Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Novartis Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

Human Resources Director Interview

SImple and easy; they were dazzled by rich anecdotes and optics, not so much on substance.

Interview Questions
    • Philosophical querstions, like "what do you believe is the purpose of..."   Answer Question
    No negotiating. They came in with an offer that was their best and final, which I thought was fair.

Finance Manager Interview

There is a interview guide with set questions from HR, but no input from HR so the STAR questions "tell me of a time" are not coordinated from interviewer to interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Typical "tell me why you are looking" "tell me of a time when you had to.... and so on and so on."   Answer Question
    Not any negotiation and the hiring manager wouldn't even give 24 hours to think about it. I had to do a verbal yes on the phone before seeing the written offer.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

I was able to get an interview because of a friend. The district manager was fine, but the regional manager was tough. He kept glancing at my watch and made me feel unwanted and under valued. I ending up getting the job, but I swore I was out.

No, I tried to negotiate because it was 8k lower than where I was at; however, I was unemployed at the time and they told me there were five more people lined up to take my job and that was all they could give me since I had barely two years of sales experience.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in April 2014.

I wasnot able to have a in-person 1:1 discussion with my hiring manager, just had a phone interview with the person.
    One of the people interviewing me didnot see my CV in advance, instead skimmed over it in front of me.
    Had an impression that people are quite aloof in the department and not that welcoming to a candidate

Interview Questions
    • 1.You have worked in so many places, what is it that you are looking for?
      2. Describe a situation where you were involved in a work place conflict and how did you solve it.

Answer Question

Neuroscience Sales Specialist Interview

It was a casual interview. No trip up questions. Asked more about my needs and goals for myself. Seemed more interested in my level of understanding of the position and my business approach.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember any difficult questions. They were all inquiring about my approach to business. I was honest so they were easy and the interviewer seemed to recognize that.   Answer Question

Clinical Safety Scientist Interview

I had 3 rounds of interviews

Director Interview

Worked as consultant and moved into permanent position

Interview Questions
    • Since I was there as a consultant, I did not have a formal interview process   Answer Question
    N/A

Formulation Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in January 2014.

Was interviewed by 2 scientists and 1 HR person. The interview with one of the scientist was an on-site phone interview which caught me totally by surprise as I was not expecting that. The interview went fine but the phone interview with the PI was a difficult one. No technical questions asked. Only behavioral.

Associate Scientist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in January 2014.

It was a scientific interview. Discussed about my past experience in detail. Met wil all the senior scientists and directors. Its easier to find a job if you have good amount of experience relavant to the job opening

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Production Support Specialist Interview

fairly easy process, 4 interviewers, from staff to direct manager, diector and VP. In and out about 2 hours.