Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

Project Manager (Contractor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in November 2013.

Contacted by a recruiter for several positions within company. Process took about two months, since there were management changes as well as waiting for my new position to vacate.
    Interviewed with associate director, department manager and several of the permanent employees of the department, after almost 2.5 hrs, we all got along well during the interview and it was the right "fit".

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle multiple high priority projects? Which one do you choose when they are all important?   View Answer
    I gave my recruiter my salary requirements and the position I applied for was within the range.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interviewed by 5 people over 2 different days - all were very nice and asked good appropriate questions.

What was poor - no job description, no roles/responsibilities, no clear description of day to day. As a result there was a lot of role confusion & nothing on running a project was written down.

While I was paid well, the marketability of what I was doing wouldn't translate well outside Novartis.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the flow of work at prior positions.   View Answer

Clinical Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interviewers hadn't read my resume. Was not clear who the hiring manager was. It has taken an absurdly long time to hear back about the position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Bio Statistician Interview

Phone interview, followed by HR phone interview, followed by on site interview. Hiring for rrecent PhDs

Vice President Interview

First interview was with recruiter, followed by a face to face with manager and a separate with peers on the team. Overall a pretty standard interview process with the standard questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you were shrunk to the size of a pencil and put in a blender, how would you get out?   View Answer

Statistician Intern Interview

It took about one hour. The contents of the job is introduced in details. Discuss about the problems to be solved in intern and research experience of the related work are asked. Then the projects in the resume are asked. No specific technical questions are asked. It took about two weeks to process.

Drug Safety Internship Interview

You are interviewed by three people separately. The interviews are 15 to 30 minutes long and it is very fair. They go through your resume and ask situational questions. They seemed to really like writing experience. The question I got caught up on is when they asked where the headquarters of Novartis is. I understandable should have memorized that ahead of time.

Interview Questions
    • Where is the headquarters of Novartis?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Star format

Interview Questions
    • what do you do when a doctor closes the door on your face   View Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in March 2013.

The hiring process is 3 steps. 1) HR phone screen, 2) 1x1 phone interview with hiring manager, 3) 1x1 live with hiring manager, 4) last interview is with second level up manager.

Interview Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interviewed very few colleagues. Questions were focused on ability to perform the task to general understanding of pharma business to personality/attitude. Job required understanding/experience in specific area. Former relationship - since I worked there as a consultant - certainly helped close the deal. Interviews now might be tougher as positions are few and number of candidates applying are more.

Interview Questions
    • None real hard questions. Since I was working as a consultant I was quite aware of the requirements and also few of the managers. They too had an understanding of what my capabilities were. Negotiation was difficult as they were able to see the potential opportunity   Answer Question
    very little