Novartis Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

3.1

Interview

SImple and easy; they were dazzled by rich anecdotes and optics, not so much on substance.

Interview Questions

• Philosophical querstions, like "what do you believe is the purpose of..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. They came in with an offer that was their best and final, which I thought was fair.

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

There is a interview guide with set questions from HR, but no input from HR so the STAR questions "tell me of a time" are not coordinated from interviewer to interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Typical "tell me why you are looking" "tell me of a time when you had to.... and so on and so on."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not any negotiation and the hiring manager wouldn't even give 24 hours to think about it. I had to do a verbal yes on the phone before seeing the written offer.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

I was able to get an interview because of a friend. The district manager was fine, but the regional manager was tough. He kept glancing at my watch and made me feel unwanted and under valued. I ending up getting the job, but I swore I was out.

Negotiation

No, I tried to negotiate because it was 8k lower than where I was at; however, I was unemployed at the time and they told me there were five more people lined up to take my job and that was all they could give me since I had barely two years of sales experience.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

I wasnot able to have a in-person 1:1 discussion with my hiring manager, just had a phone interview with the person. One of the people interviewing me didnot see my CV in advance, instead skimmed over it in front of me. Had an impression that people are quite aloof in the department and not that welcoming to a candidate

Interview Questions

• 1.You have worked in so many places, what is it that you are looking for? 2. Describe a situation where you were involved in a work place conflict and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

It was a casual interview. No trip up questions. Asked more about my needs and goals for myself. Seemed more interested in my level of understanding of the position and my business approach.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any difficult questions. They were all inquiring about my approach to business. I was honest so they were easy and the interviewer seemed to recognize that.   Answer Question

Interview

I had 3 rounds of interviews

Director Interview

Interview

Worked as consultant and moved into permanent position

Interview Questions

• Since I was there as a consultant, I did not have a formal interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Formulation Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Was interviewed by 2 scientists and 1 HR person. The interview with one of the scientist was an on-site phone interview which caught me totally by surprise as I was not expecting that. The interview went fine but the phone interview with the PI was a difficult one. No technical questions asked. Only behavioral.

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in January 2014.

Interview

It was a scientific interview. Discussed about my past experience in detail. Met wil all the senior scientists and directors. Its easier to find a job if you have good amount of experience relavant to the job opening

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Interview

fairly easy process, 4 interviewers, from staff to direct manager, diector and VP. In and out about 2 hours.