that they give offers on a rolling bases and would have more information for me by December 1st ( which was 2 months after my on-site interview). I already had another offer that I liked better so I just told them I had accepted an offer elsewhere. Overall, I think it was very rude that they kept brushing me off and extending when they would make a decision by.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were basic probability or other math/logic questions.   Answer Question