Novartis Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

STAR format - a panel of two managers or more if needed. Pleasant but nerve recking. They are straight forward about the information that they are looking for. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to give solid examples of your work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did need to negotiate my starting salary. The process went back and forth three times. I was looking for more time off which I did not get but after 1 year the PTO was adjusted to provide more time.

Other Interview Reviews for Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Star format

Interview Questions

• what do you do when a doctor closes the door on your face   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Omaha, NE) in August 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by some male manager with the other Omaha rep present, too. The hiring manager was awful, and never called me back as he promised he would.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Toledo, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

4 step interview process. HR screen, manager, seperate manager, then regional manager. They use a behavior based interview model. Answer all question using the STAR model.

Interview Questions

• "With physician access being an issue in today's pharmaceutical sales market in the past what have you done to overcome this."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Miami, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

I started with a phone interview with a recruiter. I then proceeded to a face to face interview with the hiring manager. I then had a second face to face interview with another district manager in the area. I then had the opportunity to spend a day in the field with a future colleague. I was then flown to Atlanta, to interview with the regional director for the division. At that point, all of the interview process was completed. Within a week, I received a call from the recruiter with an offer which I accepted. I then received a phone call from the hiring manager. I was officially hired.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Cleveland, OH) in April 2009.

Interview

I was invited to attend a "cattle call" type interview at mid-level hotel ballroom. After telling the audience about the company and position, the host asked who wanted a position. At that point, what they are really looking for is go-getters to get up and get in line - literally, it took all of us about 60 seconds to "get it", but eventually everyone got up and got in a big line. As you worked your way to the front, you were asked to give a 30 second commercial of yourself, if you pass this test, they invite you to another room to talk to two company recruiters, if you pass this test, they schedule an interview at a later time with two other recruiters. At the call back interview, they ask you to bring your grades, and all other proof of acheivement. This is as far as I decided to go. It was obvious that they are looking to see how aggressive you are, without being offensive and pushy. If, in the ballroom, you can't get their attention in 30 seconds, the assumption is, you won't be able to get a docs attention either.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Austin, TX) in September 2008.

Interview

Literally a 4 minute interview thru a job fair. Will never attend one of those again. Interviewer had a set lis of questions, about 8, and the interview was then over. Never heard back from them.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Stockton, CA) in August 2007.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face, ride along, another face to face and finally with regional manager

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Athens (Greece)).

Interview

A friend of mine who was already working at Novartis told me about this work opportunity and i filed for the job. They called me just once at the headquarters of Athens and i got the job at the very same day.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected but difficult: ''how would you manage the following situation.....''   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Hiring process is still done at a local level,which is a plus, since some companies do not give the local managers any input.It is still a relatively low-pressure environment (no panel interviews), but it can depend entirely on the hiring manager. Get the word on the manager before your interview from anyone you can. Be prepared to answer questions on disease state, competition, relationships in territory, and especially past performance.

Interview Questions

• Having to give a brief sales presentation on the spot from a detail piece never seen before!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at he time. It was my first pharmaceutical position.