Novell

Very Difficult Interview

Solution Marketing Manager Interview

Solution Marketing Manager
Provo, UT

The process took a day - interviewed at Novell in April 2010.

Interview Details – Fast paced questions that were scenario based. Terse, cut me off before answer was complete to get to next question.

Interview Questions

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Novell in August 2011.

Interview Details – Written test

Interview Questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Trichy (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Novell in June 2008.

Interview Details – -Written test
-Aptitude
-3-4 Technical rounds
-HR round
-Team manager round
-Senior manager round

REad : java , DS , Algo , OS and your past experience.
Be ready for good HR question which could reject you as well.
Take care on all the Question and round.
They have asked to write an essay on Linux and open source communities.

Interview Question – Domain questions + JAVA and DS was quite good level   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Threre was not much to negogitate , it was fixed salary offered in campus

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Novell in August 2012.

Interview Details – First round: Written round compromising of 3 sections; logic, operating system+networks and programming language concepts
Interview: 2 rounds of interview, First by the technical engineer and next by the director of software development

Interview Question – The syntax of a header file, suppose <stdio.h> and few different questions related to compilation of a program and its steps   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not negotiable. Got a fixed salary of 6.2 lpa which included a joining salary of 50k INR

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Novell in July 2013.

Interview Details – First Round - Aptitude,c basics,operating system,50 questions.Questions based on work,boat,interest.51 questions in all were given.50 MCQ's and 1 coding question

Interview Question – Coding question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Novell.

Interview Details – Written test of 70 mins.
15 ques aptitude, 20 ques on OS and Networking, 15 Ques on C. All these questions were objective.
There was one C program which was tough

Interview Question – The C Program   Answer Question

SSE Interview

SSE
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Novell in July 2010.

Interview Details – Was asked about few basic linked list qns and pointer basics

Interview Question – Was asked to write a logic for deduplication   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After negotiation got sign-on bonus.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Novell in April 2012.

Interview Details – Great Interview Process. Really detailed questions that helped me to focus more clearly on the position's contribution to business goals.

Interview Question – Calculate the CPA for various social media channels.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Found a better company closer to home.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Novell in April 2014.

Interview Details – Hi I attended Novell Interview on april, 2014. I had 6 rounds in total.

All the rounds were simple. They ask only the very basic questions
1. Aptitude, verbal, technical (system concepts and coding snippets), Essay on open source was not required. [details about the questions are mentioned below]
2. Programming interview.
3. System concepts and testing concepts [how will u test a pen, tell us some test cases in ur project]
4. Interview with Manager [other than technical questions]
Since everybody was busy, my interview was moved to next day.
5. Interview with Senior Manager [other than technical questions] - she was very kind.
6. Interview with HR [She discussed about the company, benifts etc.]

Once you clear the first 2 rounds, you are almost selected.

Salary range 6 - 7 L for freshers. Value varies in between for candidates from PSG, NIT and others.

out of station candidates, if selected will get accomodation in a business class hotel for 15 days. They welcome you with big flower boquets etc.

This is for a full time employee through employee referal without any consultancies, contract, contigencies etc.

Novell is a very peaceful place to settle. Compared to many companies in bangalore, it has a very good work life balance. Sat and sun off. Good benefits. No work pressure. No timings. My managers are really kind.

Below are the questions i noted down after each rounds. All the best. :)

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Novell in January 2010.

Interview Details – Comparatively easier, more technical, only two rounds of interview. need to bargain for salary, salary depends on the previous salary. Very straight forward. Some times director round is difficult. interviewers are friendly.

Interview Question – why should we hire you, what value add you bring it to the company   Answer Question

Worked for Novell? Contribute to the Community!