Novo Nordisk

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

3.1

Human Resources Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novo Nordisk.

7 steps of assessment: 1st with consultants, 2nd with MD, 3rd with Regional HR Director, 4th with Regional MD, 5th case study presentation, 6th MBTI, 7th background check

Interview Questions
    • If a male employee in production returns from vacation as female, how to deal with complaints from female employees who will use the same restroom?   Answer Question
    Reasonable and transparent

Hemophilia Community Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Novo Nordisk in January 2014.

Spoke to present Sales team member to determine my qualifications to job. 2 verbal interviews (first 10min, second 35mnutes). (home office is several states away. Did not make to live interviews in Dallas.

Interview Questions
    • 2 issues,
      My lack of sales experience and how I would handle. I reviewed my experience with core population and the importance of communication and development of personal relationships. How, I believed that would assist my lack of sales work history.
      I was terminated from previous employer, needed to explain circumstances.

Diabetes Care Associate Interview

It was a long process including a trip to Boston. I will say everyone was really nice that interviewed us. The only issue is that they didn't give everyone real feedback. Every single person who walked out of the interview was made to feel like they got the job. And most of us didn't. I guess just honesty would be my only request.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me your biggest weakness…
      Simple STAR format questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Novo Nordisk in December 2013.

Standard interview questions based on their companies "Competencies". Each question is to be answered in the star format. No tricks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Novo Nordisk in December 2013.

Phone interview with a recruiter, took a few online tests, 5 weeks later received a phone to set up a face to face interview. Face to face interview consisted of 3 separate interviews.

Interview Questions
    • All interview questions should be answered in STAR format. Tell me about a situation where company ethics had to be applied.   View Answer

Entry Level Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Novo Nordisk.

-Phone Interview within one week of applying online. Behavior interview questions
    -After the phone interview, it takes about 3 weeks to here if you have been selected for a face to face interview.
    -You will have 2 face to face interviews. Be prepared to answers questions in STAR format. For me they selected the top 3 candidates out over 150 so ppl that applied.
    -They will follow up with you for another phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Know the company and products. You will have to do a short presentation for the face to face interview.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Specialty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novo Nordisk in November 2013.

Applied online and had phone interview a week later. Very professional and wanted to know if you were a take charge person with good achievements to look to in your resume. Wanted a dominant personality for this position.

Diabetes Care Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Novo Nordisk in September 2013.

Had initial phone interview within a week of applying online - basic HR questions and some behavioral questions (answered in STAR format). Must have been in the top 20% of your sales force in at least 1 of the the past 2 years. They have a 3rd party company that validates sales data so you must document this to move forward. In person interview came about 3 weeks afterwards. Had two 1 hour in-person interviews with 2 managers (1 was hiring manager) back to back. Had to do a 2 minute presentation on NovoLog. The following week had a 30 minute phone interview with the Regional Business Director. Had to document previous salary/bonus comp.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral interview questions (answered in STAR format)
      - Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer
      - Tell me about a time when you had to build trust with a customer
      - Tell me about a time when you had to forego doing something for a customer that would have helped your business but was against company policy
      - Tell me about a situation where you met both a short term and long term goal

Systems & Data Management Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novo Nordisk in October 2013.

Was contacted by an outsourced recruiter who set up the interview. interview was laid back it was with 2 managers of the department who told me about the company and their experiences, behavioral questions based on past experiences.

pay was set by a recruiter

Diabetes Care Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novo Nordisk.

Did telephone screening; interviewed with hiring manager; interviewed with Regional manager; was contacted by HR with the offer

Interview Questions
    • None more difficult than the others; typical interviewing questions   Answer Question