Novelis Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.3

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Novelis (Oswego, NY).

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview and the HR team did not contact me as planned. I waited for another half hour and still no contact. When I followed up with the recruiter who asked me to interview for the position he stated he was not surprised they did not contact me and this has happened before. Apparently they will be trying to schedule another appointment. Not a vary favorable view of the company at this point if they can't meet any commitments.

Novelis Response

May 22, 2015

We are aware of your specific situation and apologize for your unusual experience. Occasionally, miscommunication can happen when calendar availability is re-organized, but we were able to quickly ... More

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novelis.

Interview

You have a college interview after career fair, phone interview with HR depending on plant location you are being considered, then last a face-to-face interview. Resume related of projects during internships while completing undergrad. Panel interview with hiring manager and hr manager. First was a plant tour which you need to be alert of the process such that they may ask you technical questions related to safety you have observed on tour. Next interview process. Very informal. You meet the plant manager then they take you out for lunch. Interview is complete after lunch. Upon successful completion an offer is made 2 weeks later. Make sure to send follow up emails to the persons you met to show extreme interets!

Interview Questions

• Did you learn or ever use root cause failure analysis methods in school or in your internships? Describe a time where you had a project that you couldn't complete by deadline, what did you do? Describe experiences with project management? What are your biggest weaknesses? What are your greatest strengths?   Answer Question

Engineering Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novelis.

Interview

Basic questions like tell us about yourself, what university, describe favorite project and reasons behind it, career goals, wheredo you seeyourself in 5 years, what do u know about the company and its products, why this company, etc

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novelis (Oswego, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

A long process. Applied, then called in for testing, then called in for interview, then called in for a second interview, then weeks later a call with an offer. Overall it was a 4 month process. Basic questioning during all interviewing. A lot of safety related questions and behavioral situations.

Manager, Corporate Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Novelis.

Interview

The process was smooth and the pre-interview was done over Skype. After a couple of weeks they called me to their corporate HQ for an interview. The hiring manager was nice, but they had a 3rd party consultant working for them. This was a first time where a 3rd party consultant who is likely to be my vendor is interviewing me. He was cold, it looked as if he wanted to place one of his own people there. After his cold demeanor I was pretty positive that I wont get a call. It was clear that the people who worked there were either not well versed with the area or his own men. Good first impression, nice manager but poor advisers.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with a technologist if he is not responsive.   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novelis (Oswego, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was not as knowledgeable about human resources as I was. She did not ask questions about recruiting or unions. The interviewer was more interested in sharing her experience with human resources than with mine. Very poor interview.

Interview Questions

• How do I get along with others?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novelis (Oswego, NY).

Interview

Initial phone call from a recruiter, phone interview with an HR rep, and then a visit at the plant which included interviews with 3-4 managers.

Engineering Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novelis (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was called and texted by one of the recruiters and she asked me if I would available for an on-site face-face interview the next day. There were two interview segments, technical and behavioral, both 30 minutes long and was being monitored by 2 interviewers each.

Interview Questions

• Have you encountered a time when you had to use your engineering skills to accomplish a specific operation outside of school?   1 Answer

Continuous Improvement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novelis (Oswego, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Knew someone that already worked there who informed me on who to send my resume to. Once I sent my resume I received a call to set up a phone interview within 24 hours. I succeeded on that interview and was asked to come on site for a second interview. Both interviews asked some generic questions followed by why I should be chosen for the job.

Interview Questions

• None were that difficult. Just spoke what came to mind when I heard the question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very quick responses as well as willing to give in to my requests.

Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novelis (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

i submitted my resume and then i got a phone interview. After a few weeks I got a call back and they hired me. If you are qualified for the position, then you feel comfortable with the interview process.