Novo Nordisk

www.novonordisk.com

Novo Nordisk Diabetes Care Specialist Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Diabetes Care Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Novo Nordisk in September 2013.

Had initial phone interview within a week of applying online - basic HR questions and some behavioral questions (answered in STAR format). Must have been in the top 20% of your sales force in at least 1 of the the past 2 years. They have a 3rd party company that validates sales data so you must document this to move forward. In person interview came about 3 weeks afterwards. Had two 1 hour in-person interviews with 2 managers (1 was hiring manager) back to back. Had to do a 2 minute presentation on NovoLog. The following week had a 30 minute phone interview with the Regional Business Director. Had to document previous salary/bonus comp.

Interview Questions
  • Typical behavioral interview questions (answered in STAR format)
    - Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer
    - Tell me about a time when you had to build trust with a customer
    - Tell me about a time when you had to forego doing something for a customer that would have helped your business but was against company policy
    - Tell me about a situation where you met both a short term and long term goal

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Novo Nordisk

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novo Nordisk in March 2013.

The process is arduous, this was acknowledged by one of my interviewers in the final round. You are told in the initial phone screen that you have to provide documentation to support your performance and it needs to show your name, the company name and the title and date of the report. Once that is deemed acceptable, you have another phone interview with the recruiter for the position. If that goes well, you do a one way virtual interview and if you get past that you see 2 district sales managers, one of whom is the hiring manager. The logistics are handled by an outside agency and it is difficult to get answers to questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was instructed (via email) to prepare a 2 minute presentation on a product. I called the agency to ask for clarification on presentation. I was told to prepare a product overview and to keep strictly to 2 minutes. I complied. I did not receive an offer and the feedback I got was that the hiring manager was disappointed because I did not review the studies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Novo Nordisk in March 2010.

typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • When have you faced adversity and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question