Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Getting the Interview

113 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interview Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – Interviewed very few colleagues. Questions were focused on ability to perform the task to general understanding of pharma business to personality/attitude. Job required understanding/experience in specific area. Former relationship - since I worked there as a consultant - certainly helped close the deal. Interviews now might be tougher as positions are few and number of candidates applying are more.

Interview Question – None real hard questions. Since I was working as a consultant I was quite aware of the requirements and also few of the managers. They too had an understanding of what my capabilities were. Negotiation was difficult as they were able to see the potential opportunity   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very little

Quality Manager Interview

Omaha, NE

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a head hunter for an initial interview. Two days later, I had a phone interview with a consultant working for Novartis. The following business day, I had a phone interview with the HR department. At the end of that conversation, I was requested to attend an on-site interview.

Interview Question – There really were no challenging questions. I was asked what Technical skills I bring to the table after I had just talked for 10 minutes about my technical background   View Answer

Biomarker Trial Head Interview

Florham Park, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview where the hiring manger went over the aspects of the job and I askd a few questions. Then contacted for a face to face interview after setting up travel accomodations. The interview was based on the STAR technique using behavioral/situational interviewing. Interviewed with 5 people, no peer interviewing at Novartis (no one doing the job I was interviwing for).

Interview Question – Mostly questions like "Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person, or a time that things did not work out in the way you expected them to, tell me about a time when you were on a deadline", etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was contacted by the HR person I met during the interview and she told me about the offer. I told her I was comfortable with the bonus, vacation, holidays, retirement, but the salary was a little lower than I was expecting with my education and work experience. She went back to the hiring manager and came back with a higher offer, which I accepted.

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in September 2008.

Interview Details – One phone screen with the hiring manager. A face to face interview with the hiring manager and the person that would ultimately be my counterpart in the territory. An interview with a colleague of the hiring manager. Then an offer, first via cell phone, then followed up with a written offer via FedEx!

Interview Question – What was your favorite subject that you studied in college and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I should have pushed to start out as a Senior Rep instead of having to wait to be progressed.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Toledo, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in April 2012.

Interview Details – 4 step interview process. HR screen, manager, seperate manager, then regional manager. They use a behavior based interview model. Answer all question using the STAR model.

Interview Question – "With physician access being an issue in today's pharmaceutical sales market in the past what have you done to overcome this."   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Administrative Assistant III
Florham Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in March 2012.

Interview Details – Contract position. Interviewed by related administrative staff. Had to follow-up to see if they wanted to offer the contract position. They did, and offered a start date.

Interview Question – None. Typical, straight forward work related questions referencing my specific experience as an executive assistant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. This is a temporary contract position.

Quality Analyst Interview

Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in November 2011.

Interview Details – 1- Phone interview w/ manager

Negotiation Details – It was very smooth

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Senior Sales Consultant
Honolulu, HI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in June 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a good experience. Interviewing with the district manager was an overall good experience. I took a little longer than I had hoped for but it turned out great for me in the end. I was up against some very strong candidates and I was lucky to make it through the interview process and being selected by the district manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about the time you had a difficult doctor to deal with and what you did to deal with them, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiating the base salary.

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales
Los Angeles, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in December 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen, a live one-hour interview with the manager, the a live one-hour interview with the regional sales manager in Dallas. It was all very easy and straightforward.

Interview Question – What would you do if a colleague did something unethical?   View Answer

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Sourcing Specialist
East Hanover, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was well orgazned, and the intervier were professional. the job interviewed was offered to an internal candidate.

Interview Questions