Novell Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Novell (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruitment agency. I had two interviews, one with the team manager, the second one with the finance director. Both interviewers were very friendly. In the first interview, the manager talked 10-15 minutes about the role. Then we went throgh my cv. I tried to highlight in each experience, the skills they were looking for in the job description. At the end, the person made me like 5 questions. Finally, he asked me if I had any doubt. The second interview was shorter I went just through m cv.

Interview Questions

• 1. If there is a client who has 100,000$ credit limit, and he asks for a product or service that requieres 300,000$ credit, what would you do?

2. If there is a client that only can pay its bill by the end of the month, but for Novell, by the end of the month is too late for reconciliate, what would you do?

3. If we call one of ypur previous bosses, what would he/she say negative about you?

Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novell (Bangalore (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

Coding round with questions on

Linked list
    Collections
    set difference

Followed by 2 rounds of F2F where the coding written was analysed and questions on design patterns asked. I was told i would recieve a call on the next day for the HR interview , but i recieved it the same day. I was called for the HR interview again on another weekday and the offer released after 15 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate.But i was ok with the offer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Novell in April 2013.

Interview

Skillset: C#.NET

Telephonic technical interview, followed by the full day interview of 4 rounds
    1) Technical F2F round (1 hour): Asked to write a simple XML file parser program, questions on remote debugging in .NET, assert mechanism, multi-threading
    2) Manager round: technical questions on real world application of data structures, algorithms complexity calculation, problem solving, puzzles
    3) Director round
    4) HR round

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I shown the desperation in accepting the offer which resulted in no salary negotiation, no joining bonus, lesser compensation than expected.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was pretty good and majorly focused on the technologies & projects i worked earlier. In depth analysis and root cause of the issues. Thinking out of box and business prespective will fetch you the fruits.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Novell in October 2014.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter. Second interview with hiring manager and two co-workers. Asked a lot of questions about testing and development process and around Agile methodology and application. Technical interview with lead SDET that had an algorithm question, a code example and an API test whiteboard example. After the interviews, I heard back from the recruiter and then the hiring manager. There was frequent communication with the recruiter that was very helpful and provided lots of follow-up. Overall a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview felt somewhat rushed. There was a series of questions given a partially completed interface, how would you test it. A lot of leading questions and re-phrasing that made it difficult to understand where he was going with it. Lots of ambiguity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Originally told that my salary requirements were too high and I accepted a different offer. Came back a few days later with an increased offer. Seemed like a disconnect between hiring manager and recruiter, but they were willing to go to bat for me.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Novell.

Interview

It was a campus selection procedure.Students from computer science and Electronics can apply for this.Around 120 students appeared in the first round.There were MCQs based on aptitude,OS,networking,microprocessors,c++ and 1 coding question (20 minutes to solve the code).
    13 students were selected for 2nd round.Mostly questions were from operating systems and algorithms.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Novell (Bangalore (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

applied through elitmus, called for writtern test.
    rounds: written, techical rounds, hr.
    all are elimination rounds.
    around 200 members were called for written test and only 20 got selected for next round i.e for technical interview.
    and finally 2 members got selected.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Novell (Bangalore (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Novell process consists of 3 rounds. 1st round was online test, questions were basically on quant, data structure, system software basics, compiler design. 2nd round was technical interview consists of coding round and 3rd round was HR .

Software Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Novell in August 2012.

Interview

I had been selected from campus

Round 1 :
    On paper round . There were questions on aptitude and computer fundamentals.I cleared this round this is actually a filtering round as out of 113 candidates only 13 were chosen after this round

Round2 :

It was heavily technical .Was being asked questions on pointers and OS and networking questions since I said that networking was my strength at that time

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a decent offer at the campus

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Novell (Bangalore (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

Comparatively easier, more technical, only two rounds of interview. need to bargain for salary, salary depends on the previous salary. Very straight forward. Some times director round is difficult. interviewers are friendly.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you, what value add you bring it to the company   Answer Question