Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Novartis Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Star format

Interview Questions
  • what do you do when a doctor closes the door on your face   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in August 2012.

I was interviewed by some male manager with the other Omaha rep present, too. The hiring manager was awful, and never called me back as he promised he would.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in April 2012.

4 step interview process. HR screen, manager, seperate manager, then regional manager. They use a behavior based interview model. Answer all question using the STAR model.

Interview Questions
    • "With physician access being an issue in today's pharmaceutical sales market in the past what have you done to overcome this."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in April 2009.

I was invited to attend a "cattle call" type interview at mid-level hotel ballroom. After telling the audience about the company and position, the host asked who wanted a position. At that point, what they are really looking for is go-getters to get up and get in line - literally, it took all of us about 60 seconds to "get it", but eventually everyone got up and got in a big line. As you worked your way to the front, you were asked to give a 30 second commercial of yourself, if you pass this test, they invite you to another room to talk to two company recruiters, if you pass this test, they schedule an interview at a later time with two other recruiters. At the call back interview, they ask you to bring your grades, and all other proof of acheivement. This is as far as I decided to go. It was obvious that they are looking to see how aggressive you are, without being offensive and pushy. If, in the ballroom, you can't get their attention in 30 seconds, the assumption is, you won't be able to get a docs attention either.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in September 2008.

Literally a 4 minute interview thru a job fair. Will never attend one of those again. Interviewer had a set lis of questions, about 8, and the interview was then over. Never heard back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in August 2007.

Phone interview, face to face, ride along, another face to face and finally with regional manager

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

A friend of mine who was already working at Novartis told me about this work opportunity and i filed for the job. They called me just once at the headquarters of Athens and i got the job at the very same day.

Interview Questions
    • Not unexpected but difficult: ''how would you manage the following situation.....''   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

Hiring process is still done at a local level,which is a plus, since some companies do not give the local managers any input.It is still a relatively low-pressure environment (no panel interviews), but it can depend entirely on the hiring manager. Get the word on the manager before your interview from anyone you can. Be prepared to answer questions on disease state, competition, relationships in territory, and especially past performance.

Interview Questions
    • Having to give a brief sales presentation on the spot from a detail piece never seen before!   Answer Question
    No negotiation at he time. It was my first pharmaceutical position.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in October 2010.

They had two interviews with two managers. After that they fly you up to talk to the regional that you would be working under. The first two interviews went quickly. The regional was more of a rubber stamp process. The overall experience was pleasant enough for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was an obstacle that you had to overcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me when you succeeded at something that you didn't want to do.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in April 2010.

The interview process was simple. I interviewed with two managers. After that interview I went to see the Regional manager and I had an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • My abiltity to sell a product and disease state that was new.   View Answer
    I had been laid off from my previous employer so I was unable to negotiate but I did get paid more than my previous company