Novartis Scientific Associate I Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Novartis (Cambridge, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position through the website in July 2013. I got contacted by the director end of August 2013. We set up a phone interview where we talked about my qualifications and future plans. In a week, I was asked to come down to Boston and I had a full day interview from 830 AM-3 PM. I met about half hour interviews with multiple managers, a presentation and an informal lunch interview. I was asked a bunch of questions regarding my resume and a variety of behavioral questions (strengths, weakness, conflict etc etc). I got an offer letter 2 weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in industry instead of pursuing a PhD   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered me way more than average market salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Novartis

Scientific Associate I Interview

Interview

Initial phone screen basically reviewing resume. Followed by in person interview with group and supervisor - again very basic involving past experience.

Interview Questions

• This is an entry level job pretty much so no technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novartis (Cambridge, MA) in September 2009.

Interview

After applying for the position, I had an inital 20-30 minute phone interivew with my prospective manager. I was then invited for an on-site interview, which lasted all day (9am-3pm). The on-site interivew consisted of giving a 45min presentation to the department, and six 1:1 interviews with various managers within the department. There was a more informal Q&A session with associates durning the lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficulty you have had related to your work, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Scientific Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basel (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novartis (Basel (Switzerland)) in August 2011.

Interview

Was invited to a 1:1 very shortly after the online submission, without a phone interview or any other communication. The actual interview process was very enjoyable and well organized. It consisted of a total of 6 45 minute interviews with 9 people structured top-to-bottom (Directors first, then mid-level management, and HR at last). Some of those were 2:1 and others 1:1. The whole process took about 5 hours, and I was chaperoned from one interview location to another all the time. Most of the questions were related to my previous research experience, mixed with some behavioural questions (conflict resolution, biggest difficulties with former employer, toughest obstacle you ever overcame etc.). The overall impression was very positive, although it was nearly impossible for me to judge what exactly they were looking for. I was very proud about my Masters Degree which I have recently obtained being in the top 10% percentile of my class, but it seemed completely irrelevant during the interview process. They were only interested that I do have a Master, but there were no questions asked about it whatsoever. Overall, it was very positive and I was hopeful, but after about 4 weeks got a "No".

Interview Questions

• I have seen that you have published this paper on this topic in 20.. . I am interested in this research. Can you please describe in detail a certain thing.   1 Answer
    • A certain scientific method was done a certain way in the 1970s, what has changed in all this time? Why the 21st century method is better than the one used before?   1 Answer

Scientific Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novartis in August 2009.

Interview

1 hour HR interview followed by 1hr managers/technical interview and then lunch/tour with the team