Novantas Interview Questions in New York City, NY

3.6

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Novantas in October 2009.

Two rounds of interviews: first on campus, second at office. The first round consists of two 30-minute interviews - each with an employee that has been with the firm <2 years. Typically these individuals will have graduated from your same university. The entire hour is spent answering brain-teaser style questions. Certain questions were pulled directly from consulting interview books, however most were questions that I had never seen or heard before. There is little to no behavioral questioning.
    The second round at the Novantas office was again two interviews - this time each 45 minutes and will a partner. Again, the focal point of the interview is brain-teaser questions. Each partner asked one or maybe two questions related to my past experiences and how I would fit in at Novantas, but nevertheless the brain-teasers are what will make or break your interview.

Interview Questions
    • You have 15 horses that run various speeds. You own a race track on which you can race the horses, and this track holds a maximum of 5 horses per race. If you have no stopwatch or other means of telling exactly how fast the horses are, how many races would you need to run between the horses to be ABSOLUTELY SURE which horses are first, second, and third fastest?   View Answers (23)

The Novantas offer was very attractive, but ultimately I received an offer from my #1 choice firm and thus chose that alternate offer. Novantas was a close second of the five offers I received.

Consulting Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Novantas in August 2009.

There were 5 interviews scheduled in 1 day - 3 of which were with Managing directors, one with director and another one with a manager. The interviews were centered around general IQ and business skills.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Novantas in January 2009.

Interview was relatively painless. Was phone screened by recruiter. Then met with HR rep, Department VPs, and CEO in rapid succession. Was offered the job the following day. My recommendation to candidates is not to take a seat facing the window. The sunlight can be fairly bright and is overwhelming after a while.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach designing a software interface?   View Answer