Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Relevance Date Difficulty

Formulation Scientist Interview

Formulation Scientist
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by 2 scientists and 1 HR person. The interview with one of the scientist was an on-site phone interview which caught me totally by surprise as I was not expecting that. The interview went fine but the phone interview with the PI was a difficult one. No technical questions asked. Only behavioral.

Interview Question – Rate yourself as a learner.   Answer Question

Learning Management Systems Associate Interview

Learning Management Systems Associate
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview with the temp agency. Then an in person interview with 4 people on site.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Engineering Associate Interview

Engineering Associate
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in January 2010.

Interview Details – what is the greatest achievement in your life.

Interview Question – whay did u do a masters   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – good

Senior Associate Scientist Interview

Senior Associate Scientist
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in April 2009.

Interview Details – I had one on-site interview with Novartis and it went very well. I waited for their answer for 3 weeks then wrote a kind email, the answer was that we won't be able to hire you right now. Later I heard that they got into a hiring freeze.

Interview Question – Would you be interested in a different position than one you are interviewing for right now?   View Answer

Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in July 2008.

Interview Details – After an initial phone interview with the director of the postdoc program, I was invited for an on-site interview and presentation. During the on-site interview, I met with a 8 - 10 investigators and 2-4 current postdocs. It was not clear if all of the investigators were interested in taking a postdoc or if they were evaluating me. As it turns out, there was probably just two who were considering me. It took more than 6 weeks for them to get back to me. The final hurdle in the Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship program is to be invited to write a proposal. The proposal writing phase of the application is slow. I completed the proposal in 2 - 3 weeks, but it took 4 months to get final clearance of the proposal and receive an actual offer. The procedure is slow and not efficient.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do a postdoc in industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All the postdocs get the same starting salary. There may be some negotiation in the relocation package - but mine was very generous.

Associate Scientist I Interview

Associate Scientist I
Cambridge, MA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in April 2008.

Interview Details – Received a call after applying for a job, standard phone interview with a few Q&As. 1 week later, I interviewed in person with HR, hiring manager, and peers. Mostly consisted on one-on-one interviews, had one panel. Felt like I had the offer leaving the interview, received an offer a week later.

Interview Question – Asked a situational questions, "If you found a colleague breaking a company policy, how will you respond?"   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in March 2007.

Interview Details – Extremely passive-aggressive in their interview style and interest. An initial contact was made from an internal recruiter, where a standard phone interview was given. I received feedback the next day that it went well and I will move on to the 1:1. Then they went away for almost 6 weeks. I was then called after-hours on a Friday (I don't care about that personally, it goes to the company mindset) begging me to come in the next Monday because they HAD to get the position filled.

Had 2 1:1 interviews (HR, hiring manager) and received great feedback for both, I was on to the next round which was to consist of interviews with senior management and a full day of testing and tours.

After that, I heard nothing for 3 months (wrote the interview off after no response from the company) and then after the 3 months I got a lame excuse from HR saying that everyone I interviewed with was gone and he was out of the office.

I understand that things happen in business, BUT NOT THAT MANY. This was nothing that an email couldn't fix, and I figure if it is this difficult getting in, what is it like when one IS in?

Interview Question – Given your extensive travel and experience, how would you cope with a position where you will not travel?   View Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in May 2009.

Interview Details – 4 INTERVIEWS WITH ALL MEMBERS OF THE TEAM

Interview Question – SOLVE AN EXISTING ISSUE   View Answer

Worked for Novartis Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!