Novantas

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novantas.

Interview Details – I found them through my university's on campus recruiting and applied online. I was then contacted to set up a first round interview. It was two 30-minute interviews with two different people. One person asked logic questions and behavioral questions. The other interviewer gave an open ended case.

Interview Question – The case was very open ended and didn't provide much information on how to solve it. They just wanted to see how I thought.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novantas in February 2014.

Interview Details – First round on campus, 2 30 min interviews. First had brainteasers. Had the rubix cube one followed by the scale one first with 1 bag then 2. Second interview was fit and a "case" which was not really a case at all. Question about elevator efficiency which I'm pretty sure everybody struggled with.

Interview Question – The case about elevators. Wanted you to optimize elevator traffic within a 25 story building. More of a brainstorming session than anything, but caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Novantas

Interview Details – Had two back to back interviews that lasted an hour in total. Both were nice and friendly. The first interviewer had me walk through my resume and then answer a couple of brain teasers. The second interviewer had me walk through my resume and then asked me a brain teaser and a case.

Interview Question – If you have a 2 ropes that each take an hour to burn and they burn at different rates. How can you measure 45 mins?   Answer Question

Summer Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Novantas in January 2011.

Interview Details – After resume drop, 1st round was on-campus interview pairs. 2 interviews, each 30 minutes. Started with questions about myself, then various brain teasers (there are lots of them online, I received the two ropes 45 mintues one, the 95% drop company value one, and others), a case study, and ended with my questions.

2nd round was on-site in NYC (they bought my train ticket down). Started with a basic math test, then two 45 minute interviews with some higher-ups at the company. Each one was the same format as before (resume, brain teasers, case, my questions). Final part of my day was lunch with members of the company, but that part is important too, since they're evaluating how much of a fit you are.

Received an offer 2 weeks later, accepted without negotiation.

Interview Question – How much money would you stock in an ATM in Midtown Manhattan?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase, straight contract take it or leave it

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novantas in February 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds.

First round on-campus, with two 30-minute interviews. One was only brainteasers, and my interviewers nudged me through the tougher ones. The other was an open-ended case. Got back to me same day.

Second round in office, with three 45-minute interviews. There was time to network with a bunch of friendly associates beforehand. Interviewers were more senior staff. Lots of brainteasers again, although whether there were also cases depended on the interviewer. Everyone was nice, and my experience was really more like having interesting conversations with interesting people than a formal evaluation.

Interview Question – 25 horses, in same set-up as mentioned in a different review.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Novantas

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting. First round on campus, consisted mostly of brainteasers and then a pricing case. Second round at New York office. Began with lunch in the office with the associates -- had a very good conversation with one of them. Three interviews followed; contained many more brainteasers than interviews for other consulting firms, and the cases were rather short. Two of the interviewers seemed rather unprepared though, coming up with questions on the spot.

Interview Question – A guy travels up a mountain starting at sunrise, arriving by sunset. The next day he travels back down the mountain in the same fashion. Is there any such point on the path where he would have reached it at the same time of the day?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Novantas in February 2010.

Interview Details – 1) Resume & cover letter submission
1/2 week later
2) 1st round interview - a 1/2 hour phone interview and a 1/2 hour 1 on 1 interview
2 weeks later
3) Final round - 2 x 45 minute 1 on 1 interviews with quantitative brain teasers, 1 45 minute writing sample

Interview Question – If a stock's value drops by 95% and its current value is $1, what was its original value?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was applying for an internship, had only one offer, and did not bother negotiating.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Novantas

Worked for Novantas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Novantas Summer Associate interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Novantas employees and interview candidates.