Novartis Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

3.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

They will call you to ask you questions, I got an interview with two managers, both of whom became my mentors there. They are super friendly and focused on my resume questions, no tech questions at all.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

1st - Phone interview with recruiter/HR going over background and the position 2nd - Panel Interview with HR/hiring managers All questions were behavioral questions, so be prepared to answer in STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format. Normally they say this process is 10 days, but it was dragged out a lot longer due to people being on vacation, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a conflict you had with another employee?   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Somerset, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via phone and email. The interview was actually a good interview...not too many hard questions. I was asked to write down some interesting things about myself. The staff was very curtious and professional. The interview enviorment was very comfortable. At the end of the interviews i was told to expect a phone call or email within 2 days informing me if i was hired or not

Interview Questions

• The question were direct and straight forward. No trick questions or any personality questions to answers   2 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

STAR format - a panel of two managers or more if needed. Pleasant but nerve recking. They are straight forward about the information that they are looking for. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to give solid examples of your work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did need to negotiate my starting salary. The process went back and forth three times. I was looking for more time off which I did not get but after 1 year the PTO was adjusted to provide more time.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

They asked typical interview questions. You should answer in this format: Situation, Action Result. Also do research on the promoting product and MOA. Be able to verbalize the product and benefit during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a launch strategy for a new product?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was fair

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Phone screening then brought in for a 1/2 day with a panel (peers) and a couple of one-on-one interviews. Time from applying to getting the offer was less than a month.

Interview Questions

• Very standard behavior-type questions (describe how you have handled a difficult co-worker, etc.) and several specific technical questions relating to the position.   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Participated in on-campus interview process in fall. Prior to on-campus interview, also had a phone interview. Waited ~1.5 month before receiving an invitation for on-site interview. Fairly typical on-site interview process. Dinner night one with 'peers'....seemed more interested in holding their own conversation than in getting to know me. Next day, presentation early am, followed by a series of one-on-one interviews from various levels of people.

Associate Director, Senior Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ).

Interview

Hiring manager usually does the real interview, sometimes there will be a follow-up interview by others in the team. After that you will progress to the next round with department head along with HR

Interview Questions

• Architecture related case studies, GxP validation related questions will most certainly be asked   Answer Question

Interview

SImple and easy; they were dazzled by rich anecdotes and optics, not so much on substance.

Interview Questions

• Philosophical querstions, like "what do you believe is the purpose of..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. They came in with an offer that was their best and final, which I thought was fair.

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

There is a interview guide with set questions from HR, but no input from HR so the STAR questions "tell me of a time" are not coordinated from interviewer to interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Typical "tell me why you are looking" "tell me of a time when you had to.... and so on and so on."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not any negotiation and the hiring manager wouldn't even give 24 hours to think about it. I had to do a verbal yes on the phone before seeing the written offer.