Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Novantas
- Associate (11)
- Summer Associate (8)
- Consultant Analyst (3)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Designer (1)
- Senior Analyst (1)
- Consulting Associate (1)
- Consulting Senior Associate (1)
- Associate Consultant (1)
- Analyst (1)
- Senior Systems Engineer (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in February 2010.
1) Resume & cover letter submission 1/2 week later 2) 1st round interview - a 1/2 hour phone interview and a 1/2 hour 1 on 1 interview 2 weeks later 3) Final round - 2 x 45 minute 1 on 1 interviews with quantitative brain teasers, 1 45 minute writing sample
- If a stock's value drops by 95% and its current value is $1, what was its original value? 1 Answer
I was applying for an internship, had only one offer, and did not bother negotiating.
Helpful (3)Declined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2009.
Two rounds of interviews: first on campus, second at office. The first round consists of two 30-minute interviews - each with an employee that has been with the firm <2 years. Typically these individuals will have graduated from your same university. The entire hour is spent answering brain-teaser style questions. Certain questions were pulled directly from consulting interview books, however most were questions that I had never seen or heard before. There is little to no behavioral questioning. The second round at the Novantas office was again two interviews - this time each 45 minutes and will a partner. Again, the focal point of the interview is brain-teaser questions. Each partner asked one or maybe two questions related to my past experiences and how I would fit in at Novantas, but nevertheless the brain-teasers are what will make or break your interview.
- You have 15 horses that run various speeds. You own a race track on which you can race the horses, and this track holds a maximum of 5 horses per race. If you have no stopwatch or other means of telling exactly how fast the horses are, how many races would you need to run between the horses to be ABSOLUTELY SURE which horses are first, second, and third fastest? 23 Answers
Reasons for Declining
The Novantas offer was very attractive, but ultimately I received an offer from my #1 choice firm and thus chose that alternate offer. Novantas was a close second of the five offers I received.
Helpful (1)Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in August 2009.
There were 5 interviews scheduled in 1 day - 3 of which were with Managing directors, one with director and another one with a manager. The interviews were centered around general IQ and business skills.
- Causes and impact of the economic downturn Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in January 2009.
Interview was relatively painless. Was phone screened by recruiter. Then met with HR rep, Department VPs, and CEO in rapid succession. Was offered the job the following day. My recommendation to candidates is not to take a seat facing the window. The sunlight can be fairly bright and is overwhelming after a while.
- How would you approach designing a software interface? 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review
See What Novantas Employees Are Saying
1 person found this helpful
Pros: “Fun culture, full of young professionals with diverse interests”“Fun culture, full of young professionals with diverse interests” – Full Review