Novartis Interview Questions & Reviews in Cambridge, MA

3.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Scientific Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Novartis.

The interview process starts with HR over the phone, then a phone interview with the hiring manager to determine if you should come in. The in person interview is an all day, 8-hour, interview with multiple parties- hiring manager, other PIs in the dept/lab, associates you would be working with, etc. Depending on the size of the group, some interviews are with several people and some one on one. Lunch is provided in the cafeteria where you have a chance to eat with your prospective coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • For science positions, understanding of the biology, pathways, and technology is critical. I was asked about familiarity with specific oncogenic pathways related to the lab's specific focus. Mostly they want to know exactly what your skill sets are and how much of your work you have done independently.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation and it took 2 months to bring me on because they lost the position and had to repost it.

Scientific Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Novartis in September 2013.

I applied for the position through the website in July 2013. I got contacted by the director end of August 2013. We set up a phone interview where we talked about my qualifications and future plans. In a week, I was asked to come down to Boston and I had a full day interview from 830 AM-3 PM. I met about half hour interviews with multiple managers, a presentation and an informal lunch interview. I was asked a bunch of questions regarding my resume and a variety of behavioral questions (strengths, weakness, conflict etc etc). I got an offer letter 2 weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be in industry instead of pursuing a PhD   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offered me way more than average market salary.

E-learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novartis in September 2013.

Was contacted through a wonderful recruiting agency in Boston. The recruiter set up an iith the hiring manager very quickly. I had my interview with the hiring manager and four member of his technical team. Excellent people! They asked challenging yet significant questions about my background and expertise.

Interview Questions
    • With elearning, would you rather be a designer or developer (or both) and why?   Answer Question
    It's a contracting position so I negotiated via the recruiter up front. Again, very positive experience.

Junior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Novartis.

First interview round based on soft skills. Second round infront of all required decion makers. I received data and had 1 hour to prepare a 20min presentation. The interview was more focused on my way of thinking and if I understood the challenges of the job. At the end, some more soft skill questions.

Interview Questions
    • What stresses you? Which sutuations are most challenging for you?   View Answer
    The offer was very good, so no negotiation was needed. In addition, my job is located in Germany where my salary is based on defined labor agreements. No individual negotiations.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Novartis in August 2012.

Telephone interview followed by 2 on site interviews with different people each time. Most interviewers were fair and personable, but one senior executive was biased from the beginning against my candidature, as she sought to derail the process from the beginning. I suspected racial bias as I am a minority

Scientific Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Novartis in January 2010.

It was pretty straight forward. Standard phone interview one day followed by a half day interview with several group heads.

The questions were standard,. Met with the recruiter who was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to go into detail about a paper I had published several years ago.   View Answers (3)
    They made me a generous offer that I accepted. I didn't bother to counter. It would have been in poor taste given the raise they were offering me.

Scientific Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Novartis in September 2009.

After applying for the position, I had an inital 20-30 minute phone interivew with my prospective manager. I was then invited for an on-site interview, which lasted all day (9am-3pm). The on-site interivew consisted of giving a 45min presentation to the department, and six 1:1 interviews with various managers within the department. There was a more informal Q&A session with associates durning the lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficulty you have had related to your work, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Research Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Novartis in October 2010.

started with a call from the HR asking for a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the phone interview, about two weeks late, went for an on site interview which lasted for a whole day from 9 to 5 including a presentation following by 9 half-hour 1-on-1 interview.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novartis in September 2009.

This was a campus interview. I had to present a 25 minute presentation and they asked questions about my chemistry. Also, general questions about when I could start.

Interview Questions

Worked for Novartis? Contribute to the Community!