Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

3.1

Neuroscience Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

It was a casual interview. No trip up questions. Asked more about my needs and goals for myself. Seemed more interested in my level of understanding of the position and my business approach.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember any difficult questions. They were all inquiring about my approach to business. I was honest so they were easy and the interviewer seemed to recognize that.   Answer Question

Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in March 2011.

The initial contact by HR was very professional. When I went for my F2F, the hiring manager was no where to be found. The receptionist, after calling around finally found someone to escort me into the building. I was interviewed by a women who had not prepared any questions and she picked at her nails throughout the interview. The manager finally arrived and I was lead to her office.

Clinical Safety Scientist Interview

I had 3 rounds of interviews

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in August 2012.

Hiring process was smooth and easy, met a lot of great people and had a lot of feedback along the way. I wish every interview process was as positive. all of the face to face meetings were local and traveling wasn't an issue. The hiring manager got right back to me with an answer.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't a lot of unexpected questions that came up in the interview. There were a lot of Star related questions, so be prepared to explain your answers and related experience. Also It was strongly recommended to have top performing numbers most recently in the last 1-2 years and be ready to discuss the opportunities and challenges with this industry.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in March 2013.

The hiring process is 3 steps. 1) HR phone screen, 2) 1x1 phone interview with hiring manager, 3) 1x1 live with hiring manager, 4) last interview is with second level up manager.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in February 2011.

Get into the interview process by working your network of contacts. Unless your sales pedigree matches specifically what the HR recruiter is seeking , you will not likely receive a call back regarding your application. If you impress the hiring manager, they likely have the majority of influence on the decision. The decision ultimately needs to be cleared by the HR business partner and the sales director. At times, the opinion of other managers may be sought out so as to make the interview process transparent and without bias. Novartis has been the target of many discrimination lawsuits. They take everything very seriously.

Interview Questions
    • I've been interviewing people for the past 3 days. Everyone I have interviewed has had at least 10 years of pharmaceutical sales experience with the exception of you. Why should I hire you?   View Answer
    It would have been better if I had asked for a specific number in my counter offer. The hiring manager passed me off to the HR business partner who calculated my starting salary based upon the industry from which I came. I had not additional offer from a different company so I had no leverage for negotiation. I accepted the offer after a failed negotiation. I quickly excelled in the role and my salary has increased by 18% since starting 2.5 years ago.

Director Interview

Worked as consultant and moved into permanent position

Interview Questions
    • Since I was there as a consultant, I did not have a formal interview process   Answer Question
    N/A

Regional Scientific Manager/Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in January 2013.

There was a typical phone screening with the hiring manager that occurred roughly four to six weeks prior to the actual interview. The phone screen was a good two-way conversation about the position and my background. The phone screen occurred just prior to the Christmas Holiday season, so there was a bit of a break in the dialog afterwards, but things picked up rapidly in the new year. The hiring manager held several brief phone calls before scheduling an in-person interview. By the time the interview came about, I believe that both the hiring manager and I had already reached a decision over the course of several phone calls. The interview process including travel was first class. The interview consisted of several sessions with various individuals and a presentation (clinical topic of my choice).

Production Support Specialist Interview

fairly easy process, 4 interviewers, from staff to direct manager, diector and VP. In and out about 2 hours.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interviewed by 5 people over 2 different days - all were very nice and asked good appropriate questions.

What was poor - no job description, no roles/responsibilities, no clear description of day to day. As a result there was a lot of role confusion & nothing on running a project was written down.

While I was paid well, the marketability of what I was doing wouldn't translate well outside Novartis.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the flow of work at prior positions.   View Answer