Novell Interview Questions

2.9

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Novell in April 2012.

Great Interview Process. Really detailed questions that helped me to focus more clearly on the position's contribution to business goals.

Interview Questions
    • Calculate the CPA for various social media channels.   View Answer

Found a better company closer to home.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novell.

Communication leading up to the interview was professional and timely. The HR recruiter did a great job with a screening interview. The actual face-to-face interviews were both one-on-one with the hiring manager and the +1 manager. The team I managed interviewed me as a panel.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I would want to join the company as it was struggling.   View Answer
    There wasn't much negotiation. I was able to push toward the top of the range with HR before interviews. No movement after that.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Novell in April 2010.

Initial application and contact was very quick. The Director of Product Management himself did the first rounds of interviews to filter more quickly and not wait for recruiters to filter. After the first interview, the second round was a week or so later. Then a long wait.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was limited--my boss was great and came in at the max offer point.

Technical Support Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novell.

The interview process involved several expected levels. The people interviewing were professional, knowledgeable, and respectful. Started, as expected with phone interviews and then had a set of interviews first with the manager and then with a panel of team members.
    The questions asked covered the full spectrum. There were questions to test expected skill level and guage my ability to reason. There were also questions intended to show problem solving skills. And other questions meant to guage professionalism and team experience.

Interview Questions
    • No question seemed excessively difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Novell.

Phone calls from hiring manager.
    Interview - phone screen.
    Interview focused on situational questions rather than behavioral.
    Offer given on the spot.
    Overall process is standard for entry level positions.

Interview Questions
    • troubleshooting. Basic flow for thought. How would you solve problem A. Some of the problems were screenshots of errors, just to see how you would approach a problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Novell in June 2009.

Met with various managers on the team and team members. The higher software engineers asked more technical questions and managers asked more typical where do you want to be type questions. It was at least 4 hours interview. I also had to interview with the HR person at the beginning.

Interview Questions
    • One of the engineers asked me to solve a link list problem   Answer Question
    It was with the hiring manager and she was very nice and it was very fast. Two phone calls

Project Manager Interview

The phone interview and then call in interview and then another call in interview which is all day long

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Novell in October 2008.

I interview first for their Customer Service back in 2006 then in 2008 I interviewed for the Inside Sales Rep and got it. All interviews where with a Panel

Interview Questions
    Unfortunately you can not negotiate pay. At lest that is what they told me

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Novell in May 2012.

The Novell or Attachmate recruiter contacted me looking for a developer with similar skills. I phone interviewed with the recruiter who was based out of New York and then had two different group interviews. One was with a set of developers and one was with a set of managers, one being the hiring manager. The phone interview went fine although I should have listened to my instincts and declined when she asked me one of the top 10 dumbest interview questions: "what interests you about Novell?" Hmm, you were hiring!

But I didn't listen and I went to do the interview anyway. The group interview with the developers went great. They seemed like seasoned professionals which thought about and solved the same types of problems that I work with every day. We hit it off exceptionally well.

Then the managers came in for the group interview to just "see if I was a good fit for the team." They continued for the next hour to ask the worst interview questions I have ever experienced.

"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
    "Why do you want to work here?"
    "Rate yourself."
    "Why didn't you rate yourself perfect?"

When they asked for the second time, "Tell us in 1 minute why we should hire you over all the other candidates we have interviewed," I couldn't take it anymore and replied: "Did you want this answer different than the last time I answered it?" They both kept a completely straight face as if they hadn't asked the same dumb question twice, and replied, "yes, answer it differently." At that point I knew, even if they offered me the job, that I wouldn't want to work anywhere near these managers... ever!

Interview Questions
    • How would people communicate in a perfect world?   View Answers (27)
    • Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    • Where would you rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 among all the other people that have interviewed for this job?   View Answer
    • Describe yourself in three words.   View Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

The process took a day - interviewed at Novell in April 2011.

Asked regular questions about my resume and background.

Interview Questions

Worked for Novell? Contribute to the Community!