Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Updated Dec 16, 2014

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in November 2011.

1- Phone interview w/ manager
    2- on site visit
    4- Panel interview with team members and HR
    6- Offer

It was very smooth

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in June 2011.

The hiring process was a good experience. Interviewing with the district manager was an overall good experience. I took a little longer than I had hoped for but it turned out great for me in the end. I was up against some very strong candidates and I was lucky to make it through the interview process and being selected by the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the time you had a difficult doctor to deal with and what you did to deal with them, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No room for negotiating the base salary.

Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in March 2011.

The initial contact by HR was very professional. When I went for my F2F, the hiring manager was no where to be found. The receptionist, after calling around finally found someone to escort me into the building. I was interviewed by a women who had not prepared any questions and she picked at her nails throughout the interview. The manager finally arrived and I was lead to her office.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in February 2011.

Get into the interview process by working your network of contacts. Unless your sales pedigree matches specifically what the HR recruiter is seeking , you will not likely receive a call back regarding your application. If you impress the hiring manager, they likely have the majority of influence on the decision. The decision ultimately needs to be cleared by the HR business partner and the sales director. At times, the opinion of other managers may be sought out so as to make the interview process transparent and without bias. Novartis has been the target of many discrimination lawsuits. They take everything very seriously.

Interview Questions
    • I've been interviewing people for the past 3 days. Everyone I have interviewed has had at least 10 years of pharmaceutical sales experience with the exception of you. Why should I hire you?   View Answer
    It would have been better if I had asked for a specific number in my counter offer. The hiring manager passed me off to the HR business partner who calculated my starting salary based upon the industry from which I came. I had not additional offer from a different company so I had no leverage for negotiation. I accepted the offer after a failed negotiation. I quickly excelled in the role and my salary has increased by 18% since starting 2.5 years ago.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffern, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffern, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in February 2011.

I had two interviews. Started from the production floor, moved into QA and then returned to the PU to support TD deliverables. We discussed the current challenges ahead for the role and the timelines.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in December 2010.

Behavioral questions based on 5-7 competencies. Key is leadership, and teamwork.
    Series of 2 interviews, one led by HR other by a technical person but the tone of both interviews was similar.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. take it or leave it attitude.

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in December 2010.

I had a phone screen, a live one-hour interview with the manager, the a live one-hour interview with the regional sales manager in Dallas. It was all very easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a colleague did something unethical?   View Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in October 2010.

First phone interview, mainly on your experience and skill sets, talk about the projects you did.
    Then on-site interview with panel staff. It is also required to take drug test and background check. The whole process took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There could be a couple of relative challenging questions, but overall not difficult.   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in August 2010.

Behavior-style interviews: situation task/obstacle, action, result

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of something at which you failed   View Answer
    took a very long time from beginnign to end

Expert Clinical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in August 2010.

Hiring Manager Phone interview for 15 min and asked for personal interview.
    I flew to Boston and had panel interview 6 people and 45min each person.
    Mostly general experiance questions and work related and Job Description related.
    They are not organiged as they think and they promote internal candidates. They will not consider out siders for higher level positions. Managers over there not experianced and they changed couple of jobs in every three years and climbed up rather than contribution to the field.

Interview Questions
    • Hr manager asking for some thing happened in your experiance that the senior level vp apprecaited your work?   View Answer