Novantas Interview Questions in New York City, NY

3.6

Consulting Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

There were 5 interviews scheduled in 1 day - 3 of which were with Managing directors, one with director and another one with a manager. The interviews were centered around general IQ and business skills.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting and received an on campus interview. The on campus interview consisted on two 30min interviews each of which was purely case and logic problems. The first interviewer gave me about 3 quick math/logic problems and the second interviewer gave me 1-2 short questions and one slightly longer case. In the next day or two I heard back that I had received a final round interview for the following Friday. This interview was at their office in NY City and consisted of a behavioral interview, small case/behavioral interview, and short analytic test. We also had lunch with the current associates and one of the principals gave an presentation on the company. Even though I had been told that the on-site interview was the final round, I was contacted about two weeks later for a phone interview at which point I was told that I should hear back about a decision in about a week. However, I didn't hear from them until about 3 weeks had passed and it was just to tell me that they give offers on a rolling bases and would have more information for me by December 1st ( which was 2 months after my on-site interview). I already had another offer that I liked better so I just told them I had accepted an offer elsewhere. Overall, I think it was very rude that they kept brushing me off and extending when they would make a decision by.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were basic probability or other math/logic questions.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

Interview was relatively painless. Was phone screened by recruiter. Then met with HR rep, Department VPs, and CEO in rapid succession. Was offered the job the following day. My recommendation to candidates is not to take a seat facing the window. The sunlight can be fairly bright and is overwhelming after a while.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach designing a software interface?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

On-campus interview involving brainteasers and resume review. Passed, went on for final rounds in the corporate office. Had a one-hour quantitative test (not too difficult) and two one-hour case interviews - one with a Principal and another with one of the founding partners. The founding partner called back in a week and said they wanted me to work with them.

Interview Questions

• a brainteaser involving two strings and fire - can't remember the specifics but i know i got it wrong in the first round   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

process started with a phone screening, which lasted roughly 45 minutes over a conference bridge with 4-5 people asking questions. first face-to-face interview sat me down with basically the same players as on the conference bridge. second face-to-face sat me down with managers and those who weren't part of the phone screening/1st face-to-face interview. both face-to-face interviews lasted at least 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• unexpected: asked if I ever dealt with "non-technical" people. not a horrible question and easy enough to answer, but was never asked that question on an interview before.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novantas (New York, NY).

Interview

I found them through my university's on campus recruiting and applied online. I was then contacted to set up a first round interview. It was two 30-minute interviews with two different people. One person asked logic questions and behavioral questions. The other interviewer gave an open ended case.

Interview Questions

• The case was very open ended and didn't provide much information on how to solve it. They just wanted to see how I thought.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Two rounds.

First round on-campus, with two 30-minute interviews. One was only brainteasers, and my interviewers nudged me through the tougher ones. The other was an open-ended case. Got back to me same day.

Second round in office, with three 45-minute interviews. There was time to network with a bunch of friendly associates beforehand. Interviewers were more senior staff. Lots of brainteasers again, although whether there were also cases depended on the interviewer. Everyone was nice, and my experience was really more like having interesting conversations with interesting people than a formal evaluation.

Interview Questions

• 25 horses, in same set-up as mentioned in a different review.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews: first on campus, second at office. The first round consists of two 30-minute interviews - each with an employee that has been with the firm <2 years. Typically these individuals will have graduated from your same university. The entire hour is spent answering brain-teaser style questions. Certain questions were pulled directly from consulting interview books, however most were questions that I had never seen or heard before. There is little to no behavioral questioning.
    The second round at the Novantas office was again two interviews - this time each 45 minutes and will a partner. Again, the focal point of the interview is brain-teaser questions. Each partner asked one or maybe two questions related to my past experiences and how I would fit in at Novantas, but nevertheless the brain-teasers are what will make or break your interview.

Interview Questions

• You have 15 horses that run various speeds. You own a race track on which you can race the horses, and this track holds a maximum of 5 horses per race. If you have no stopwatch or other means of telling exactly how fast the horses are, how many races would you need to run between the horses to be ABSOLUTELY SURE which horses are first, second, and third fastest?   23 Answers

The Novantas offer was very attractive, but ultimately I received an offer from my #1 choice firm and thus chose that alternate offer. Novantas was a close second of the five offers I received.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

1) Resume & cover letter submission
    1/2 week later
    2) 1st round interview - a 1/2 hour phone interview and a 1/2 hour 1 on 1 interview
    2 weeks later
    3) Final round - 2 x 45 minute 1 on 1 interviews with quantitative brain teasers, 1 45 minute writing sample

Interview Questions

• If a stock's value drops by 95% and its current value is $1, what was its original value?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was applying for an internship, had only one offer, and did not bother negotiating.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person met with two people. Got asked questions about my credentials and was given puzzles.

Interview Questions

• This is not an academic enviornment and in the end here the bottom line is what counts, is that okay with you.   Answer Question