Novellus Interview Questions

2.7

Global Product Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novellus.

Initial communication was via telephone and conducted a mini-interview. A full interview was then scheduled and I met with several people including another GPS Engineer, Field Service Manager, and the Engineering Manager (who also gave me a test). After the interview, they conducted a post-interview meeting in which they discussed me in detail. After coming to the conclusion that I would be a good fit, I was sent an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question asked of me was what was my favorite television show and why.   View Answer
    I was provided an offer letter, which I said was not enough. Another offer arrived, which I accepted.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Novellus in February 2012.

Lengthy 4hrs of interviews with cross-functional representatives. Difficult technical expertise component of interviews

Interview Questions
    • Explain your methodology for troubleshooting a high uniformity issue on a deposition chamber   Answer Question

Salary too low

Product Support Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Novellus in June 2011.

I applied online and was called by HR about a week later. I was asked very general questions about my availability. I was then asked to come in for an interview the following week. I was met by my future manager and was given a 20 minute tour of the facilities, a nice touch. We then went to his office where he asked me about my education and projects I had worked on. He actually talked more than I did and didn't seem all that interested in my answers. This part took about 15 minutes, no difficult questions, mostly conversational.

I was then handed off to what would become a coworker. He started off by saying he didn't like interviews and he would be easy on me. He asked slightly more pointed questions but not very difficult, mostly about problem solving. He asked if I had brought any examples of a document with annotated figures (which I had), I believe this was a considerable bonus as the interviewer seemed impressed. This took an additional 20 minutes. I was told I did a good job and that I would probably get the job and the other applicant was not very good (strange I know).

I was contacted approximately 3 days later and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you tried to fix something and failed. How did you proceed?   View Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novellus in September 2010.

They told me they were interested and I kept following up for weeks and never heard a word from them. I was not impressed...and would not work for them ever now. (Plus I know others there that are not happy either)

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novellus in July 2010.

There were two phone interviews. One from an HR representative who asked basic questions about personality and work ethic. Then there was a phone interview with the hiring manager who asked more pointed questions about abilities and skills. The in person interview process was again skill and ability assessment based, with two 1:1 sessions. Both of the interviewers were very professional and made the mood easy to handle. Both 1:1 sessions took about half an hour each.

Interview Questions
    • What it the best method of troubleshooting   View Answer
    There was no negotiating.

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Novellus in March 2010.

First round is an HR interview. The questions were experience based and they were specifically looking for three categories, your education, your experience and what you want out of the job. All the questions were based on your background knowledge and experiences and there were no 'what-if' questions of any sort. The interviewer was extremely friendly and made sure you felt very comfortable being in the hot seat.

Interview Questions
    • Talk to me about your project work at school. It was drilled down till the last detail and the interviewer was convinced that you did not make up the experience to add to your resume. All the questions were based on previous experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novellus in May 2008.

I received a call from a recruiter who said that they had seen my resume on a job board and they thought I might be a fit for the position. They asked if I was currently looking for a new job and I confirmed that I was not happy with my current salary prospects since my company was not meeting my expectations for success.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would implement a real-time interrupt in a machine control sequence.   View Answer
    It was very much take it or leave it. The package was OK, nothing exceptional, but after starting I realized that the health insurance co-pay's are quite high esp for prescriptions. Up to $45 each.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hsinchu (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

I applied online – interviewed at Novellus in June 2013.

Why do you want to be a Field Service Engineer?
    This is a hard working job, give me some reason that you can survice the difficulties.

Interview Questions
    • No professional question at all. Be prepared the reason why you want to join the company and convince the interviewer you can conquer the difficulties.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novellus in January 2012.

Worst experience I've ever had in any interview !!! Interviewer said that he does not like my school and major. Then, he was with all about negative responses for what I was saying. Why does this company waste interviewee's time? I am not going to mention how bad experiences I had from this company but it was the worst ever.

Accounting Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Novellus in March 2011.

On campus interview
    I got interview on March and need to wait until June to get the answer.