Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Very Easy Interview

Scientist Interview

Scientist
San Carlos, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in March 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through one of the job boards then received the call from the hiring manager in a week. I was then called for a personal interview (half a day) with five people (RA, SRA, Scientist, hiring manager and Director) 1:1 talk. Almost all of them felt that I was overqualified for the position and they frankly told me that. Anyways, it went on well and I already got the feeling that they might go for another candidate. In a week, I received the email from HR/HM that they went for another candidate suitable to the job description. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Question – How would you solve a problem between two co-workers that you manage?   View Answer

Scientist Interview

Scientist
East Hanover, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in April 2009.

Interview Details – I had to give a 30 minute seminar for an MS level bench scientist position. It was an all day interview consisting of the seminar (~40 minutes) and 30 minute meetings with individual team members, up to the VP, as well as a tour of the facilities. We had lunch in the the company cafeteria, courtesy of the department, and the food was above average. Overall, it was a good interview experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined due to personal circumstances. Otherwise, I would have gladly accepted the offer.

Worked for Novartis Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!