Novell Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novell (Bangalore (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

Coding round with questions on

Linked list
    Collections
    set difference

Followed by 2 rounds of F2F where the coding written was analysed and questions on design patterns asked. I was told i would recieve a call on the next day for the HR interview , but i recieved it the same day. I was called for the HR interview again on another weekday and the offer released after 15 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate.But i was ok with the offer

Software Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Novell.

Interview

It was pleasant experience interviewing for Novell. There were 2 rounds of technical interview followed by couple of managerial & HR interviews based on which I got the offer. The technical rounds were focused on Coding. The interviewers expected you to write Java/C++ code. They expected in depth knowledge on OS & Networking.

Interview Questions

• Which data structure would you use for storing duplicate key value pair.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Novell (Allahabad (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

Written test , 50 MCQ 1 coding question . Total Duration 90 min. 13 people were shortlisted out of 150 . 15 question for aptitude, 20 programming skills and 15 system concepts questions . Two rounds of interview . One is technical and second is HR . For technical interview there were 2 people in the panel . Difficulty was average . HR was 1:1 .

Interview Questions

• Write c program for tail command which can support -F option .   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Novell.

Interview

Written test of 70 mins.
    15 ques aptitude, 20 ques on OS and Networking, 15 Ques on C. All these questions were objective.
    There was one C program which was tough

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Novell in July 2013.

Interview

First Round - Aptitude,c basics,operating system,50 questions.Questions based on work,boat,interest.51 questions in all were given.50 MCQ's and 1 coding question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Typically is a 3 stage process. Stage 1 is the hiring manager interview. Stage 2 is the role's Director interview and Stage 3 is HR.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Novell in April 2013.

Interview

Skillset: C#.NET

Telephonic technical interview, followed by the full day interview of 4 rounds
    1) Technical F2F round (1 hour): Asked to write a simple XML file parser program, questions on remote debugging in .NET, assert mechanism, multi-threading
    2) Manager round: technical questions on real world application of data structures, algorithms complexity calculation, problem solving, puzzles
    3) Director round
    4) HR round

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I shown the desperation in accepting the offer which resulted in no salary negotiation, no joining bonus, lesser compensation than expected.

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novell (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

I got a call from SJ Consultancy mentioning there is a requirement for Test Engineer in IC role. The recruiter from Novell called me and arranged the interview.

> 2 F2F Technical interviews and 1 managerial round
    > 1 onsite telecon interview with Senior manager/Director
    > 1 F2F Director round followed by HR interview

Interview Questions

The recruiter and HR are least professional - I need to follow up them for many times And there were negotiating the salary for 10-15% . Before forwarding the resume I mentioned clearly that i was expecting a decent hike. Really got disappointed with the whole process ...

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Novell (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Symphony telca called up & send interview to their client Novell. Had tw0 F2F rounds. Both rounds many questions on windows & Linux. We can answer most of the questions (not much difficult) But interviewer was expecting the answer that he knows, so if a question has multi answrs / multi ways to answer then ur bad luck :) And I felt they should have looked up for a well experienced Sys admin instead of a QA Engineer. So I didnt continued the process.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: What you do if windows installation doesnt find the hard disk, but disk is present. Interesting is he was looking answer for which he knows / which he is facing in his work. He may shd know there will be a many reasons when windows not find disk :)   Answer Question

Interview

Started with an initial phone screen, followed by 2 on site technical interviews. one with senior tech writer and hiring manager.