Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Updated Dec 2, 2014

3.1

Biomarker Trial Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

First had a phone interview where the hiring manger went over the aspects of the job and I askd a few questions. Then contacted for a face to face interview after setting up travel accomodations. The interview was based on the STAR technique using behavioral/situational interviewing. Interviewed with 5 people, no peer interviewing at Novartis (no one doing the job I was interviwing for).

Interview Questions
    • Mostly questions like "Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person, or a time that things did not work out in the way you expected them to, tell me about a time when you were on a deadline", etc.   Answer Question
    I was contacted by the HR person I met during the interview and she told me about the offer. I told her I was comfortable with the bonus, vacation, holidays, retirement, but the salary was a little lower than I was expecting with my education and work experience. She went back to the hiring manager and came back with a higher offer, which I accepted.

Regional Scientific Manager/Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in January 2013.

There was a typical phone screening with the hiring manager that occurred roughly four to six weeks prior to the actual interview. The phone screen was a good two-way conversation about the position and my background. The phone screen occurred just prior to the Christmas Holiday season, so there was a bit of a break in the dialog afterwards, but things picked up rapidly in the new year. The hiring manager held several brief phone calls before scheduling an in-person interview. By the time the interview came about, I believe that both the hiring manager and I had already reached a decision over the course of several phone calls. The interview process including travel was first class. The interview consisted of several sessions with various individuals and a presentation (clinical topic of my choice).

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in December 2012.

They were quick and respectful of your time. Worked with me to find a convenient time for me not the other way around. 1st phone interview then the next day the second interview.

Learning Management Systems Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in September 2012.

I had an initial phone interview with the temp agency. Then an in person interview with 4 people on site.

I did not negotiate

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in August 2012.

Hiring process was smooth and easy, met a lot of great people and had a lot of feedback along the way. I wish every interview process was as positive. all of the face to face meetings were local and traveling wasn't an issue. The hiring manager got right back to me with an answer.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't a lot of unexpected questions that came up in the interview. There were a lot of Star related questions, so be prepared to explain your answers and related experience. Also It was strongly recommended to have top performing numbers most recently in the last 1-2 years and be ready to discuss the opportunities and challenges with this industry.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in August 2012.

I was interviewed by some male manager with the other Omaha rep present, too. The hiring manager was awful, and never called me back as he promised he would.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in July 2012.

Submit the resume online, then within one week, got the phone interview. Talk about my resume and projects. Went very well, then talk about when I can come to work. Since I cannot graduate in three month. They passed me. I worked on cardiac Physiology. So need some special technique!!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in April 2012.

4 step interview process. HR screen, manager, seperate manager, then regional manager. They use a behavior based interview model. Answer all question using the STAR model.

Interview Questions
    • "With physician access being an issue in today's pharmaceutical sales market in the past what have you done to overcome this."   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in March 2012.

Contract position. Interviewed by related administrative staff. Had to follow-up to see if they wanted to offer the contract position. They did, and offered a start date.

Interview Questions
    • None. Typical, straight forward work related questions referencing my specific experience as an executive assistant.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. This is a temporary contract position.

Manufacturing Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holly Springs, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holly Springs, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in November 2011.

I applied for the position online. I received a phone call asking if I was still interested in the position. After saying yes, an interview at the plant was scheduled. The interview process was around 3.5 hours. It consisted of 4 separate interviews; 3 one on one interviews and 1 three on one interview. The first interview was with the Operations Manager. The second interview was with the Manufacturing Supervisor. The third interview was with three shift supervisors and the final interview was with an HR representative. The process was exhausting and time consuming but not difficult. Each interviewer asks some of the same questions but they throw in their own questions.

Interview Questions
    • The question I found most difficult was the "name your weaknesses" question.   Answer Question