Novatel Wireless

Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Novatel Wireless in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process is pretty simple. Meet with several of potential peers. There are several questions pertaining to though process and some experience questions.

Interview Question – How to solve a logic problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick and over the phone. When I accepted I didn't know there is room for negotiation.

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novatel Wireless in August 2011.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews, 8 round of face to face interview ,It was more technical. all interviews were very technically sound.

Interview Question – Frequency search algorithm   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Novatel Wireless in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process at Novatel Wireless was predictable. I met with my hiring manager in product management, with human resources and with some other groups - program management and engineering. The teams wanted to make sure I was fit for the job and the climate was very positive and open for discussion and questions.

Interview Question – I can't recall the specifics, this was over 5 years ago. However, I recall the questions about my knowledge of manufacturing being the most difficult. In 2007, it had been over 8 years since I had worked in a group that did manufacturing.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
San Diego, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Novatel Wireless in September 2010.

Interview Details – on-site interview consist of two 1:1 interviews. started around 10am until 1pm. Met with the director then with the group manager and members.
mostly talked about their products. Asked few technical questions... nothing out of ordinary.

Interview Question – aGPS   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation!

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Novatel Wireless in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and received email from hiring manager to set up phone interview within the next day. Phone interview went well, the hiring manager was very professional and said they would contact me to set up face-to-face interview. Within 7 days their admin sent me the interview schedule to take place in 7 days. Face-to-face was with VP SW Engineering, HR manager, hiring manager (Dir. PM). Was professionally greeted by receptionist who was aware of my interview. Within a few minutes the HR manager appeared to show me to the interview room. The VP was late so I used the in-room phone to call the HR manager up. VP then showed. He looked rather young-ish. Asked the routine questions a developer asks a PM. Then interview with HR manager. He told me all about the company and all the great benefits. For me this was a little premature, they should wait with this for the second round. Final interview with hiring manager. Hands-on in his office. Good questions on my skills. I was the last of four candidates to be interviewed. After about 14 days received email from HR guy that they had extended an offer to another candidate, which is usually the case if you don't hear from the employer rather soon after interview. I guess my experience did not match what they needed.
Looked like a nice company and people, all employees walking around looked rather content. Office space, however, was rather dark and cramped.

Interview Question – No unexpected or difficult questions. As always, they wanted to learn about my experience to see if it matched their requirements.   Answer Question

Worked for Novatel Wireless? Contribute to the Community!