Novell

Updated Dec 14, 2014

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell in March 2008.

Very smooth and very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • How to use Linux command to find any file in the OS contains certain string.   View Answers (2)

Internal Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell in March 2008.

Short and simple. I submitted my resume, they called to schedule an interview. I came in, was check in by security, and talked to the person who's position I would be taking, as well as my other potential coworkers. When they were done talking to me their manager came and interviewed me. Overall a very painless, easy going process.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novell in March 2008.

My initial exposure was was through an employee who encouraged me to apply for the job - so I was a little comfortable already knowing him. However, I would say that the overall experience was very casual, personal, and yet professional. My interview really consisted of two parts: I had a group conversation/discussion with the prior two interns and their supervisor. This conversation really focused on my personality, interested, past experience, as well as giving me an idea of the projects they were working on. Second, I met with the VP on Internal Audit for an interview 1:1. This was more about my future career interests, experience, and relevant skills. I thought the interview process gave me a great idea of what it would be like to work at Novell.

Interview Questions
    • What are your future career plans and how do you think that Novell will factor into your preparation for that? What will you do here at Novell to help you down that path?   View Answer
    • What kind of Information Systems background do you have? What programming languages or applications are you familiar with?   View Answer
    Not really. It was an internship offer, so not a lot of wiggle room. However, the offer was very competitive for the area.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell in March 2007.

This was for an internship position that I took. The interview was fairly simple. I don't think there were any behavioral type questions. It was all mostly skill based with a few questions about previous employment and describing what I did in those positions. I interviewed first with one manager that asked me background type questions and then I was interviewed by another manager who asked me a slew of technical questions. Most were pretty simple, just testing if I knew my way around Linux and then a simple programming question and sort of a math question. Overall it was really pretty simple compared to other interviews that I have had since then for real jobs and not internships.

Interview Questions
    • Convert a hex number to binary and visa versa   View Answer
    The negotiations are handled by the human resources department. The person that I talked to was very nice. Even though it was just an internship he treated me like I was going to be a regular employee, asking me how much time I needed to consider the offer and giving me control over my decision. It was nice

Senior Software Engineer Interview

It was pretty good and majorly focused on the technologies & projects i worked earlier. In depth analysis and root cause of the issues. Thinking out of box and business prespective will fetch you the fruits.

Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell.

It was a campus selection procedure.Students from computer science and Electronics can apply for this.Around 120 students appeared in the first round.There were MCQs based on aptitude,OS,networking,microprocessors,c++ and 1 coding question (20 minutes to solve the code).
    13 students were selected for 2nd round.Mostly questions were from operating systems and algorithms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell in September 2014.

applied through elitmus, called for writtern test.
    rounds: written, techical rounds, hr.
    all are elimination rounds.
    around 200 members were called for written test and only 20 got selected for next round i.e for technical interview.
    and finally 2 members got selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novell in August 2014.

Novell process consists of 3 rounds. 1st round was online test, questions were basically on quant, data structure, system software basics, compiler design. 2nd round was technical interview consists of coding round and 3rd round was HR .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Novell in April 2014.

Hi I attended Novell Interview on april, 2014. I had 6 rounds in total.

All the rounds were simple. They ask only the very basic questions
    1. Aptitude, verbal, technical (system concepts and coding snippets), Essay on open source was not required. [details about the questions are mentioned below]
    2. Programming interview.
    3. System concepts and testing concepts [how will u test a pen, tell us some test cases in ur project]
    4. Interview with Manager [other than technical questions]
    Since everybody was busy, my interview was moved to next day.
    5. Interview with Senior Manager [other than technical questions] - she was very kind.
    6. Interview with HR [She discussed about the company, benifts etc.]

Once you clear the first 2 rounds, you are almost selected.

Salary range 6 - 7 L for freshers. Value varies in between for candidates from PSG, NIT and others.

out of station candidates, if selected will get accomodation in a business class hotel for 15 days. They welcome you with big flower boquets etc.

This is for a full time employee through employee referal without any consultancies, contract, contigencies etc.

Novell is a very peaceful place to settle. Compared to many companies in bangalore, it has a very good work life balance. Sat and sun off. Good benefits. No work pressure. No timings. My managers are really kind.

Below are the questions i noted down after each rounds. All the best. :)

Software Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Novell.

It was pleasant experience interviewing for Novell. There were 2 rounds of technical interview followed by couple of managerial & HR interviews based on which I got the offer. The technical rounds were focused on Coding. The interviewers expected you to write Java/C++ code. They expected in depth knowledge on OS & Networking.

Interview Questions
    • Which data structure would you use for storing duplicate key value pair.   Answer Question
    Not much.