Novantas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Novantas in February 2010.

Interview Details – 1) Resume & cover letter submission
1/2 week later
2) 1st round interview - a 1/2 hour phone interview and a 1/2 hour 1 on 1 interview
2 weeks later
3) Final round - 2 x 45 minute 1 on 1 interviews with quantitative brain teasers, 1 45 minute writing sample

Interview Question – If a stock's value drops by 95% and its current value is $1, what was its original value?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was applying for an internship, had only one offer, and did not bother negotiating.

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Novantas in October 2009.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews: first on campus, second at office. The first round consists of two 30-minute interviews - each with an employee that has been with the firm <2 years. Typically these individuals will have graduated from your same university. The entire hour is spent answering brain-teaser style questions. Certain questions were pulled directly from consulting interview books, however most were questions that I had never seen or heard before. There is little to no behavioral questioning.
The second round at the Novantas office was again two interviews - this time each 45 minutes and will a partner. Again, the focal point of the interview is brain-teaser questions. Each partner asked one or maybe two questions related to my past experiences and how I would fit in at Novantas, but nevertheless the brain-teasers are what will make or break your interview.

Interview Question – You have 15 horses that run various speeds. You own a race track on which you can race the horses, and this track holds a maximum of 5 horses per race. If you have no stopwatch or other means of telling exactly how fast the horses are, how many races would you need to run between the horses to be ABSOLUTELY SURE which horses are first, second, and third fastest?   View Answers (23)

Reason for Declining – The Novantas offer was very attractive, but ultimately I received an offer from my #1 choice firm and thus chose that alternate offer. Novantas was a close second of the five offers I received.

Consulting Senior Associate Interview

Consulting Senior Associate
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Novantas in August 2009.

Interview Details – There were 5 interviews scheduled in 1 day - 3 of which were with Managing directors, one with director and another one with a manager. The interviews were centered around general IQ and business skills.

Interview Question – Causes and impact of the economic downturn   Answer Question