Novartis Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

3.1

Interview

Phone interview, followed by HR phone interview, followed by on site interview. Hiring for rrecent PhDs

Vice President Interview

Interview

First interview was with recruiter, followed by a face to face with manager and a separate with peers on the team. Overall a pretty standard interview process with the standard questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were shrunk to the size of a pencil and put in a blender, how would you get out?   1 Answer

Statistician Intern Interview

Interview

It took about one hour. The contents of the job is introduced in details. Discuss about the problems to be solved in intern and research experience of the related work are asked. Then the projects in the resume are asked. No specific technical questions are asked. It took about two weeks to process.

Interview Questions

Interview

You are interviewed by three people separately. The interviews are 15 to 30 minutes long and it is very fair. They go through your resume and ask situational questions. They seemed to really like writing experience. The question I got caught up on is when they asked where the headquarters of Novartis is. I understandable should have memorized that ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• Where is the headquarters of Novartis?   1 Answer

Interview

Star format

Interview Questions

• what do you do when a doctor closes the door on your face   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is 3 steps. 1) HR phone screen, 2) 1x1 phone interview with hiring manager, 3) 1x1 live with hiring manager, 4) last interview is with second level up manager.

Interview Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Interviewed very few colleagues. Questions were focused on ability to perform the task to general understanding of pharma business to personality/attitude. Job required understanding/experience in specific area. Former relationship - since I worked there as a consultant - certainly helped close the deal. Interviews now might be tougher as positions are few and number of candidates applying are more.

Interview Questions

• None real hard questions. Since I was working as a consultant I was quite aware of the requirements and also few of the managers. They too had an understanding of what my capabilities were. Negotiation was difficult as they were able to see the potential opportunity   Answer Question

Negotiation

very little

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I was contacted by a head hunter for an initial interview. Two days later, I had a phone interview with a consultant working for Novartis. The following business day, I had a phone interview with the HR department. At the end of that conversation, I was requested to attend an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• There really were no challenging questions. I was asked what Technical skills I bring to the table after I had just talked for 10 minutes about my technical background   1 Answer

Biomarker Trial Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Florham Park, NJ).

Interview

First had a phone interview where the hiring manger went over the aspects of the job and I askd a few questions. Then contacted for a face to face interview after setting up travel accomodations. The interview was based on the STAR technique using behavioral/situational interviewing. Interviewed with 5 people, no peer interviewing at Novartis (no one doing the job I was interviwing for).

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions like "Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person, or a time that things did not work out in the way you expected them to, tell me about a time when you were on a deadline", etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was contacted by the HR person I met during the interview and she told me about the offer. I told her I was comfortable with the bonus, vacation, holidays, retirement, but the salary was a little lower than I was expecting with my education and work experience. She went back to the hiring manager and came back with a higher offer, which I accepted.

Regional Scientific Manager/Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (East Hanover, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

There was a typical phone screening with the hiring manager that occurred roughly four to six weeks prior to the actual interview. The phone screen was a good two-way conversation about the position and my background. The phone screen occurred just prior to the Christmas Holiday season, so there was a bit of a break in the dialog afterwards, but things picked up rapidly in the new year. The hiring manager held several brief phone calls before scheduling an in-person interview. By the time the interview came about, I believe that both the hiring manager and I had already reached a decision over the course of several phone calls. The interview process including travel was first class. The interview consisted of several sessions with various individuals and a presentation (clinical topic of my choice).