Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Senior Sales Consultant
Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in August 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was smooth and easy, met a lot of great people and had a lot of feedback along the way. I wish every interview process was as positive. all of the face to face meetings were local and traveling wasn't an issue. The hiring manager got right back to me with an answer.

Interview Question – There weren't a lot of unexpected questions that came up in the interview. There were a lot of Star related questions, so be prepared to explain your answers and related experience. Also It was strongly recommended to have top performing numbers most recently in the last 1-2 years and be ready to discuss the opportunities and challenges with this industry.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist
Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in March 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is 3 steps. 1) HR phone screen, 2) 1x1 phone interview with hiring manager, 3) 1x1 live with hiring manager, 4) last interview is with second level up manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you inspired someone?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in February 2011.

Interview Details – Get into the interview process by working your network of contacts. Unless your sales pedigree matches specifically what the HR recruiter is seeking , you will not likely receive a call back regarding your application. If you impress the hiring manager, they likely have the majority of influence on the decision. The decision ultimately needs to be cleared by the HR business partner and the sales director. At times, the opinion of other managers may be sought out so as to make the interview process transparent and without bias. Novartis has been the target of many discrimination lawsuits. They take everything very seriously.

Interview Question – I've been interviewing people for the past 3 days. Everyone I have interviewed has had at least 10 years of pharmaceutical sales experience with the exception of you. Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It would have been better if I had asked for a specific number in my counter offer. The hiring manager passed me off to the HR business partner who calculated my starting salary based upon the industry from which I came. I had not additional offer from a different company so I had no leverage for negotiation. I accepted the offer after a failed negotiation. I quickly excelled in the role and my salary has increased by 18% since starting 2.5 years ago.

Director Interview

Director

Interview Details – Worked as consultant and moved into permanent position

Interview Question – Since I was there as a consultant, I did not have a formal interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Regional Scientific Manager/Director Interview

Regional Scientific Manager/Director
East Hanover, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in January 2013.

Interview Details – There was a typical phone screening with the hiring manager that occurred roughly four to six weeks prior to the actual interview. The phone screen was a good two-way conversation about the position and my background. The phone screen occurred just prior to the Christmas Holiday season, so there was a bit of a break in the dialog afterwards, but things picked up rapidly in the new year. The hiring manager held several brief phone calls before scheduling an in-person interview. By the time the interview came about, I believe that both the hiring manager and I had already reached a decision over the course of several phone calls. The interview process including travel was first class. The interview consisted of several sessions with various individuals and a presentation (clinical topic of my choice).

Interview Question – None were too difficult   Answer Question

Production Support Specialist Interview

Production Support Specialist

Interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Interview Details – fairly easy process, 4 interviewers, from staff to direct manager, diector and VP. In and out about 2 hours.

Interview Question – what is ODBC   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
East Hanover, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – Interviewed by 5 people over 2 different days - all were very nice and asked good appropriate questions.

What was poor - no job description, no roles/responsibilities, no clear description of day to day. As a result there was a lot of role confusion & nothing on running a project was written down.

While I was paid well, the marketability of what I was doing wouldn't translate well outside Novartis.

Interview Question – Describe the flow of work at prior positions.   Answer Question

Clinical Scientist Interview

Clinical Scientist

I applied online and interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – Interviewers hadn't read my resume. Was not clear who the hiring manager was. It has taken an absurdly long time to hear back about the position.

Interview Question – None of the questions were too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was finishing my MBA and had left my resume on a website that I was assigned to analyze. As soon as I graduated, I was contacted by a recruiter to be considered for a sales position. I had an initial interview with my district manager and he seemed pleasant and was really impressed. He then sent me to speak with the regional director and he was very poker faced and seemed really mean. As I walk to my car, my district manager said "what did you say to him because I never seen him this impressed and he offered me the job.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how would I handle getting access to a "no see" physician.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because I was really excited to be hired. Knowing what I know now I would have been a little more savvy with negotiating.

Senior Bio Statistician Interview

Senior Bio Statistician

Interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by HR phone interview, followed by on site interview. Hiring for rrecent PhDs

Interview Question – FDA Protocol   View Answer