Novartis Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2014

3.1

Scientific Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Novartis in September 2013.

I applied for the position through the website in July 2013. I got contacted by the director end of August 2013. We set up a phone interview where we talked about my qualifications and future plans. In a week, I was asked to come down to Boston and I had a full day interview from 830 AM-3 PM. I met about half hour interviews with multiple managers, a presentation and an informal lunch interview. I was asked a bunch of questions regarding my resume and a variety of behavioral questions (strengths, weakness, conflict etc etc). I got an offer letter 2 weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be in industry instead of pursuing a PhD   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offered me way more than average market salary.

E-learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novartis in September 2013.

Was contacted through a wonderful recruiting agency in Boston. The recruiter set up an iith the hiring manager very quickly. I had my interview with the hiring manager and four member of his technical team. Excellent people! They asked challenging yet significant questions about my background and expertise.

Interview Questions
    • With elearning, would you rather be a designer or developer (or both) and why?   Answer Question
    It's a contracting position so I negotiated via the recruiter up front. Again, very positive experience.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Novartis.

Submitted my resume through the school and got contacted back a month or two later. The interview process was mainly phone interviews regarding fit and basic skills (income statement, balance sheet). There was a brain teaser question on one occasion but it was not a gruelling stress interview, more a test of capability.

Interview Questions
    • The brain teaser was a maths/logic question similar to certain SAT style questions   Answer Question

Scientific Associate I Interview

Initial phone screen basically reviewing resume. Followed by in person interview with group and supervisor - again very basic involving past experience.

Interview Questions
    • This is an entry level job pretty much so no technical questions.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Novartis.

I found the position through the company's careers page, and after submitting my résumé they reached out to me a week or so later. After a few emails back and forth they offered me a phone interview, and then an interview in person.

Junior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Novartis.

First interview round based on soft skills. Second round infront of all required decion makers. I received data and had 1 hour to prepare a 20min presentation. The interview was more focused on my way of thinking and if I understood the challenges of the job. At the end, some more soft skill questions.

Interview Questions
    • What stresses you? Which sutuations are most challenging for you?   View Answer
    The offer was very good, so no negotiation was needed. In addition, my job is located in Germany where my salary is based on defined labor agreements. No individual negotiations.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Novartis in August 2012.

Telephone interview followed by 2 on site interviews with different people each time. Most interviewers were fair and personable, but one senior executive was biased from the beginning against my candidature, as she sought to derail the process from the beginning. I suspected racial bias as I am a minority

Bioprocess Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Holly Springs, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holly Springs, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Novartis in January 2012.

It was a panel interview and a group of candidates waiting in the lobby, not very personal, they called you when it was your turn. The panel was fast paced and not very friendly, they ran down a list of questions like what are your weaknesses, how would you disagree with your boss, tell us about a time you had an argument with a co-worker, and then a question I thought was particularly strange, what hobbies I had as a kid... I'm over 30 and they want to talk about my childhood? It seemed like a weird place to work so I crossed them off my list.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about an argument you've had with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Director Digital Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Hanover, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Novartis in December 2011.

Phone interview by the HR recruiter asking question such as:
    - Why do you want this job?
    - Why do you think you are the right fit for this job?
    - Describe situation where you failed?
    - Describe situation where you exceeded expectation?
    The requirement to provide answers using the STAR method (situation, task, action, result)

Scientific Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Novartis in January 2010.

It was pretty straight forward. Standard phone interview one day followed by a half day interview with several group heads.

The questions were standard,. Met with the recruiter who was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to go into detail about a paper I had published several years ago.   View Answers (3)
    They made me a generous offer that I accepted. I didn't bother to counter. It would have been in poor taste given the raise they were offering me.