Novell Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novell in February 2014.

Coding round with questions on

Linked list
    Collections
    set difference

Followed by 2 rounds of F2F where the coding written was analysed and questions on design patterns asked. I was told i would recieve a call on the next day for the HR interview , but i recieved it the same day. I was called for the HR interview again on another weekday and the offer released after 15 days.

Interview Questions
    Not much to negotiate.But i was ok with the offer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Novell in April 2013.

Skillset: C#.NET

Telephonic technical interview, followed by the full day interview of 4 rounds
    1) Technical F2F round (1 hour): Asked to write a simple XML file parser program, questions on remote debugging in .NET, assert mechanism, multi-threading
    2) Manager round: technical questions on real world application of data structures, algorithms complexity calculation, problem solving, puzzles
    3) Director round
    4) HR round

Interview Questions
    I shown the desperation in accepting the offer which resulted in no salary negotiation, no joining bonus, lesser compensation than expected.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

It was pretty good and majorly focused on the technologies & projects i worked earlier. In depth analysis and root cause of the issues. Thinking out of box and business prespective will fetch you the fruits.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Novell in October 2014.

Phone screen with a recruiter. Second interview with hiring manager and two co-workers. Asked a lot of questions about testing and development process and around Agile methodology and application. Technical interview with lead SDET that had an algorithm question, a code example and an API test whiteboard example. After the interviews, I heard back from the recruiter and then the hiring manager. There was frequent communication with the recruiter that was very helpful and provided lots of follow-up. Overall a good interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview felt somewhat rushed. There was a series of questions given a partially completed interface, how would you test it. A lot of leading questions and re-phrasing that made it difficult to understand where he was going with it. Lots of ambiguity.   Answer Question
    Originally told that my salary requirements were too high and I accepted a different offer. Came back a few days later with an increased offer. Seemed like a disconnect between hiring manager and recruiter, but they were willing to go to bat for me.

Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell.

It was a campus selection procedure.Students from computer science and Electronics can apply for this.Around 120 students appeared in the first round.There were MCQs based on aptitude,OS,networking,microprocessors,c++ and 1 coding question (20 minutes to solve the code).
    13 students were selected for 2nd round.Mostly questions were from operating systems and algorithms.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell in September 2014.

applied through elitmus, called for writtern test.
    rounds: written, techical rounds, hr.
    all are elimination rounds.
    around 200 members were called for written test and only 20 got selected for next round i.e for technical interview.
    and finally 2 members got selected.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell in August 2014.

Novell process consists of 3 rounds. 1st round was online test, questions were basically on quant, data structure, system software basics, compiler design. 2nd round was technical interview consists of coding round and 3rd round was HR .

Software Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell in August 2012.

I had been selected from campus

Round 1 :
    On paper round . There were questions on aptitude and computer fundamentals.I cleared this round this is actually a filtering round as out of 113 candidates only 13 were chosen after this round

Round2 :

It was heavily technical .Was being asked questions on pointers and OS and networking questions since I said that networking was my strength at that time

Interview Questions
    It was a decent offer at the campus

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell in January 2010.

Comparatively easier, more technical, only two rounds of interview. need to bargain for salary, salary depends on the previous salary. Very straight forward. Some times director round is difficult. interviewers are friendly.

Interview Questions
    • why should we hire you, what value add you bring it to the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Novell in April 2014.

Hi I attended Novell Interview on april, 2014. I had 6 rounds in total.

All the rounds were simple. They ask only the very basic questions
    1. Aptitude, verbal, technical (system concepts and coding snippets), Essay on open source was not required. [details about the questions are mentioned below]
    2. Programming interview.
    3. System concepts and testing concepts [how will u test a pen, tell us some test cases in ur project]
    4. Interview with Manager [other than technical questions]
    Since everybody was busy, my interview was moved to next day.
    5. Interview with Senior Manager [other than technical questions] - she was very kind.
    6. Interview with HR [She discussed about the company, benifts etc.]

Once you clear the first 2 rounds, you are almost selected.

Salary range 6 - 7 L for freshers. Value varies in between for candidates from PSG, NIT and others.

out of station candidates, if selected will get accomodation in a business class hotel for 15 days. They welcome you with big flower boquets etc.

This is for a full time employee through employee referal without any consultancies, contract, contigencies etc.

Novell is a very peaceful place to settle. Compared to many companies in bangalore, it has a very good work life balance. Sat and sun off. Good benefits. No work pressure. No timings. My managers are really kind.

Below are the questions i noted down after each rounds. All the best. :)