Novartis Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Scientific Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Novartis.

The interview process starts with HR over the phone, then a phone interview with the hiring manager to determine if you should come in. The in person interview is an all day, 8-hour, interview with multiple parties- hiring manager, other PIs in the dept/lab, associates you would be working with, etc. Depending on the size of the group, some interviews are with several people and some one on one. Lunch is provided in the cafeteria where you have a chance to eat with your prospective coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • For science positions, understanding of the biology, pathways, and technology is critical. I was asked about familiarity with specific oncogenic pathways related to the lab's specific focus. Mostly they want to know exactly what your skill sets are and how much of your work you have done independently.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation and it took 2 months to bring me on because they lost the position and had to repost it.

Field Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Novartis.

Met with the hiring manager and many people from the team. Then returned to meet with regional manager before being offered the job. Interview questions were real and relevant to the present position. Not the interview questions that mean nothing to the job. Very casual yet informative.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult piece was meeting with so many people and not knowing who you should be trying to impress the most!   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate a better start date as well as base salary

Marketing and Sales Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Novartis.

Was made clear the process wouldn't even begin until I made my current employer aware that I was pursuing a position with the company. Quick phone interview to review basics; on a scale of 1-10 how experience are you at...? As well as current salary and salary desired.

Interview Questions
    • "How many tennis balls can fit in an airplane?" And "What are you most proud of in your life, non-profession related?"   View Answer
    The offer was more than twice was I was currently making and I was young and naive so I did not negotiate. However, I could have. Company is highly competitive and I probably could have gotten more.

Associate Director Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Novartis.

Applied via NPC web portal and got a call from the hiring manager directly about two weeks later. Had a 30 min phone screen with him and he wanted to bring me in. Live interviews took about 3 weeks to schedule. The interview team consisted of hiring manager, HR, and 3 peer colleagues within group. Didn't hear back for about 3 weeks until I emailed hiring manager (HR was useless). Hiring manager did call back and gave me the feedback on their decision (something HR should have done) . Hiring manager was great in the entire process. Can't say the same for HR.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Switzerland, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Switzerland, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novartis in February 2014.

Was offered an interview for internship during university recruitment.

Associate Director Interview

Meet with HR first - they will assess compatibility/fit with position. Then meet with hiring manager - assess competency, chemistry and compatibility. Then full day interview with seminar and several 1:1 meetings with levels above, at and below peer level.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the hottest thing in the field right now?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novartis in March 2010.

phone screen, 1:1 interview, group panel, ride along

fine

Senior Scientist Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novartis.

Campus hiring process, submitted resume online and got a call for interview.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I interviewed at Novartis OTC at NE in late Sep. The people there were pretty nice but I am totally annoyed by its unbelievably long process and low efficiency in reimbursement. I interviewed with seven companies since Sep to Dec. Novartis OTC was the only one (among seven) which asked me to pay for everything (flight, hotel, car rental, etc) myself after its travel agency (not me) made reservations. I ended up spending close to $1600. I submitted my reimbursement in two days after my interview. Now it has been three months, and after three most important holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year), I am still waiting for my own money to be back. I wish Novartis OTC could improve their efficiency in its reimbursement process for interview candidates.

Associate Manager Interview

3 rounds of interviews. Sometimes can take a long time. Schedules are so crazy that it can be very had for management to find time to interview, which can stretch process out for months. Drug test at the end, with a background check. Is universal to all divisions.

Interview Questions
    • Some people really get technical, others stay surface level, but there are technical monsters out there waiting to make sure you know that they know more than you do. It's best to roll over and play dead if this happens to you.   Answer Question

Worked for Novartis? Contribute to the Community!