Novartis

83 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Sales Representative Interview

Field Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Novartis.

Interview Details – Met with the hiring manager and many people from the team. Then returned to meet with regional manager before being offered the job. Interview questions were real and relevant to the present position. Not the interview questions that mean nothing to the job. Very casual yet informative.

Interview Question – Most difficult piece was meeting with so many people and not knowing who you should be trying to impress the most!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate a better start date as well as base salary

Marketing and Sales Analyst Interview

Marketing and Sales Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Novartis.

Interview Details – Was made clear the process wouldn't even begin until I made my current employer aware that I was pursuing a position with the company. Quick phone interview to review basics; on a scale of 1-10 how experience are you at...? As well as current salary and salary desired.

Interview Question – "How many tennis balls can fit in an airplane?" And "What are you most proud of in your life, non-profession related?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was more than twice was I was currently making and I was young and naive so I did not negotiate. However, I could have. Company is highly competitive and I probably could have gotten more.

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director

I applied online and interviewed at Novartis.

Interview Details – Applied via NPC web portal and got a call from the hiring manager directly about two weeks later. Had a 30 min phone screen with him and he wanted to bring me in. Live interviews took about 3 weeks to schedule. The interview team consisted of hiring manager, HR, and 3 peer colleagues within group. Didn't hear back for about 3 weeks until I emailed hiring manager (HR was useless). Hiring manager did call back and gave me the feedback on their decision (something HR should have done) . Hiring manager was great in the entire process. Can't say the same for HR.

Interview Question – When was the last time you learned something?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Switzerland, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novartis in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was offered an interview for internship during university recruitment.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director

Interviewed at Novartis

Interview Details – Meet with HR first - they will assess compatibility/fit with position. Then meet with hiring manager - assess competency, chemistry and compatibility. Then full day interview with seminar and several 1:1 meetings with levels above, at and below peer level.

Interview Question – What do you think is the hottest thing in the field right now?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novartis in March 2010.

Interview Details – phone screen, 1:1 interview, group panel, ride along

Negotiation Details – fine

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novartis.

Interview Details – Campus hiring process, submitted resume online and got a call for interview.

Interview Question – simple and straight forward questions.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
Lincoln, NE

Interviewed at Novartis

Interview Details – I interviewed at Novartis OTC at NE in late Sep. The people there were pretty nice but I am totally annoyed by its unbelievably long process and low efficiency in reimbursement. I interviewed with seven companies since Sep to Dec. Novartis OTC was the only one (among seven) which asked me to pay for everything (flight, hotel, car rental, etc) myself after its travel agency (not me) made reservations. I ended up spending close to $1600. I submitted my reimbursement in two days after my interview. Now it has been three months, and after three most important holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year), I am still waiting for my own money to be back. I wish Novartis OTC could improve their efficiency in its reimbursement process for interview candidates.

Associate Manager Interview

Associate Manager

Interviewed at Novartis

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews. Sometimes can take a long time. Schedules are so crazy that it can be very had for management to find time to interview, which can stretch process out for months. Drug test at the end, with a background check. Is universal to all divisions.

Interview Question – Some people really get technical, others stay surface level, but there are technical monsters out there waiting to make sure you know that they know more than you do. It's best to roll over and play dead if this happens to you.   Answer Question

Scientific Associate I Interview

Scientific Associate I
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Novartis in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through the website in July 2013. I got contacted by the director end of August 2013. We set up a phone interview where we talked about my qualifications and future plans. In a week, I was asked to come down to Boston and I had a full day interview from 830 AM-3 PM. I met about half hour interviews with multiple managers, a presentation and an informal lunch interview. I was asked a bunch of questions regarding my resume and a variety of behavioral questions (strengths, weakness, conflict etc etc). I got an offer letter 2 weeks after my interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in industry instead of pursuing a PhD   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offered me way more than average market salary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Novartis

Worked for Novartis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Novartis interview questions and advice. All 83 interview reviews posted anonymously by Novartis employees and interview candidates.