Novellus

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Support Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Novellus in June 2011.

I applied online and was called by HR about a week later. I was asked very general questions about my availability. I was then asked to come in for an interview the following week. I was met by my future manager and was given a 20 minute tour of the facilities, a nice touch. We then went to his office where he asked me about my education and projects I had worked on. He actually talked more than I did and didn't seem all that interested in my answers. This part took about 15 minutes, no difficult questions, mostly conversational.

I was then handed off to what would become a coworker. He started off by saying he didn't like interviews and he would be easy on me. He asked slightly more pointed questions but not very difficult, mostly about problem solving. He asked if I had brought any examples of a document with annotated figures (which I had), I believe this was a considerable bonus as the interviewer seemed impressed. This took an additional 20 minutes. I was told I did a good job and that I would probably get the job and the other applicant was not very good (strange I know).

I was contacted approximately 3 days later and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you tried to fix something and failed. How did you proceed?   View Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novellus in September 2010.

They told me they were interested and I kept following up for weeks and never heard a word from them. I was not impressed...and would not work for them ever now. (Plus I know others there that are not happy either)