Novantas Interview Questions in New York City, NY

3.6

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novantas in February 2014.

First round on campus, 2 30 min interviews. First had brainteasers. Had the rubix cube one followed by the scale one first with 1 bag then 2. Second interview was fit and a "case" which was not really a case at all. Question about elevator efficiency which I'm pretty sure everybody struggled with.

Interview Questions
    • The case about elevators. Wanted you to optimize elevator traffic within a 25 story building. More of a brainstorming session than anything, but caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novantas in February 2013.

Two rounds.

First round on-campus, with two 30-minute interviews. One was only brainteasers, and my interviewers nudged me through the tougher ones. The other was an open-ended case. Got back to me same day.

Second round in office, with three 45-minute interviews. There was time to network with a bunch of friendly associates beforehand. Interviewers were more senior staff. Lots of brainteasers again, although whether there were also cases depended on the interviewer. Everyone was nice, and my experience was really more like having interesting conversations with interesting people than a formal evaluation.

Interview Questions
    • 25 horses, in same set-up as mentioned in a different review.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Novantas in October 2009.

Two rounds of interviews: first on campus, second at office. The first round consists of two 30-minute interviews - each with an employee that has been with the firm <2 years. Typically these individuals will have graduated from your same university. The entire hour is spent answering brain-teaser style questions. Certain questions were pulled directly from consulting interview books, however most were questions that I had never seen or heard before. There is little to no behavioral questioning.
    The second round at the Novantas office was again two interviews - this time each 45 minutes and will a partner. Again, the focal point of the interview is brain-teaser questions. Each partner asked one or maybe two questions related to my past experiences and how I would fit in at Novantas, but nevertheless the brain-teasers are what will make or break your interview.

Interview Questions
    • You have 15 horses that run various speeds. You own a race track on which you can race the horses, and this track holds a maximum of 5 horses per race. If you have no stopwatch or other means of telling exactly how fast the horses are, how many races would you need to run between the horses to be ABSOLUTELY SURE which horses are first, second, and third fastest?   View Answers (23)

The Novantas offer was very attractive, but ultimately I received an offer from my #1 choice firm and thus chose that alternate offer. Novantas was a close second of the five offers I received.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Novantas in February 2010.

1) Resume & cover letter submission
    1/2 week later
    2) 1st round interview - a 1/2 hour phone interview and a 1/2 hour 1 on 1 interview
    2 weeks later
    3) Final round - 2 x 45 minute 1 on 1 interviews with quantitative brain teasers, 1 45 minute writing sample

Interview Questions
    • If a stock's value drops by 95% and its current value is $1, what was its original value?   View Answer
    I was applying for an internship, had only one offer, and did not bother negotiating.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Novantas in March 2010.

Phone interview, then in person met with two people. Got asked questions about my credentials and was given puzzles.

Interview Questions
    • This is not an academic enviornment and in the end here the bottom line is what counts, is that okay with you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Novantas in October 2010.

math test and question on pricing ipods

Interview Questions
    • pick something random from your resume and talk about it   Answer Question

Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Novantas in October 2010.

I has two interview back to back with different recruiters for 30 minutes each. One interview was easier probability related problems. The other interview was an impossible probability problem that involved ALOT of math. My interviewer later told me that very few people answer the questions correctly, if at all.

Interview Questions
    • If you are paid a dollar amount associated with the number on a dice that you roll, what is your expected value from one roll?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novantas in October 2011.

I applied through on campus recruiting and received an on campus interview. The on campus interview consisted on two 30min interviews each of which was purely case and logic problems. The first interviewer gave me about 3 quick math/logic problems and the second interviewer gave me 1-2 short questions and one slightly longer case. In the next day or two I heard back that I had received a final round interview for the following Friday. This interview was at their office in NY City and consisted of a behavioral interview, small case/behavioral interview, and short analytic test. We also had lunch with the current associates and one of the principals gave an presentation on the company. Even though I had been told that the on-site interview was the final round, I was contacted about two weeks later for a phone interview at which point I was told that I should hear back about a decision in about a week. However, I didn't hear from them until about 3 weeks had passed and it was just to tell me that they give offers on a rolling bases and would have more information for me by December 1st ( which was 2 months after my on-site interview). I already had another offer that I liked better so I just told them I had accepted an offer elsewhere. Overall, I think it was very rude that they kept brushing me off and extending when they would make a decision by.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were basic probability or other math/logic questions.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Novantas in January 2009.

Interview was relatively painless. Was phone screened by recruiter. Then met with HR rep, Department VPs, and CEO in rapid succession. Was offered the job the following day. My recommendation to candidates is not to take a seat facing the window. The sunlight can be fairly bright and is overwhelming after a while.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach designing a software interface?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novantas in October 2010.

On-campus interview involving brainteasers and resume review. Passed, went on for final rounds in the corporate office. Had a one-hour quantitative test (not too difficult) and two one-hour case interviews - one with a Principal and another with one of the founding partners. The founding partner called back in a week and said they wanted me to work with them.

Interview Questions
    • a brainteaser involving two strings and fire - can't remember the specifics but i know i got it wrong in the first round   Answer Question

Worked for Novantas? Contribute to the Community!