Novell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Consultant Interview

Software Consultant
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Novell in May 2011.

Interview Details – Couple of technical rounds, management round.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They provide salary based on years of experience. They dont check the hike percentage etc.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

Interviewed at Novell

Interview Details – Typically is a 3 stage process. Stage 1 is the hiring manager interview. Stage 2 is the role's Director interview and Stage 3 is HR.

Interview Question – Do a 10 minute solution presentation on a product   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Novell in December 2011.

Interview Details – clean
transparent
fast
ethical

Software Consultant Interview

Software Consultant
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novell.

Interview Details – I got a call from SJ Consultancy mentioning there is a requirement for Test Engineer in IC role. The recruiter from Novell called me and arranged the interview.

> 2 F2F Technical interviews and 1 managerial round
> 1 onsite telecon interview with Senior manager/Director
> 1 F2F Director round followed by HR interview

Interview Question – As usual .. routine questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The recruiter and HR are least professional - I need to follow up them for many times And there were negotiating the salary for 10-15% . Before forwarding the resume I mentioned clearly that i was expecting a decent hike. Really got disappointed with the whole process ...

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Novell.

Interview Details – Symphony telca called up & send interview to their client Novell. Had tw0 F2F rounds. Both rounds many questions on windows & Linux. We can answer most of the questions (not much difficult) But interviewer was expecting the answer that he knows, so if a question has multi answrs / multi ways to answer then ur bad luck :) And I felt they should have looked up for a well experienced Sys admin instead of a QA Engineer. So I didnt continued the process.

Interview Question – Unexpected: What you do if windows installation doesnt find the hard disk, but disk is present. Interesting is he was looking answer for which he knows / which he is facing in his work. He may shd know there will be a many reasons when windows not find disk :)   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novell in April 2008.

Interview Details – It consisted of a written test, a technical round, a Managerial round and then a HR round. Written and technical round were based on testing basics and scenario based testing,debugging or test case writing. Fairly simple. Managerial round had discussions on career goals, projects done etc. HR round was just goals and compensation.

Interview Question – Nothing specific. It was simple. But it purely depends on your interviewer. I have heard people handling tough questions on coding,algorithms for a post of automation test engineer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They are open to negotiate, if there is an urgent requirement.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Novell in August 2012.

Interview Details – First round: Written round compromising of 3 sections; logic, operating system+networks and programming language concepts
Interview: 2 rounds of interview, First by the technical engineer and next by the director of software development

Interview Question – The syntax of a header file, suppose <stdio.h> and few different questions related to compilation of a program and its steps   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not negotiable. Got a fixed salary of 6.2 lpa which included a joining salary of 50k INR

Trichy (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Novell in June 2008.

Interview Details – -Written test
-Aptitude
-3-4 Technical rounds
-HR round
-Team manager round
-Senior manager round

REad : java , DS , Algo , OS and your past experience.
Be ready for good HR question which could reject you as well.
Take care on all the Question and round.
They have asked to write an essay on Linux and open source communities.

Interview Question – Domain questions + JAVA and DS was quite good level   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Threre was not much to negogitate , it was fixed salary offered in campus

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Senior Technical Specialist

Interviewed at Novell

Interview Details – Started with an initial phone screen, followed by 2 on site technical interviews. one with senior tech writer and hiring manager.

Interview Question – What are your responsibilities in your current role?   Answer Question

Banga (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Novell in August 2008.

Interview Details – I have applied to this position with 1+ years of experience. Had to give test which comprised of analytical, system concepts, Programming languages and an essay. After clearing the test, had a panel interview. Questions were mostly around my previous experience and on accademic project. Had one more interview with HR and another with the department head. Complete interview process completed in the same day.

Interview Question – Why does few applications stop working after windows xp is updated to SP2   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Novell