Novell

Novell Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2015
Updated Jan 9, 2015

Software Development Engineer Interview

There were two rounds , HR and technical . The HR round was basically a mini tech round which was focussed at finding out the candidate's area of interests and then the technical was based on the information passed by the HR and obviously surprising - HR before technical.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions.
      They asked me simple alhgorithmic problems . I was asked to code to get the mirror image of a binary search tree and print and save the reverse of a given snetence .

View Answer

Project Manager Interview

The phone interview and then call in interview and then another call in interview which is all day long

Systems Engineer Interview

Typically is a 3 stage process. Stage 1 is the hiring manager interview. Stage 2 is the role's Director interview and Stage 3 is HR.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Novell.

Phone calls from hiring manager.
    Interview - phone screen.
    Interview focused on situational questions rather than behavioral.
    Offer given on the spot.
    Overall process is standard for entry level positions.

Interview Questions
    • troubleshooting. Basic flow for thought. How would you solve problem A. Some of the problems were screenshots of errors, just to see how you would approach a problem.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Novell.

It was pleasant experience interviewing for Novell. There were 2 rounds of technical interview followed by couple of managerial & HR interviews based on which I got the offer. The technical rounds were focused on Coding. The interviewers expected you to write Java/C++ code. They expected in depth knowledge on OS & Networking.

Interview Questions
    • Which data structure would you use for storing duplicate key value pair.   Answer Question
    Not much.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novell in September 2011.

2 rounds of interview face to face, the questions were pretty straight forward and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Novell was a good brand, but I am afraid of company's future growth because of incompetent managers who misuse their power.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell in October 2009.

It was very simple and straight forward. It helped that my friend was already working as an intern there.

Non-existant.

IT Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell in August 2010.

I applied online through a university site and received an email from a manager to schedule a phone interview at my earliest convenience. A week later I had a phone interview.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novell in February 2010.

1st - Recruiter
    2nd - Hiring Mgr
    3rd - Hiring Mgr's direct reports (future peers)

The company is very technical, and had little focus on business. The team's egos were very inflated and they were more focused on their academic credentials than they were in actually growing revenue.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example (other than Apple) of great marketing?   View Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell in March 2007.

This was for an internship position that I took. The interview was fairly simple. I don't think there were any behavioral type questions. It was all mostly skill based with a few questions about previous employment and describing what I did in those positions. I interviewed first with one manager that asked me background type questions and then I was interviewed by another manager who asked me a slew of technical questions. Most were pretty simple, just testing if I knew my way around Linux and then a simple programming question and sort of a math question. Overall it was really pretty simple compared to other interviews that I have had since then for real jobs and not internships.

Interview Questions
    • Convert a hex number to binary and visa versa   View Answer
    The negotiations are handled by the human resources department. The person that I talked to was very nice. Even though it was just an internship he treated me like I was going to be a regular employee, asking me how much time I needed to consider the offer and giving me control over my decision. It was nice