Novartis Pharmaceuticals

www.pharma.us.novartis.com

Novartis Pharmaceuticals Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in July 2008.

Interview Details – After an initial phone interview with the director of the postdoc program, I was invited for an on-site interview and presentation. During the on-site interview, I met with a 8 - 10 investigators and 2-4 current postdocs. It was not clear if all of the investigators were interested in taking a postdoc or if they were evaluating me. As it turns out, there was probably just two who were considering me. It took more than 6 weeks for them to get back to me. The final hurdle in the Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship program is to be invited to write a proposal. The proposal writing phase of the application is slow. I completed the proposal in 2 - 3 weeks, but it took 4 months to get final clearance of the proposal and receive an actual offer. The procedure is slow and not efficient.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do a postdoc in industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All the postdocs get the same starting salary. There may be some negotiation in the relocation package - but mine was very generous.

Worked for Novartis Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!