Novelis

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager, Corporate Strategy Interview

Manager, Corporate Strategy

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Novelis.

Interview Details – The process was smooth and the pre-interview was done over Skype. After a couple of weeks they called me to their corporate HQ for an interview. The hiring manager was nice, but they had a 3rd party consultant working for them. This was a first time where a 3rd party consultant who is likely to be my vendor is interviewing me. He was cold, it looked as if he wanted to place one of his own people there. After his cold demeanor I was pretty positive that I wont get a call. It was clear that the people who worked there were either not well versed with the area or his own men. Good first impression, nice manager but poor advisers.

Interview Question – How will you deal with a technologist if he is not responsive.   View Answer

Operator Interview

Operator
Oswego, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novelis in April 2012.

Interview Details – Received a phone call to come in for an interview. Interviewed in front of a panel that consisted of hr personnel and senior management from each department.

Interview Question – Asked about strength and weaknesses   Answer Question

Continuous Improvement Specialist Interview

Continuous Improvement Specialist
Oswego, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Novelis in June 2013.

Interview Details – Knew someone that already worked there who informed me on who to send my resume to. Once I sent my resume I received a call to set up a phone interview within 24 hours. I succeeded on that interview and was asked to come on site for a second interview. Both interviews asked some generic questions followed by why I should be chosen for the job.

Interview Question – None were that difficult. Just spoke what came to mind when I heard the question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very quick responses as well as willing to give in to my requests.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Oswego, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novelis.

Interview Details – Initial phone call from a recruiter, phone interview with an HR rep, and then a visit at the plant which included interviews with 3-4 managers.

Interview Question – Nothing stands out as difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Novelis in April 2012.

Interview Details – Lengthy with several people - group

Interview Question – What are your expectations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Novelis in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewd through campus job fair.

Interview Question – Being asked to create a safety presentation off of a provided video.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating since it is part of a program.

Transportation Analyst Interview

Transportation Analyst
Atlanta, GA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Novelis in January 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then onsite interview with 3 or more individuals

Interview Question – Experience with SAP   Answer Question

Engineering Development Interview

Engineering Development
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Novelis in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was called and texted by one of the recruiters and she asked me if I would available for an on-site face-face interview the next day. There were two interview segments, technical and behavioral, both 30 minutes long and was being monitored by 2 interviewers each.

Interview Question – Have you encountered a time when you had to use your engineering skills to accomplish a specific operation outside of school?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novelis in October 2011.

Interview Details – I met with an HR rep and she asked me the standard questions for 15 minutes or so. Then I met with an engineer who talked more about the aluminum plant and asked me a few more engineering related questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you tried to accomplish a goal but were not able to follow through with it.   Answer Question
  • What are your two greatest weaknesses?   View Answer

Worked for Novelis? Contribute to the Community!